• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ford Focus - What Happened Between 2000 and 2001

Status
Not open for further replies.
I convinced a friend of mine to get a Focus as her next car. She got a 2003 model, and I noticed one day that my car looks longer. I checked against a 2001 and same thing. Is this some optical illusion. I hear the SVTs are also different looking.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
The US Focus sucks... and Ford sucks for not bringing the new Mondeo over here... nuff said... oh yeah Ford also sucks for dropping the SVT model Focus... hell I think the entire SVT line is on hold this year... no Focus... no Lightning....

Man, id kill for the RS Focus, but its not allowed over here. I love the older Focus' bodylines, and thats mostly what I buy cars for.

marko

DarienA said:
The US Focus sucks... and Ford sucks for not bringing the new Mondeo over here... nuff said... oh yeah Ford also sucks for dropping the SVT model Focus... hell I think the entire SVT line is on hold this year... no Focus... no Lightning....

What's the difference between standard US focus and standard eurpoean focus?

I also notice the 1999 and 2000 focus models seems to sit lower than 2001-current. Or maybe its just me. I love it low, so it would suck to lose that.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
in europe the "newer" post 2000 focus lost the front indicators in the bumper and went to halogen headlamps with indicators built in. aslo i think the rear lights were tidies up a bit, not too sure about what interior changes.

old:

picj01.jpg

newer:
getImage.asp

marko

MrAngryFace said:
I have a sedan, never been a fan of the hatchbacks

I actually like them both. Might of gotten the hatchback, but occasionally drive the kids around, and I don't think the rear seat protection is all that good on the hatch.

Hard to believe in 4-5 months I will have had my 2000 focus for 5 years. Recalls have been a pain in the ass, but no other problems than that, and still fun to drive.

There's just something cool about the sedan, I mean EVERYONE has the hatchback. Its been a good car, aside from that ignition switch crap business I went through.

Pimpwerx

The Mundane-o? Nah, leave that shit where it belongs. Focuses suck too. My sis had a 02 hatch. I'll say this, it was better than my Corolla. I'll also say this, that's not saying much. :D PEACE.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
European Focus is still the best driving, handling hatchback in its class, 5 years after launch, FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom