• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only have 3 trouble spots in the first team.

CF, LW, DM.

The latter is being worked on. The first two are not.

Still reasonably shocked the big money wasn't thrown at securing a top class striker. Especially when I don't perceive your team's problem being the supply of chances and your attempted transfer activity last summer suggesting as much.

Meier

This just happened.

http://instagram.com/p/q44EKkKoBT/
http://instagram.com/p/q45b5YqoDK/

Fuuuu, that was amazing! Smacked hands with Joe when he walked by at the end. City posted they were doing an event at 10 UK time which I knew was less than an hour away. They put up a pic of Chappy and that let me realize they were pretty close to our hotel based on the skyline behind him. Another photo showed a few faces outside a window and some specific bars on the outside of it.

We walked what turned out to be 6 blocks all while I was referencing where the New Yorker building was to our left. Found a building with a group of youths waiting outside and then recognized the bars so we waited until 5 and BAM! Just kind of walked in with this other guy who turned out to be from the local supporter's group. There was only like 50-75 people total. It was awesome. I'm still buzzing.

Lightning

Banned
We only have 3 trouble spots in the first team.

CF, LW, DM.

The latter is being worked on. The first two are not.
We have Santi Cazorla on the left wing. It is NOT a problem position and Arsenal fans turning on Podolski is rather sad given the number of goals he scores.

For me, LW is fine.

This just happened.

Fuuuu, that was amazing! Smacked hands with Joe when he walked by at the end. City posted they were doing an event at 10 UK time which I knew was less than an hour away. They put up a pic of Chappy and that let me realize they were pretty close to our hotel based on the skyline behind him. Another photo showed a few faces outside a window and some specific bars on the outside of it.

We walked what turned out to be 6 blocks all while I was referencing where the New Yorker building was to our left. Found a building with a group of youths waiting outside and then recognized the bars so we waited until 5 and BAM! Just kind of walked in with this other guy who turned out to be from the local supporter's group. There was only like 50-75 people total. It was awesome. I'm still buzzing.

Awesome! I still regret not seeing the CL trophy when it was at Stamford Bridge! I'll have to go see it this year when we bring it back!

Slizz

This just happened.

Dope.

This just happened.

Nice man, nice.

Salvadora

We have Santi Cazorla on the left wing. It is NOT a problem position and Arsenal fans turning on Podolski is rather sad given the number of goals he scores.

For me, LW is fine.
For me, it isn't.

Cazorla had a poor season last year by his standards and Podolski has clear as daylight deficiencies in his game. And both are lax defensively.

BtbEAfqCUAAUWJz.jpg

But why do you pull up your socks you utter nurks.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Southampton are going to be in a serious dogfight next season, I've never seen a team lose this many quality players at one time. Yes they're getting a lot of money but is it worth destroying the team?

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Southampton are going to be in a serious dogfight next season, I've never seen a team lose this many quality players at one time. Yes they're getting a lot of money but is it worth destroying the team?

mid table is fine. Most of these guys wanted out anyway so fuck 'em. At least we're not in a position where we have to practically give them away like Walcott, Bale and Chamberlin.

EmiPrime

We're not going to be paying £16m up front, the figure would be best case scenario based on appearances and paid in instalments. Arsene will likely play him just enough that we don't trigger those appearance clauses. All said and done we'll probably pay close to half that. £8-10m for a third choice CB who could become first choice in time isn't bad business.

omgkitty

We were kinda linked with Chambers at the beginning of the summer and now BAM shit's happening. I'm actually really excited for Chambers. Kid has a bright future.

Salvadora

mid table is fine. Most of these guys wanted out anyway so fuck 'em. At least we're not in a position where we have to practically give them away like Walcott, Bale and Chamberlin.
We didn't do you a disservice financially for Walcott/Oxlade-Chamberlain tbf.

We're not going to be paying £16m up front, the figure would be best case scenario based on appearances and paid in instalments. Arsene will likely play him just enough that we don't trigger those appearance clauses. All said and done we'll probably pay close to half that. £8-10m for a third choice CB who could become first choice in time isn't bad business.

:lol

Got the lottery numbers too, Emi?

3Sixty

Ronald Koeman ‏@Koeman1963 14m

An other win tonight! Again a clean sheet against a strong opponent #Bournemouth ! Thanks to THE fans for THE support!

---

Maybe not the best time for RoKo to tweet.

arkon

This just happened.

This just proves to me that I'll never go wrong with my stalking. Congrats.

L1NETT

Leeds, 04-05. Dire financial straights, had to sell everyone basically

Finished mid table

jtb

Banned
Wenger has made mistakes, but I really can't see him bringing in a 19 year old with 20 appearances at RB to be our third choice center back.

Jenkinson out on loan or sold, Chambers in.

Vermalen out and a CB brought in.

Jack to DM.

Done. Enjoy.

Jenkinson out? Jack at DM?

nightmare fuel

This is the best business we've done in years.

And we're not finished either.

last summer, we lost nobody and improved two positions (Ozil and Flamini, who was, at the time, an upgrade). Sagna is a big loss and players like Arteta are a year older. and this was our last chance for an upgrade at a very important position
manager
and we blew that too. I'm concerned.

hiroshawn

Banned

e did the same with OX, which sucked. Chambers is third choice so it would work out well.

Scum

Usho, pls. Southampton will shock & awe everyone in the upcoming season, only to have their new found stars poached again in Jan and then again during the summer.

"Southampton finish well in the season after most of their players are stolen away from them...."

"Clyne linked with [insert team here] after stellar performances in the league."

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
If they reinvest all this money

buying a gk innit

Usho, pls. Southampton will shock & awe everyone in the upcoming season, only to have their new found stars poached again in Jan and then again during the summer.

"Southampton finish well in the season after most of their players are stolen away from them...."

"Clyne linked with [insert team here] after stellar performances in the league."

I expect Ward-Prowse to be next.

Meier

e did the same with OX, which sucked. Chambers is third choice so it would work out well.
The Ox situation was different since he wasn't in the Prem at the time. Chambers played well at the top level. I'm sure any quoted figure will be far less incentive laden than it would have been a few years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom