• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiryani

If someone could make this gaf-legal I'd be massively grateful!

WORLDOFWARCRAFTSHAMANCLASS.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
832xi.jpg

god susan coffey is so hot goddamn. good choice.

Hoping someone will do my Kanye request as I lack video > gif skills :(

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri said:
Can someone help me with this gif? I have no experience making animated gifs, but I created these two in GIMP with the help of a tutorial. I need help getting it under the file size as well as making it animate more smoothly.

If you can speed up this one a wee bit so Hisako doesn't look like she's moving in slow mo as well as cut the file size down that would be great. If you have to drop frames to make it work, that'd be okay.
nfweF.gif

As for a larger source. It's from this video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=511XG...F1B45C24E79A82
3:04-3:09 featuring Hisako (the guitarist) would be good. If you can't make that work then anywhere between 3:04-3:09 would work, just use your best judgement. And thank you in advance.
Sorry but can someone still assist me with this avatar? I'm using a static one in lieu of the animated one until that gets addressed. Thanks in advance to whomever takes it on.

enzo_gt said:
832xi.jpg

god susan coffey is so hot goddamn. good choice.

Hoping someone will do my Kanye request as I lack video > gif skills :(
Truth. Susan Coffey and glasses? Mercy, it's double the goodness.

I have a couple requests, just curious to see which one is best, thanks in advance to whoever does this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFPGQnnVbfI

at 4:59 - 5:00/5:01 , just focusing on the first two swinging their guitars

Also i want to see how 5:02-5:04 looks. future alt Rigby scratching his face

this vid, from 4:40-4:42 , the hipster guy losing and giving a chest bump haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FzXNU0bWck

feel free to watch the entire episode, "regular show" is amazing B^)

Sorry but can someone still assist me with this avatar? I'm using a static one in lieu of the animated one until that gets addressed. Thanks in advance to whomever takes it on.

Truth. Susan Coffey and glasses? Mercy, it's double the goodness.

pretty crappy, I might give a go at making something better later, but I'm kinda busy right now.
VYNS5.gif

daffy

Banned
e63oY.png

Can someone avatar this without the white background please? Thanks if possible.
Also how do you do it? In gimp?

Cyborg

Could someone please make me a avatar :( I dont know what Im doing wrong.

Im hosting at photobucket.com, its 90x90 and 6Kb... Please? Can someone make this into a avatar?

FTH said:
Thank you! How did you get rid of the background?
In Photoshop - used the magic wand tool with anti aliasing and 'contiguous' unchecked, selected the white, then deleted it.

Edit:

Cyborg said:
Could someone please make me a avatar :( I dont know what Im doing wrong.

Im hosting at photobucket.com, its 90x90 and 6Kb... Please? Can someone make this into a avatar?

http://i1135.photobucket.com/albums/m628/Azzwanker/avatar.jpg
Haven't your avatar privileges been removed? Here, anyway:

2rnzrev.jpg

2lmq4ck.jpg

Cyborg

Mechanical Snowman said:
In Photoshop - used the magic wand tool with anti aliasing and 'contiguous' unchecked, selected the white, then deleted it.

Edit:

Haven't your avatar privileges been removed? Here, anyway:

2rnzrev.jpg

2lmq4ck.jpg

Thank you m8....Im new here, do you know how I could get them back?

Shurs

What I'm looking for is this:

25AsE.gif

Cropped to 120x90, sort of like this:

i4e69x.jpg

But animated, so his head goes back and forth in a loop. And, obviously, at or under the 150kb size limit.

I know it's a lot to ask, but any help (and by help, I mean doing the whole thing) would be appreciated.

Shurs

MrBig said:

Thanks.

Could you do one that's not looped?

I know I asked for it looped, but I guess the shaking of the head (looking back and forth) doesn't translate well, as it currently is.

I'd like an avatar from Spartacus, if anyone's up to the task:

I've put my request in spoilers on the off chance that anyone walks into this thread and unwittingly sees spoilers.

I found this gif online: http://www.gifflix.com/files/86b3eb154e43.gif

If anyone can make an avatar out of the shield jump itself, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't need any other parts from the gif, so hopefully just the jump itself gets under the size limit for avatars.

I would try my hand at it myself, but I haven't the slightest idea how to use GIMP, and I doubt I have the patience to learn it. Any help is much appreciated.

Mistle

It would be great if somebody could turn this...

http://www.mediafire.com/?lfiqhwdqard7az8

...into a looping animated avatar. It's a tiny 5mb .avi file. I've already edited it to the correct time length and size (90x120), I'm just struggling to turn it into a gif under 150kb. I'd like it to move at the same speed as the video.

Thanks! :D

EDIT: Don't worry, figured out how to make it myself.

Clipper

Kill The Bat said:
I'd like an avatar from Spartacus, if anyone's up to the task:

I've put my request in spoilers on the off chance that anyone walks into this thread and unwittingly sees spoilers.

I found this gif online: http://www.gifflix.com/files/86b3eb154e43.gif

If anyone can make an avatar out of the shield jump itself, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't need any other parts from the gif, so hopefully just the jump itself gets under the size limit for avatars.

I would try my hand at it myself, but I haven't the slightest idea how to use GIMP, and I doubt I have the patience to learn it. Any help is much appreciated.

jump6.gif

Soma

Hey guys if it's not too much trouble I was wondering if I can get a good resize or a crop for avatar size standards of either of these:

ep2musketsskirt2.gif

tumblrlfc1i5jcss1qdc388.gif

If not, that's totally fine. Thanks in advance! :D

moonspeak said:
Hey guys if it's not too much trouble I was wondering if I can get a good resize or a crop for avatar size standards of either of these:

ep2musketsskirt2.gif

BOrZo.gif

F2pBa.gif

There you go. I might give the other one a try later if no one else has done it. I gotta go take care of an oil change and get some laundry done now.

Go_Ly_Dow

^That looks interesting. What is that from?

Currently airing anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, all the rage at the moment. Looks all cutesy on the surface but its pretty dark and mysterious. You should definitely give it a go (just don't read the main thread since its full of spoilers).

Could this be avatarzied or would the smaller width take a lot away from it?

1295620629105.gif

Clipper

moonspeak said:

ep2musketsskirt2.gif

musket3.gif
musket6.gif
musket7.gif

M_Night said:
Currently airing anime Puella Magi Madoka Magica, all the rage at the moment. Looks all cutesy on the surface but its pretty dark and mysterious. You should definitely give it a go (just don't read the main thread since its full of spoilers).

Could this be avatarzied or would the smaller width take away a lot from it?

1295620629105.gif
I thought as much. I actually started watching it last night, but fell asleep partway through the first ep haha. It has a Gainax sort of look to it that I really like.

Soma

M_Night said:
Yes definitely. It picks up pretty fast after the beginning and I think it's worth checking out. I believe the 10th episode just came out today.

Also, you guys are amazing! Wasn't expecting them so fast :lol

Thank you so much.

Do you all use Photoshop or GIMP or some other software?

I used GIMP. It's extremely easy to use, however, I'm still learning how to tweak quality settings in order to get files under size. Your Puella GIF was extremely simple in terms of frame count and overall colors so I got lucky when optimizing it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shidoshi said:
Photoshop CS5 is a monster at doing animated gifs. So stupidly easy compared to previous versions.
Is there a tutorial or something somewhere? Or even a tutorial for how to make gifs from videos using freeware or other programs? I feel like this should be mod edited into OP, it'd help cause then there would be less requests if people could do it on their own.

Might as well requote my request too:

enzo_gt said:
If someone could make a animated avatar of 3:01 to 3:04 of Kanye in this video that'd be awesome. Bonus points if it loops clean too!

shidoshi said:
Photoshop CS5 is a monster at doing animated gifs. So stupidly easy compared to previous versions.
This. Though CS4 also had pretty good .gif support.

enzo_gt said:
Is there a tutorial or something somewhere? Or even a tutorial for how to make gifs from videos using freeware or other programs? I feel like this should be mod edited into OP, it'd help cause then there would be less requests if people could do it on their own.
I think I might know of a tutorial using VirtualDub, but that's on another forum and I can't go looking now.

I'm only familiar with Photoshop (and I'd be happy to make a tut) but the method I use might not be the best as it requires manually capturing a frame range - and people are mostly lazy and want a program to do everything for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom