• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

BtaOWF5CEAAJ0Bh.jpg

Signing 4.

5 more to go pls.

Jarnet87

if van Gaal pulls the like a new signing line, I am dead inside.

I wonder if Cole will start for Roma, and Valencia for United. Valencia abused Cole when he first came to United, will be pathetic if he doesn't get the better of him should they face off.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta on Vidal again

"It’s very simple. Vidal extended his contract with us last season, as there was a reciprocal desire to continue this rapport,” noted Marotta.

“There is no reason for him to leave. Yesterday he gave an interview in a rushed and embarrassed manner, as he was getting his luggage and so was misinterpreted.

“I can assure and confirm Vidal is happy to be with us and there’s no reason for alarm. He had these problems with the knee injury and rushing the recovery for the World Cup, so will take a while to find his fitness.

“Nobody can doubt the quality of the player, nor how strong his bond is with Juventus.”

Would Marotta be surprised if Vidal asked for a transfer?

“Absolutely yes. It is a very remote chance, considering what the lad is like, and so I’m not even considering the possibility.

“The situation around him is typical of the transfer market when several big clubs admire him. Vidal exploded in a fairly unexpected way over the last two years to become one of the most important players in the world.

“He is naturally linked to big clubs, but I’ll point out Juventus are a big club too and we intend to hold on tight. I don’t get the sensation he wants to leave us.”

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
if van Gaal pulls the like a new signing line, I am dead inside.

Hes very likely to say he is happy with the squad

We WILL sign at least one defender

The single thing that makes me feel we may sign a midfielder is Carrick being out, but even then I am kinda convinced we wont. IF we do it will be near the end of the transfer period.

Cause it often makes sense to lie. Maybe not in relations to the Drogba transfer, but saying you are happy with your squad and it's done makes sense, sends a signal that your players aren't desperate for new players or to sell anyone.

I think it's more that we've been knocked back on trying to ship out some players and he needs to sell now because the squad is quite large, so as it stands, we're done unless we can ship out

Plus he's a cunt <3

Stubo

Hes very likely to say he is happy with the squad

We WILL sign at least one defender

The single thing that makes me feel we may sign a midfielder is Carrick being out, but even then I am kinda convinced we wont. IF we do it will be near the end of the transfer period.
If he does this after saying that the squad is "unbalanced" I'll be extremely surprised. There should be some more movement the longer he's had to look at the players in training and the preseason games.

Razor554

Deco is hosting friendly match between Porto 2004 cl winning squad and Barça 2006, he plays 45mins for both sides. Starting in 10 mins.

Confirmed players for 2004 FC Porto: Vítor Baía, Pedro Emanuel, Carlos Secretário, Paulo Ferreira, Mário Silva, Sérgio Conceição, Costinha, Maniche, Jankauskas, Derlei, Benni McCarthy, Jorge Costa, Pedro Mendes, Dmitri Alenichev, Nuno Valente, Ricardo Costa, Jorge Andrade, Ricardo Fernandes, Bruno Vale, Rubens Júnior and Bruno Moraes.

Confirmed players for 2006 FC Barcelona: Juliano Belletti, Carles Puyol, Edmílson, Sylvinho, Oleguer, Xavi Hernández, Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Mark van Bommel, Samuel Eto&#8217;o, Lionel Messi, Santi Ezquerro, Eidur Gudjohnsen, Ludovic Giuly, Albert Jorquera, Gabri, Sonny Anderson, Gerard

Damn we had so many shit players in that time, cant wait to see them playing again especially Oleguer. Shame that in the end Ronaldinho couldn't come.

GQman2121

Banned
Happy to have Drogba back with the club. He's apparently going to wear #11 too with Oscar switching to #8. May not be set in stone.

nY2soYR.png

Two of my favorite Drogba goals.

drogbavsevertonopka1.gif

I'm in the stands for this one.
drogbagoalvsmilanmt2ckfg.gif

cQKiGqy.jpg

Why can't athletes dress themselves

Cause they are millionaires who probably only really care about what they think themselves, and not the general public. If I was as rich as them, I would wear that thing Yaya Toure was wearing the beingsport studio all the time, looked comfy as fuck.

Pogba looks pretty hardcore imo. Would sign.

Griezmann would be such a good get for Atletico. Can play LW or just off Mandzukic, is a great counter-attack footballer, and has the heart of a Simeone player. Weird Liverpool aren't interested...

Good chance Koke will go full time in CM now. He played on the left alot last season, but with Griezmann in you'd expect that to change.

Oblak; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Siquiera; Arda, Gabi, Koke, Griezmann; ????, Mandzukic

Still strong. Shame about Angel Correa.

Happy to have Drogba back with the club. He's apparently going to wear #11 too with Oscar switching to #8. May not be set in stone.

Where did you see that? Very interesting, not sure Oscar is a real number 8 though. What will Pogba wear as well?

Also, fuck Atletico, spend that money on Torres ffs.

Nutella is like doping for footballers.

People in Germany thought there was a curse. All young players that appeared in the Nutella DFB ads turned to shit sooner rather than later. See Hinkel, Kuranyi, Lauth, Jansen, Özil, etc.

But then they stopped doing ads after the 2010 WC and we won it.

Fuck Nutella, now that I realized this.

omgkitty

Sam &#8207;@samuelJayC 8m

Griezmann has agreed personal terms ahead of £19.8m move to Atlético, according to Spanish reports tonight. pic.twitter.com/NeF8oFVNLc

WHY THE FUCK ARE WE NOT BUYING HIM AT THAT PRICE? Offer 20m for fucks sake!

Barzul

Griezmann has agreed personal terms ahead of £19.8m move to Atlético, according to Spanish reports tonight. pic.twitter.com/NeF8oFVNLc

Because he's not a ST.

Cause they are millionaires who probably only really care about what they think themselves, and not the general public. If I was as rich as them, I would wear that thing Yaya Toure was wearing the beingsport studio all the time, looked comfy as fuck.

Pogba looks pretty hardcore imo. Would sign.
As long as he's wearing it because YOLO and not because he thinks it looks good then it's okay lol. Would sign Pogs too.

lol Griezmann for 19.8m? Why would they accept less than the release clause?

...Because we don't need him.

Koko

Banned
Griezmann would be such a good get for Atletico. Can play LW or just off Mandzukic, is a great counter-attack footballer, and has the heart of a Simeone player. Weird Liverpool aren't interested...

Good chance Koke will go full time in CM now. He played on the left alot last season, but with Griezmann in you'd expect that to change.

Oblak; Juanfran, Miranda, Godin, Siquiera; Arda, Gabi, Koke, Griezmann; ????, Mandzukic

Still strong. Shame about Angel Correa.

Origi.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
People in Germany thought there was a curse. All young players that appeared in the Nutella DFB ads turned to shit sooner rather than later. See Hinkel, Kuranyi, Lauth, Jansen, Özil, etc.

DAMMIT

Gonna have to find a new way to curse you guys now

Can we interest you in some Ferraris?

GQman2121

Banned
Happy for Van Aanholt. Sunderland seems like a good fit for him. He's still fairly young.

Where did you see that? Very interesting, not sure Oscar is a real number 8 though. What will Pogba wear as well?

Also, fuck Atletico, spend that money on Torres ffs.

Twitter. It's probably bullshit.

Pogba will be the first superstar player to wear #0.

Nicktendo86

OK getting jittery about signings now. Are we buying the lvg line that he wants time to evaluate the squad or have the glazers told us to stop spending?

wedward

lol.

who needs a good player when you could play Jack 50 games a season instead

lol. When you post do you think before you do?

Cazorla, Sanchez and Ox can all play on the left and would play there over Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom