• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fox News ownage continues... GRETA, BILL, ALAN, SEAN = woopti doo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

from drudgereport.com

CABLE NEWS RACE
WED JULY 08, 2004

FOXNEWS O'REILLY 1.7 [RATING]
FOXNEWS HANNITY/COLMES 1.4
FOXNEWS GRETA 1.4

CNN LARRY KING LIVE 1.1
FOXNEWS SHEP SMITH 1.1
FOXNEWS BRIT HUME 0.6

CNN PAULA ZAHN 0.6
CNN AARON BROWN 0.6
MSNBC HARDBALL 0.5
MSNBC OLBERMANN 0.4
MSNBC NORVILLE 0.3
MSNBC SCARBOROUGH 0.3
CNBC DENNIS MILLER 0.3
CNBC MCENROE 0.3

** MCENROE debuted to 226,000 viewers; just 41,000 people in the 18-34 demo...

Alcibiades

I'm actually kinda surprised Greta is keeping up with Hannity and Colmes (which have radio shows as well), since it used to be O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes with good rating, with a Greta drop, but she's keeping viewers in better I guess...

efralope said:
I'm actually kinda surprised Greta is keeping up with Hannity and Colmes (which have radio shows as well), since it used to be O'Reilly and Hannity and Colmes with good rating, with a Greta drop, but she's keeping viewers in better I guess...

She has a helluva lead-in from H&C, and that's keeping her alive.

Do you people really care about this? About what news shows do good in the ratings? Jesus, how trivial.

I think I'm quiting the internet. What a bunch of useless information.

Alcibiades

Idle Will Kill said:
Do you people really care about this? About what news shows do good in the ratings? Jesus, how trivial.

do you really care about people caring about this? why click thread?

;)

FightyF

Banned

I find it extremely interesting.

I have a theory that more and more of the intelligent population is abandoning the TV format and are embracing the Internet when looking for news. This information supports my theory.

:D

----

Banned
mightynine said:
If Greta was ANYWHERE but Fox, that show would be sucking huge amounts of wind.
I agree, but I think women love the tabloid types of stories she covers. I'd rather see something like Brit Hume's Special Report on either before O'Reilly or after Hannity and Colmes. Whenever Greta comes on at 10PM I have to change the channel and what CNN has on, Aaron Brown (zZZZzzz), is completely unwatchable so I usually end up forcing myself to watch Scarborough on MSNBC which is also terrible. 10PM sucks, the great FNC lineup comes to a screeching halt thanks to Greta and her nonstop Peterson coverage. I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me why the Peterson case is important and why I should give a shit at all about the outcome of this trial. Too bad MSNBC doesn't put Hardball on at 10PM, then I might actually watch MSNBC on a daily basis at least for an hour.

It's great to see FNC constantly owning craptastic CNN. Hopefully when Larry "Ribbit" King finally croaks the network will plummet even further off the map. Funniest thing I saw today was a FNC commercial making fun of crazy Jack Cafferty and CNN that they completely missed the John Kerry running mate story. Fox doesn't even need to bash CNN, they just do it cause they can. :D I heard Fox put a gnormous FNC billboard right outside of CNN headquarters in Atlanta. :D

The best shows on Fox are ...

Special Report w/ Brit Hume
Fox and Friends
The O'Reilly Factor
Hannity and Colmes
Your World w/ Neil Cavuto

I end up watching On the Record w/ Greta Van Susteran a lot more than I'd like to either because I was watching H&C before or because I'm waiting for the O'Reilly repeat to start. She's sandwhiched in between O'Reilly and H&C that's pretty much the best time slot you can possibly get.

Fifty

Awesome!!!!!

Finally the station that broadcasts the truth is getting rewarded with some cold hard ratings!

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Cyan said:
When "guy" is used in the plural, it can mean both males and females. "Hey you guys," for example, doesn't have to only refer to a group of men.

Good thing you have me around to tell you what's what.

Speak it you handsome bastard.

I am also one of those people that basically keep the news on 24/7. But I'm usually turned on MSNBC.

Tekky

Fifty said:
Awesome!!!!!

Finally the station that broadcasts the truth is getting rewarded with some cold hard ratings!

And do you also believe everything you read on the Internet?

Major media outlets are out to entertain, not to inform. If you believe otherwise, please consider taking a well-deserved vacation during the start of November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom