• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearly trying to troll. Not going to bother any further with you.

You're smart enough to know what a great signing Chambers is.

He's good, but it ignores the weaknesses in your team that have been evident for over a year: a DM and a CF.

You've been offering on the likes of Bender, Rooney and Suarez and now you're ignoring the problem because you've bought Ozil and Sanchez. Naturally this amuses me.

It's just Laboured being mad.

Becoming a regularity these days.

Pogba, the captaincy, Chambers. The list goes on.

I am furious, clearly.

Nah Viv, saw it in 2D. Despise 3D. Makes me feel cross eyed. Sat in the cinema doing my best Aquilani.

How did Cleverley play?

Saw Arsenal lost. Man they need to get Ospina and Debuchy in the team quick.

Yeah I hate 3D too. It's not even proper 3D.

He was pretty crap.

Salvadora

Very reliable sources, namely Ornstein, say we are on the hunt for a DM and the BBC say Schneiderlin is on the hit list.

Don't know why you would ignore that, but hey.

The summer is far from over.

Feel like I get no credit for telling Arsenal GAF Morgan was their number 1 midfield target ages before anyone else did.

No more ITK news for them.

looking forward to seeing the start of Costa's decline tomorrow! I hope he starts well! Fabregas and Cahill back too
3AQmK.gif

Lightning

Banned
He's good, but it ignores the weaknesses in your team that have been evident for over a year: a DM and a CF.

You've been offering on the likes of Bender, Rooney and Suarez and now you're ignoring the problem because you've bought Ozil and Sanchez. Naturally this amuses me.

I am furious, clearly.
No one is ignoring those. We've gone on and on about needing a DM but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be happy for the players we do get. Debuchy goes down injured and we'd have a season of Jenkinson. Bet you'd love that?

Remove Özil and we'd only have Cazorla who is several pegs below in quality and not good enough for sole creative duties so we'd have an issue there.

Everyone knows we need a DM and CF. Last season pace was a problem? We sign Sanchez and now lol wrong player. Season before we had so many games finishing without scoring, we sign Özil and lol we didn't need him? We pass on Fabregas because we have Özil and we get accused of handing Chelsea the league. No matter what we do, we will get criticised so meh I will enjoy what we get.

I thought you were yanqui.

what are you doing in the USA? a cousin of mine used to live in Mendoza

are you pablo mastroeni

Haha. I'm a Yank, I just lived in Argentina from 1986-1999. My wife grew up there for most of that same time period. I stayed until I graduated from secundario, then moved back here for college. Only been back twice since then. :/

Wait until I start live streaming my thoughts and post photos from key AFA matchup in this thread. Absolutely no one will care! I've tried out the Futbol Para Todos website and it's a laggy disaster, so my plan may not come to fruition. Fox Soccer Channel used to broadcast at least one AFA game a week, but no more.

De que cuadro sos? Aguante River, carajo!

Enzo_1.JPG

wedward

No one is ignoring those. We've gone on and on about needing a DM but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be happy for the players we do get. Debuchy goes down injured and we'd have a season of Jenkinson. Bet you'd love that?

Remove Özil and we'd only have Cazorla who is several pegs below in quality and not good enough for sole creative duties so we'd have an issue there.

Everyone knows we need a DM and CF. Last season pace was a problem? We sign Sanchez and now lol wrong player. Season before we had so many games finishing without scoring, we sign Özil and lol we didn't need him? We pass on Fabregas because we have Özil and we get accused of handing Chelsea the league. No matter what we do, we will get criticised so meh I will enjoy what we get.

Probabaly a waste of time responding to him. He is trolling like usual.

K1LLER7

Rooney earning that dollar. Shame the fanbase pretend to hate him. Such an odd relationship.
He seems to enjoy playing in this new formation.

You need to check Pjanic's goal out. The goal that retired United's legendary reserve keeper Ben Amos.

Do you read what people post or just troll all day?

How does signing a rb mean we are ignoring cf and dm. How does one rule out the other? Every reliable source has said we are in for a dm.

1. The number of people convincing themselves that Sanchez will be your new CF and the number of CFs you have already passed up on; and

2. There's been very little connecting you to a good DM other than Ornstein saying you'd quite like to get a new DM, which was before all of the Wilshere to DM reports came out.

Arsenal probably won't sign a striker. Wenger isn't going to kill Giroud's career like that. I'm not sure they need to either.

As in - to win the title they probably do need more guaranteed goals but I doubt they have the desire to really go for it and get somebody like Cavani.

jesalr

Lamela looks a completely different player to before, what on earth were AVB and Sherwood doing with him ? o_O

Sherwood only briefly got to play him, because he was injured.

AVB had out players dawdle on the ball, which took was pointless for our direct, pacey players

Salvadora

1. The number of people convincing themselves that Sanchez will be your new CF and the number of CFs you have already passed up on; and

2. There's been very little connecting you to a good DM other than Ornstein saying you'd quite like to get a new DM, which was before all of the Wilshere to DM reports came out.
1. It is based on what Wenger said.

2.Ornstein is literally the most reliable Arsenal journalist and you are believing the Daily Mail over him.

You're having a shocker, mate.

wedward

There is a month left and plenty of sources have said we are after multiple dm targets. Don't really know what else we can expect.

Arnie

He seems to enjoy playing in this new formation.

You need to check Pjanic's goal out. The goal that retired United's legendary reserve keeper Ben Amos.
Seen it.

Meh.

Preferred Rooney's. Rather have technique to bend and beat a goalkeeper on his line than pitching wedge it from distance.

wedward

1. It is based on what Wenger said.

2.Ornstein is literally the most reliable Arsenal journalist and you are believing the Daily Mail over him.

You're having a shocker, mate.

Pretty much his mo.

Troll. Get called out for it. Try and act as if he wasn't trolling and back it up with shit.

And he doesn't address his original point.

Not gunna reply cus I'm just trolling m8.

But seriously Sanchez is a wonderful player on all fronts. But I doubt he addresses your primary problems even though he improves your first XI.

My issue is that you guys should expect more. Your club has been taking the piss for seasons. Now you're finally spending money but you're spending it in all of the areas but the ones that matter. Stop protecting your club's shitty practices.

Pretty much his mo.

Troll. Get called out for it. Try and act as if he wasn't trolling and back it up with shit.

And he doesn't address his original point.

I get it, I get what all of you are saying. You're content with how you club is run. Congratulations. Wengy said. Ornstein said. Etcetera.

Feorax

Hopefully we'll get to see Markovic play in a red shirt in the next 24 hours.

I know I shouldn't get over-excited, he's still very raw, but I can't help myself :p.

Arnie

As much as I agree with you in this instance Weddle, you're entering murky territory here given your own modus operandi.

Same goes for Barzul, wherever he may be.

You're our very own Paul and Barry.

wedward

But seriously Sanchez is a wonderful player on all fronts. But I doubt he addresses your primary problems even though he improves your first XI.

My issue is that you guys should expect more. Your club has been taking the piss for seasons. Now you're finally spending money but you're spending it in all of the areas but the ones that matter. Stop protecting your club's shitty practices.

There is a month left. I don't know how many more was to say that.

Rb was a weakness once Sagna left. So because we need a cf and dm we should ignore other weak positions.

Suen

Arsenal probably won't sign a striker. Wenger isn't going to kill Giroud's career like that. I'm not sure they need to either.

As in - to win the title they probably do need more guaranteed goals but I doubt they have the desire to really go for it and get somebody like Cavani.
Cavani should be enough french by now therefore Wenger will sign him. Giroud means nothing at this point, ship him back to the farm.

K1LLER7

Seen it.

Meh.

Preferred Rooney's. Rather have technique to bend and beat a goalkeeper on his line than pitching wedge it from distance.
But one ended the promising United career of Ben Amos.

LVG: “I am nearly 63 years old and I run when the ball is flying four seconds, fifty metres. What do you think?”

Arnie

Worth noting that some positions are harder to fill than others, given the availability of your targets and the resistance of the buying club. All of this falls outside any will to plug gaps in your squad.

We've needed a left back since the beginning of last season almost and we're still haggling away.

Can be tough. And you can't let other players drift off because you're wrestling with a club over a player.

I doubt Arsenal have ignored a DM whilst they've been off collecting mediocre French fullbacks and backup keepers, it's just that that particular position is tougher for them to resolve.

Lightning

Banned

using your logic we're never be happy since we can't change anything. You wanna live like that, unhappy cause your not getting more, be my guest but I don't live that way.

I'm happy for what I get, improvements we make.

Salvadora

I think it's lacking "looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool" and various capitalised words at bare minimum.

Appreciate that you're moving to ad hominum rather than substantive argument though.
No, I'm highlighting that you're having a completely different argument to everyone else in the thread.

Just like Pulga.

Chambers is a very good signing I think. I think he's actually really good as it is but it's also important to provide competition which he will do. We should have got him and Shaw man, we will regret this.

Debuchy and Ospina are bores, though.

wedward

No, I'm highlighting that you're having a completely different argument to everyone else in the thread.

Just like Pulga.

If it were August 31st it would be one thing.

We have a month left. Trusted sources have said we are after a dm. Are we just supposed to be upset until we sign a dm? I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom