• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For anyone upgrading crappy cards for Doom3...READ THIS ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

marsomega

In every videocard thread NO MATTER the subject this comes up...

"I have <inset crappy video card here> , what should I get thats not too expensive to play <insert game here> if i'm on a low budget"..

Here is your ticket

Its a steal....

EDIT.
What jerks, its much higher on the web site. At my best buy they have them on sale for 229 BEFORE the rebate....

marsomega

sefskillz said:
looks right to me

Err wait.. Wait...I could of sworn it just said 229 after rebates... what the bloody hell is going...
bleh2.gif

Nevermind...ENJOY!!!!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Newbie said:
I just got a 9800pro for 175 without any rebate bollocks, so i'm happy
I've read somewhere that there are some 128bit memory 9800s floating around going for cheaper.

Hitokage said:
I've read somewhere that there are some 128bit memory 9800s floating around going for cheaper.

Don't worry, I'm fully aware of the 128bit memory shenanigans. I got a powercolor 9800pro 128mb of 256bit memory, and it came free with *shudder* Tomb Raider (should I bother playing this at all, I mean; how bad can it be?)

marsomega

Hitokage said:

Those are the sapphire ones with the 128bit sticker on it...Not sure about any other...

These are BBA cards.

Gattsu25 said:
thank you for telling me this...3 days after i bought a 9800pro
From where? Return, return, return...

Mr Pockets said:
I was tempted by that card at one point, but I instead chose...

This Card : http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...66559&productCategoryId=cat01151&type=product

Fast as hell, and has a lifetime warranty.

Do you have linux? Tell me your have linux?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
marsomega said:
Do you have linux? Tell me your have linux?
Nope...no Linux. When I bought my card the 9800pro was $299 vs my card for $199...the differences between the cards are no big deal...

Seeing the 9800pro drop so much in the last few months is funny...but hey, I didn't want to get another ATI card anyway.

I love my 5900XT :)

Plays all my games on max settings and plenty fast.

So bleah to the NVidia haters :D

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Built By Ati 9800 Pro has been like $227 at newegg.com for weeks. No bullshit rebates either.

Free shipping. It'll be at your house in about 2-3 business days.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-102-286&depa=0

I'd trust newegg over Trojan Horse Buy any day.

Edit: 179.99?

I'd still go newegg, because I've never had luck with rebates.

Also, newegg won't charge sales tax if your state doesn't require it. I don't know about best buy, but walmart charges anyway. Bastards.

SKluck

Banned
I got my ATI 9800 Pro 4 months ago for $210 from buy.com.

Wait all this time just to save $30? Waste of time.

fart

Savant
i can't believe people are going to be sinking hundreds of dollars into this crap game.

have fun playing quake again, guys!

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"i can't believe people are going to be sinking hundreds of dollars into this crap game.

have fun playing quake again, guys!"

And I can't believe people with consoles collect dozens of crappy generic games and throw them on shelves like trophies.

I have a PS2 and GC, but there's some things consoles just blow at. Like shooters and strategy. Don't bring up Halo, because it sucks.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
SHIT that's a good deal. Should've waited :( . . . . a year. I paid I think $300 for a regular R9800 about one year ago. I guess it's good enough....my interest in gaming has dwindled drastically since then, so it's not that much of a big deal.

fart

Savant
teh_pwn said:
And I can't believe people with consoles collect dozens of crappy generic games and throw them on shelves like trophies.

I have a PS2 and GC, but there's some things consoles just blow at. Like shooters and strategy. Don't bring up Halo, because it sucks.
i'm not saying don't play computer games. computer games rock. it's just this game that sucks, and you have to buy some insanely expensive piece of hardware to play it. if you'll recall, strategy games (imo a gp computer's greatest strength) don't tend to have insane hardware requirements. it's just the mediocre shooters that turn framerate into a competitive advantage that force you blow hundreds on new silicon.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
fart said:
i can't believe people are going to be sinking hundreds of dollars into this crap game.

have fun playing quake again, guys!
You stupid old fart. This isn't QUAKE. It's DOOM......with REAL-TIME LIGHTING. And ATMOSPHERE. And REAL-TIME LIGHTING.

fart

Savant
demon said:
You stupid old fart. This isn't QUAKE. It's DOOM......with REAL-TIME LIGHTING. And ATMOSPHERE. And REAL-TIME LIGHTING.
quake had realtime lighting dude. it was pretty cool back in the day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom