• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

No Premierleague team had ever lost to an MLS side until Arsenal's loss tonight.

A disgrace to all premfaces.

only this summer preseason friendlies. Pretty sure MLS sides have won in these friendlies before.

Wish we stopped doing these friendlies but I understand the money involved is tempting.

Is Sturridge world class?

I feel like he ticks all the boxes, but there's just something stopping me from saying he definitely is

He's been fantastic for 18 months, but the pool of world class strikers has to be small enough for it to retain meaning (for me), in which case he's fighting with the likes of Suarez, Ibra, Falcao, Van Persie, Lewandowski, Cavani (pre-last season), Aguero, and then players like Dzeko, Mandzukic, Rooney, Benzema etc in the group below them

If he has another great season, with good CL performances, I don't think you could argue against it

Salvadora

Campbell + £8m-ish for Balotelli is a pretty good deal. I mean, yeah, he's crazy and you really don't know what you're getting. But I think it's a risk worth taking.
No it isn't.

He's a shitehawk that would bring bad PR to the club, demand huge wages, and underperform on the pitch.

Do not want.

jtb

Banned
Is Sturridge world class?

I feel like he ticks all the boxes, but there's just something stopping me from saying he definitely is

He's been fantastic for 18 months, but the pool of world class strikers has to be small enough for it to retain meaning (for me), in which case he's fighting with the likes of Suarez, Ibra, Falcao, Van Persie, Lewandowski, Cavani (pre-last season), Aguero, and then players like Dzeko, Mandzukic, Rooney, Benzema etc in the group below them

If he has another great season, with good CL performances, I don't think you could argue against it

Definitely needs another season. But he'll get there, I think.

Don't do it to yourself

On both accounts
I still believe in Bioware
jbzcH0F5U6uMjI.png

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Anyone in the uk unbearably hot? This is stupid, all doors open, window open half way and im sweating buckets.

never?
Bro, I've been a supporter of Real Madrid since the 90s
we had no money back then :)

It depend on the player in question
Steven got some offers back in the day
Totti got some offers
and many others but guess what? they stayed
also
There are those who make a fuss to leave
And there are those who would stay but their team wanted the money so they have to leave.

Even in the 90s though you were the most iconic club in the world. It's not like your players were being unsettled and joining another team in the way you go about acquiring your targets

And Gerrard and Totti are obvious special cases, with them being one-club-men. Not sure about Totti, but I doubt Gerrard ever had a real desire to play for Madrid.

Balotelli is a cunt, brings a lot of trouble to the club, and to top it off, isn't all that good

Certainly not a player who's worth persevering with when the cracks start to appear

wedward

New Itk info

@davemagar: Next signing (not a Defender) to be announced prior to next weekend.

@davemagar: Not talking About Calum or the goalie that look done deals

Please Jesus. Bless me with Schneiderlin.

Salvadora

New Itk info

@davemagar: Next signing (not a Defender) to be announced prior to next weekend.

@davemagar: Not talking About Calum or the goalie that look done deals

Please Jesus. Bless me with Schneiderlin.
Is this guy reliable?

The prospect of 3 signings is a week is too much for me to handle.

And if one of them is Schneiderlin....

GQman2121

Banned
No it isn't.

He's a shitehawk that would bring bad PR to the club, demand huge wages, and underperform on the pitch.

Do not want.

Fair enough. I wouldn't have him either. But that's only because Mou has been down that road.

He's inconsistent and a headcase. But when he's on, he's on, and there are very few strikers of his quality available. And none at that cutrate price.

He's a gamble for Arsenal, I think he's one worth considering.

28c here. This is no way to live.

You guys don't have A/C there, do you? Madness. Most people where we currently live in Colorado don't have A/C, and I consider them crazy. Sure, we only need it for 3-4 months a year, but we REALLY need it those months. It hits low to mid-90s (32-35 celsius) during the summer. I can't deal with that.

First thing we had put in our home was central air conditioning. The world is only going to get hotter.

Summer was such a nightmare for me. I'm enjoying winter tho

Bro! Former Mendocino (and Porteño) here. My wife is from Neuquen.

Dark Rider

Even in the 90s though you were the most iconic club in the world. It's not like your players were being unsettled and joining another team in the way you go about acquiring your targets

Money is what make it hard for clubs to keep their players nowadays not being iconic and the whole transfer dynamic was different back then as there was a lot of loyal one-team players so the issue of your players being settled or not was not as bad as now for all teams and Real Madrid was no exception
we didn't win the champions league for long decades and had no money
Iconic or not that did not make players throw a fit to leave their teams for you
so don't pretend we had it easy acquiring players back then with no money and no champion league titles for so long

And Gerrard and Totti are obvious special cases, with them being one-club-men. Not sure about Totti, but I doubt Gerrard ever had a real desire to play for Madrid.

I think he thought about it long and hard and had strong temptation but he let that chance slip.

my point is it's not all about money and you are not helpless
unless your player is the one that want out for money or your club owner/manager want the money

omgkitty

Can't believe that in 2014 Arsenal were able to sign an English player from an EPL club without so much as a whisper until the last moment.

It really came from nowhere. Besides earlier this summer of rumors being we wanted him to replace Sagna, it's been quiet until yesterday where it exploded.

You guys don't have A/C there, do you? Madness. Most people where we currently live in Colorado don't have A/C, and I consider them crazy. Sure, we only need it for 3-4 months a year, but we REALLY need it those months. It hits low to mid-90s (32-35 celsius) during the summer. I can't deal with that.

First thing we had put in our home was central air conditioning. The world is only going to get hotter.

We'd probably only really need it for about 2 weeks usually, but almost all of July's been pretty hot this year.

It's glorious.

Suen

This Madrid-Inter friendly is really good despite Madrid playing with their C-squad. Well for a friendly it's good...when compared to the other friendlies so far.

We'd probably only really need it for about 2 weeks usually, but almost all of July's been pretty hot this year.

It's glorious.

Yeah, I suppose the weather in the UK is a wetter, more dreary version of Seattle or something. Almost nobody there has A/C, and they always complain the 2-3 weeks a year when they could really use it.

I love gray skies and rain...I'm weird like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom