• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT1| Wes to make an awesome 2014-2015 OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
kit looks fantastic on him. high hopes.

bebe1.jpg

No, I'm highlighting that you're having a completely different argument to everyone else in the thread.

Just like Pulga.

No I made a point to Lightening that his satisfaction with Chambers should probably be tempered by the fact that you've not addressed 2 year old problems position wise.

Now I'm being told by someone else entirely that I'm the one not addressing the subject of the argument. You can probably understand my amusement at that.

If it were August 31st it would be one thing.

We have a month left. Trusted sources have said we are after a dm. Are we just supposed to be upset until we sign a dm? I don't get it.

CF and DM were the two most pressing issues in your squad, IMO, and you probably should have resolved them before the season starts. That should always be the aim anyway.

Like Arnie said, things aren't always so easy in a WC year especially - but yeah, guess we'll see what happens in the next few days.

In our case, I'm pretty annoyed we haven't sorted more things out yet. Sources can say what they like really. Liverpool and Chelsea have done well at getting things sorted pronto.

Arnie

The Origi deal is six years. Like that.

I fucking hope Lovren is good. Of all the signings he's probably the most vital. Well, him and Markovic. Confident the latter will be absolutely excellent.

Cautiously optimistic about the former.

I fucking hope Lovren is good. Of all the signings he's probably the most vital. Well, him and Markovic. Confident the latter will be absolutely excellent.

I don't really get why so many Liverpool fans seem to be 'against' Lovren. He was decent last year and he is still reasonably young. Defences are all about units working together aswell. Like I get the worries about the price and stuff but alot of people flat out don't want him - which seems a bit strange to me.

Salvadora

No I made a point to Lightening that his satisfaction with Chambers should probably be tempered by the fact that you've not addressed 2 year old problems position wise.

Now I'm being told by someone else entirely that I'm the one not addressing the subject of the argument. You can probably understand my amusement at that.
Did you bother to look at the post I was replying to?

You have proceeded to go into a tangent stating "I get it, I get what all of you are saying. You're content with how you club is run." In other words, basically arguing with yourself over absolutely nothing.

So you can probably understand my amusement at how you have flown off the rails again, for about the fourth time in 2 days.

Fry

We have a solid team now, don't we?

Can you imagine if we keep our form from last season?

I am excited. If we pulled off someone live Vidal or Shaqiri I'd be in heaven.

Arnie

I don't really get why so many Liverpool fans seem to be 'against' Lovren. He was decent last year and he is still reasonably young. Defences are all about units working together aswell. Like I get the worries about the price and stuff but alot of people flat out don't want him - which seems a bit strange to me.
I think it's because he isn't a standout player.

He feels like another body of comparable ability to what we already have.

It's strange, I thought for the large part Skrtel and Sakho were excellent last season. Don't think Lovren was any better than them. So we're spending a lot of money to add a squad player. Same reason why I'm not overly bothered about the Lallana signing.

Players like Markovic and Remy and Can are needed and for various reasons represent great business.

The two big Southampton buys don't have that.

ShogunX

56732_48167_173493.jpg

How can he not be?

Scum

Any club shown any interest in Shaqiri or El Shaarawy?

Arnie, pls. You should be more worried about Squirtle and his own goals.

GorillaJu

If you asked me what CB I would have liked to sign I would have said Lovren first and foremost. He's a strong 1 on 1 defender with good positioning and quality technique. Handful of goals in him too.

I truly don't understand the negativity either. Money? Well what do you expect to pay for such a player after Southampton just bought him for £9m last year?

Yeah Arnie Skrtel and Sakho were decent. But they invite way too much pressure, Skrtel in particular, and wait until the final moment to make a last ditch effort. And then what happens if it goes wrong? How many stupid OGs we have as a club.

I should also add that United aren't doing much better. We've got an LB and CM but we need tonnes more. I'm bloody nervous about our current inactivity.

When Woodward starts talking about what we can do, it's time to worry. I really don't see us making any big waves in the market now.

I think it's because he isn't a standout player.

He feels like another body of comparable ability to what we already have.

It's strange, I thought for the large part Skrtel and Sakho were excellent last season. Don't think Lovren was any better than them. So we're spending a lot of money to add a squad player. Same reason why I'm not overly bothered about the Lallana signing.

Players like Markovic and Remy and Can are needed and for various reasons represent great business.

The two big Southampton buys don't have that.

Yeah I get that.

CB is a hard position to buy for though. Who would be standout that Liverpool could sign? Can't really think of anybody. Same as us, we're not going to get a 'world class' centre half...but we do need one. Who do we get. Nobody comes to mind who I'd think - ah yeah, definitely him.

Did you bother to look at the post I was replying to?

You have proceeded to go into a tangent stating "I get it, I get what all of you are saying. You're content with how you club is run." In other words, basically arguing with yourself over absolutely nothing.

So you can probably understand my amusement at how you have flown off the rails again, for about the fourth time in 2 days.

Yes, you replied to my post repeating the numbering and points I had made no less. You believe what you're told by the same people who have misinformed you last year but I'm supposed to believe their inferences at face value on your behalf.

*Flies off metaphorical rails*

Salvadora

Khedira wants 9 million €. If he doesn't get it e will stay at Madrid.

What's the p/w in pounds.
£137,000 p/w.

Not worth it.

Schneiderlin would be the better financial investment and the better player.
Yes, you replied to my post repeating the numbering and points I had made no less. You believe what you're told by the same people who have misinformed you last year but I'm supposed to believe their inferences at face value on your behalf.

First of all, I think you need to calm down and take a few deep breathes.

You've obviously tied yourself into a few figurative knots and are struggling to undo them in what was in all likelihood intended as a troll for a bit of a laugh

Secondly, I would ask you about instances where Ornstein and the likes have misinformed me but you won't have an answer to that. And instead choose to believe whatever bullshit sources support whatever you're spewing at the time.

Arnie

The ones that come to mind are Hummels and Benatia.

The rest are still a bit uncertain, like Mangala and Marquinos and Lovren.

wedward

Ornstein usually only posts when something is done or very close to done. Has yet to give us a reason not to trust him.

Eh, not too bad.

Rather have Schneiderlin, but that doesn't look possible.

It is if you're willing to pay the price, as we've seen a few times this window already.

It would be worth it for Arsenal IMO. He's a great player and it would solve the position. Sometimes you just have to over pay for players. People find it hard to stomach that but so long as you're not doing it regularly, which Arsenal aren't, it makes sense.

But yeah, I don't see Arsenal paying over £25m for him.

wedward

It is if you're willing to pay the price, as we've seen a few times this window already.

It would be worth it for Arsenal IMO. He's a great player and it would solve the position. Sometimes you just have to over pay for players. People find it hard to stomach that but so long as you're not doing it regularly, which Arsenal aren't, it makes sense.

But yeah, I don't see Arsenal paying over £25m for him.

I am all for paying £27. I just don't think we will.

Rather we pay up and get the player we want than accept something less.

Ornstein usually only posts when something is done or very close to done. Has yet to give us a reason not to trust him.

I do get that, but from a cynical point of view its all the more convenient if nothing comes of anything. Does he just not update if potential deals don't come though?

Marko will be good for Liverpool, it's only thing i can say. i mentioned Garay being one of the top CB in the world and Matic a top 3 DM in Europe for ages and i don't think i was wrong or misguided folks in any of those claims. same thing with Marko.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom