• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Former trooper, who shot unarmed man, arrested for shoplifting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

http://www.wyff4.com/news/Former-trooper-who-shot-unarmed-man-arrested-for-shoplifting/36203446

The former South Carolina State Trooper fired after shooting an unarmed man in a gas station parking lot last year is in trouble with the law again.
More News

Court records show 32-year-old Sean Groubert and his wife, Morgan Groubert, were arrested for shoplifting from a Walmart in Columbia on Oct. 18, 2015. Both have been released on bond.

The State newspaper reported that Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said an employee told investigators the Grouberts paid $29.84 for $136.04 worth of merchandise at a self-checkout register.

Further investigation reportedly revealed that the price tags on the items were charngedto alter the prices.

Sean Groubert was already out on bond for an assault and battery charge stemming from the shooting at the Circle K on Broad River Road in Columbia in August 2014.

The solicitor has filed to revoke Groubert’s bond because of the shoplifting charge.
Remember him?
https://youtu.be/LaaeXIg9kSk?t=36

Been following the case off and on, dude was due for a verdict in Oct but they keep pushing back, so you can guess how that will go.

The Victim got a 150k settlement.

You see? This is what happens when you ruin a man's life with all this social media outrage nonsense. If he still had his job he wouldn't have to go through this. He's just trying to make it..can we blame him?

It'd be nice if the guy he shot donated a couple thousand dollars to him. As was said by many people, he lunged into his car. What was the officer supposed to do? Have you seen that YouTube clip where an officer gets killed? He didn't know what to expect. They were both wrong.

Ovid

What the hell!!

I looked up this case two weeks ago and I thought it was an open and shut case.

How the heck is he not in jail yet?

JDSN

Banned
The Law is the Law, just because he got away with a minor misdemeanor such as shooting an unarmed negro doesnt mean he is gonna get away when he does something truly vile against our beloved corporations by stealing.

Chariot

The Law is the Law, just because he got away with a minor misdemeanor such as shooting an unarmed negro doesnt mean he is gonna get away when he does something truly vile against our beloved corporations by stealing.
*eaglecry*

"Please keep me out of jail," Groubert asked the judge, so he could continue to support his family by working as a truck driver. Groubert told the judge his wife is pregnant with their first child.
Brilliant..take her with you to commit a crime..

StuKen

And we're done.

Mael

Should have been 1rst post.

facelike

I'm curious, did they change the prices manually, which I thought is digital now. Scanning the UPC usually gives the real price, unless it was changed by an employee. Was there a third person who changed the prices for them or did they just kept saying the prices were on sale at the register.

I hope someone tosses the book at both of them.

I'm curious, did they change the prices manually, which I thought is digital now. Scanning the UPC usually gives the real price, unless it was changed by an employee. Was there a third person who changed the prices for them or did they just kept saying the prices were on sale at the register.

I hope someone tosses the book at both of them.
You know what? This didn't cross my mind. How the hell DID they change the prices? Maybe she works there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom