• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Formating my Comp, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, now that my brother is mostly gone from the house, I want to format my comp.

The thing is, I have 3 partitions : C:, which is 20 gig, D: and E: who are 10 gig respectively. But I only want one big 40 gig partition.

1) How do I format all my partition into one?

2) Does anyone know the website that explain in details how to make a Windows XP install CD without assistance?

3) Should I install SP2 with my Windows Xp, or should I wait?

I'd put a 10 Gig Partition for windows and programs you have on CD on C: and put the rest on D: if I were you. That way, if you ever need to reformat (you should), you'll be able to reinstall C: without losing any documents/files on D:.

6.8 said:
I'd put a 10 Gig Partition for windows and programs you have on CD on C: and put the rest on D: if I were you. That way, if you ever need to reformat (you should), you'll be able to reinstall C: without losing any documents/files on D:.

Yeah but I don't want partitions anymore. I just want one big hard drive.

Then, whenever you're reinstalling, you'll be able to delete your partitions and make a big one instead. I don't remember the exact commands, but if you read what's on screen during the winxp install, it should be fairly obvious.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Assuming this is XP, you'll have a chance to redistribute the space once you format the boot partition. It's one of the options you get before the OS actually installs.

Just keep in mind you'll lose whatever data you have on those drives.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Littleberu said:
Well, now that my brother is mostly gone from the house, I want to format my comp.

The thing is, I have 3 partitions : C:, which is 20 gig, D: and E: who are 10 gig respectively. But I only want one big 40 gig partition.

1) How do I format all my partition into one?

Setup your bios so that the disc drive boots up before the HDD. Insert the XP disc and boot up your pc. After the drivers have loaded and you agree to the EULA windows will ask you on which partion you want to install XP. At this point you can just delete the three partions and format one partion.

Littleberu said:
2) Does anyone know the website that explain in details how to make a Windows XP install CD without assistance?

NeoWin Slipstream Guide

Littleberu said:
3) Should I install SP2 with my Windows Xp, or should I wait?

Slipstream so you won't have to deal with it later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom