• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forgotten Hope .65 Released!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
I'm not sure if any straight up downloads are available, but the password for the password protected rar files has been released at long last. If you have them already, you can now install the new version.

-=@visit-www.fhmod.org@=-

That's the password, so just copy and paste. It's stickied at the top of their forum as well, so it should be safe to post it all around now.

Edit: In case anyone has no idea of what I refer to, this is among the best of the BF1942 mods out today. It is a WWII based mod that adds substantial realism without sacrificing too much gameplay like some ultra-realism mods might. Tons of new vehicles, maps, damage models, etc.

DarthWoo

Their installer works a lot faster than it did for .61. Just a defrag and I'll see how well their supposed 20% performance increase ingame is.

DarthWoo

Well, only managed to play one map before my nightly AV scan kicked in and crapped out my speeds. All the vehicles now have their name in their icon, which is a nice touch. All of the Shermans now have the bow guns that they should have. They have a nice looking M36 Jackson TD with the open top, so you can pick off the driver pretty easily. Lots of reworked sounds. On the map I played, Operation Norwind, there was a battery of about 4 105mm Howitzers that one person could control. Not many impressions right now, but I'll play a lot more tomorrow, even more if I miss the UPS guy with my DVDs again.

Top Bottom