• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing wrong with turning players over this is a business after all but they better have some decent players coming in at this rate.

Not just blind gambles but proven players for a steady transition.

L1NETT

Lol Yoshida is alright m8.

Japan legend.

You need to get Andrew Davies back

Absolute rock that lad

Nothing wrong with turning players over this is a business after all but they better have some decent players coming in at this rate.

Not just blind gambles but proven players for a steady transition.

They'll be fine. Plenty of talented youngsters, plenty of transfer window left, plenty of money coming in and a plenty talented manager

Obviously not a good idea to be selling any more players when they're losing so many as it is - but Saints already have Clyne who is decent. Can see why they'd be willing to sell Chambers for a good fee.

£15m or so would be a good fee for both clubs. He looks great, worth the investment for Arsenal for anything up to that amount.

Obviously not a good idea to be selling any more players when they're losing so many as it is - but Saints already have Clyne who is decent. Can see why they'd be willing to sell Chambers for a good fee.

£15m or so would be a good fee for both clubs. He looks great, worth the investment for Arsenal for anything up to that amount.

But why buy Debuchy?

Salvadora

They are a conveyer belt of homegrown talent.

Share the wealth.
But why buy Debuchy?
Because we need a first choice RB to replace Sagna.

And we rich b.

Hixx

Gus has taken Mavrias to Portugal, awww yiss. But... Roberge too :((

Cristian Rodriguez's agent in England discussing his move to SAFC too apparently. Picking up the pace, bruvs.

3Sixty

Yep.

Koeman seems to have favoured Clyne in pre-season (as he should) Do think Chambers could end up playing CB though.

Graeme Bailey @GraemeBailey
Arsenal close to Callum Chambers deal. Outstanding prospect and a big loss for Southampton.

lol. Is he reliable though?

“Chambers is in the first team at Saints at the moment and is doing very very well. “He can [play at centre back] all the time, but obviously that’s not my decision.

“He’s played wide right and centre midfield and always turned out accomplished performances.

“I personally think long term that Calum will make an excellent centre half.

“He’s doing very well at right back but he’s got very good reading of the game and is very clever.

^England U19 coach. So I guess the Corporal goes out on loan, we sign Nastasic, Winston Reid or whoever else, then bang it out with 7 defenders next season? *kanyeshrug*

wedward

Yeah true also stops someone else buying him, I would loan him back but that's just me.

I think Debuchy and Chambers is solid. Debuchy the starter and rotating Chambers in.

Feeling pretty confident this is happening.

LOL. This means either Jenkinson and Vermaelen are gone, probably both, with Chambers as multi back up. How's that for your accounting,

What are you talking about? Like, really? How does signing Chambers affect signing a Vermaelen replacement?

FootballFan

Dat Messi and Old-man combo in the Deco testimonial.

ibkvqtXA8iPSxe.gif

jtb

Banned
I think Debuchy and Chambers is solid. Debuchy the starter and rotating Chambers in.

Feeling pretty confident this is happening.

What are you talking about? Like, really? How does signing Chambers affect signing a Vermaelen replacement?

paper talk says Wenger sees Chambers with a CB future

wedward

Wenger has made mistakes, but I really can't see him bringing in a 19 year old with 20 appearances at RB to be our third choice center back.

Jenkinson out on loan or sold, Chambers in.

Vermalen out and a CB brought in.

Jack to DM.

Done. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom