• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Frasier (2023) | Teaser | Paramount+

Sybrix

Frasier has re-entered the building...... October 12, 2023 on Paramount+

F4MiddpXwAEv51P

F4Jc0rAaUAA0i3X

F4Jc0q9b0AAxxQx

F4Jc0q-bUAANSN-

Last edited:

Sybrix

How about letting the past be the past for once? I mean I love Frasier but fuck me all these nostalgia bait properties being rebooted or 'renewed' just reeks of creative bankruptcy.

I kinda agree with you, i loved Frasier & can remember the later seasons weren't great.

I'll still watch this, I really hope this is good.

Last edited:
Wait, what? Funny, I just started rewatching Frasier a few weeks ago and holy shit what a good show. I also forgot how serious it could get at times, or more like I probably never appreciated that part of it since I was a teenager when it was originally airing. Hell half the jokes now require me looking up a reference on Wikipedia, I'm amazed I even found the show funny back then.
If there is No Niles, Im not watching it.
Niles is one of the best characters ever. I'm only in the second season so far and some of his jokes/quirks can get a bit predictable/repetitive, but overall he is just so good.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Wow, haven't watched a straight multi-camera studio comedy in AGES, curious if that's what this is or if it is a single camera show like most everything these days. I feel like the bones of Fraiser are strong but I bet this heads off the rails like Sex in the City with cringy attempts to appeal to "fresh demographics".

What we need are meta crossover movies with these old IPs that really examine those shows. Like have Ricky Schroder as Ricky Stratton, Emmanual Lewis back as Webster, Missy Gold as Katie Gatling (Benson), alas no Gary Coleman RIP, and maybe someone from the Cosby show as adults who talk about their childhood idyllic experiences and how that shaped their lives as adults. Inject some goddamned positivity back into pop culture.

E-Cat

Wait, what? Funny, I just started rewatching Frasier a few weeks ago and holy shit what a good show. I also forgot how serious it could get at times, or more like I probably never appreciated that part of it since I was a teenager when it was originally airing. Hell half the jokes now require me looking up a reference on Wikipedia, I'm amazed I even found the show funny back then.
So true, even the penis jokes required a passing knowledge of classical psychology (”the only male in existence to suffer from penis envy”).

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
I've been rewatching Frasier for a couple of months now. I'm now in the middle of season six and the show was still firing on all cylinders. The show became less funny when Niles and Daphne started dating and Daphne's mom and brother were introduced. If the new Frasier show can reach that quality level, it will still be a great show.

NecrosaroIII

Ultimate DQ Fan
The show should be about Sam Malone and Fraiser moving in together as two burned out senior citizens who are giving up on life, with Fraiser deciding to become a sex pest obsessed with living Sam's life. And Sam trying to warn him he won't find happiness that way.

And then ends with them murdering Diane, because they realize she ruined their lives.

jason10mm

Gold Member
The show should be about Sam Malone and Fraiser moving in together as two burned out senior citizens who are giving up on life, with Fraiser deciding to become a sex pest obsessed with living Sam's life. And Sam trying to warn him he won't find happiness that way.

And then ends with them murdering Diane, because they realize she ruined their lives.
Soooo, an autobiography of Kelsey Grammer?

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I dunno, while I liked Fraiser overall, I think the second season is really the best one. Rest I may have smiled here and there on an episode.

His son could be the new Niles, as they did portray him like that in the show.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Rodney Trotter aka Nicholas Lyndhurst is in the new series.

Only Fools And Horses Today GIF
Only Fools And Horses Comedy GIF by britbox

So I take it from those stills he is going to play some role to a bunch of youngsters, with his out of touch and pompous nature causing hilarious but relatable frictions.his keen psychiatric mind will dish out the words of wisdom these younger punks needs. While keeping a British person (a long lost relative of Daphné ) as someone to burst his bubble?

Could actually be good.
niles crane GIF

Last edited:
Is this the first series written by AI?

With a plethora of previous series/episodes should be easy. And writers are on strike.

I won't watch it.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
This Hollywood reporter article has more information.

frasier_2.jpg

frasier_3.jpg

5_Frasier_102_CH_0210_648_RT.jpg

There seems to be a strong emphasis on the younger generation with new characters like Frasier's son, his Latin female roommate and Frasier's nephew. Plus Frasier and his British professor friend will deal with a black head of the university’s psychology department. I really hope the series will not end up being about confrontations between two stuffy old white men who are being made fun of by a more enlightened younger generation.

jufonuk

not tag worthy

frasier_2.jpg

frasier_3.jpg

There seems to be a strong emphasis on the younger generation with new characters like Frasier's son, his Latin female roommate and Frasier's nephew. Plus Frasier and his British professor friend will deal with a black head of the university’s psychology department. I really hope the series will not end up being about confrontations between two stuffy old white men who are being made fun of by a more enlightened younger generation.
Or there is this possibility

jason10mm

Gold Member

frasier_2.jpg

frasier_3.jpg

Good grief, just those stills you posted make this seem all but inevitable!

My cynicism about this stuff is at an all time high.

Ownage

That pint glass.

Cheers?

Bring back Mullet Crane!
Tossed salad in the front, scrambled eggs in the back.

Last edited:

kruis

No niles?

' Pierce told Vulture, “I don’t have a strong feeling that there’s anything more that I can think of that I need to say about the character. … I love those characters, but I don’t miss them.” That said, he left the door open to potentially appear on the show: “I would never disrespect that in such a way as to say just offhandedly, ‘Oh, no, thanks. I’m not going to do that again.’ It’s too valuable to me. But by the same token, because it’s so valuable to me, I also wouldn’t do it just to do it. And I believe it can be done without me, too — finding new stories to tell, in the same way that Frasier did after Cheers. They didn’t bring along the Cheers gang to make a new show.” '

There could be a guest appearance at some point but nothing more than that.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
🎶🎵🎵Hey baby (that’s apparently sexist) so I’m being cancelled instead.
Someone asked me how many genders there were and if I liked to be pegged?

A young lady offered to toss my salad I’ll said great I’ll cook the scrambled eggs

Oh no

I need to find the pepto bismol and sort out prostate instead.
🎵🎵

Miles has left the building.

Last edited:

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Niles is one of the best characters ever. I'm only in the second season so far and some of his jokes/quirks can get a bit predictable/repetitive, but overall he is just so good.

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

Seinfeld and Frasier...

It's like choosing between a hot woman or a hot woman.

And yeah I love the show to death but if I'd rewatched it know I'd also had to look up references.

Great moment: Frasier for the last minutes alone before his father moves in. Plays the piano and then the doorbell rings. Brillant.

And: It's eclectic!

Ownage

' Pierce told Vulture, “I don’t have a strong feeling that there’s anything more that I can think of that I need to say about the character. … I love those characters, but I don’t miss them.” That said, he left the door open to potentially appear on the show: “I would never disrespect that in such a way as to say just offhandedly, ‘Oh, no, thanks. I’m not going to do that again.’ It’s too valuable to me. But by the same token, because it’s so valuable to me, I also wouldn’t do it just to do it. And I believe it can be done without me, too — finding new stories to tell, in the same way that Frasier did after Cheers. They didn’t bring along the Cheers gang to make a new show.” '

There could be a guest appearance at some point but nothing more than that.
Lilith too.

RavageX

I don't feel they need to do this. This keeps happening with shows I grew up with. Quantum Leap without Sam, now this. Granted with the right folks and writers, shows can be good but it is so rare these days, it's as if writers took a crash course and don't know how to tell a story.

You know what would be actually progressive? Casing the female leads who were in their 30s in the original show, and making them the female leads of the new show. Same actresses as before, only now they're in their 60s. It would never happen, though. It must suck for older actresses to keep hearing about the importance of diversity when they pretty much never get considered for lead roles.

Goodness forbid we get actual cast reunions with these things. It's always one or two people from the main cast, almost always guys, and a "diverse" group of younger people that no one who watched the original series cares about in the least.

Last edited:

RavageX

You know what would be actually progressive? Casing the something female leads who were in their 30s in the original show, and making them the female leads of the new show. Same actresses as before, only now they're in their 60s. It would never happen, though. It must suck for older actresses to keep hearing about the importance of diversity when they pretty much never get considered for lead roles.

Goodness forbid we get actual cast reunions with these things. It's always one or two people from the main cast, almost always guys, and a "diverse" group of younger people that no one who watched the original series cares about in the least.
Didn't they do that with Sex in the City or whatever that show is? (I've never seen it)

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Definitely keen to see this, I love the original show and hope that this has been a long time coming because it's taken this long to get a good set of ideas and a good team on it.

If it's crap, I'll be no worse off, the original series is still there.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Was it a rumor or fact that Kelsey was sniffing his way through the seasons?

Last edited:

Dr. Suchong

Gold Member
The cynic/realist in me thinks this will be too sterile, too woke, and too "for modern audiences" to yield the same hilarity of the originals.
I can smell the tropes of "Out of touch old guy, bumbling in a changed world" too. That'd be so tiresome, the dreadful misconception that somehow society has moved on for the better, when in fact pretty much everybody is hating on someone for something or other, over something ridiculous.
I really want to be proven wrong though.

lifa-cobex

Was it a rumor or fact that Kelsey was sniffing his way through the seasons?
Apparently so.
The guy had a pretty fucked life....

Tragedy struck again in 1968 when Kelsey Grammer's father, Frank, was killed. The future actor was just 13 at the time. According to Business Insider, a stranger named Arthur B. Niles set Frank's car on fire and then shot him as he ran outside. Niles was believed to be mentally ill and was kept in a psychiatric ward for many years. In 1994, he was set free but ended up in jail in 2003 when he threatened to murder a judge.

As reported by USA Today, Grammer didn't know about his father's murderer being released until he read about it in a tabloid, and he later became vocal about the rights of individuals who've been subjected to heinous crimes. According to a contemporary piece on Frank's murder published by United Press International, Grammer's dad was a rather vocal magazine publisher and was controversial on the islands for his outspoken nature. His murder led to a rise in racial tensions between the islands' white and Black residents at the time. As for Grammer, losing his grandfather and dad in such a short period of time was a lot to take in.

Read More: https://www.grunge.com/268858/inside-the-tragic-life-of-kelsey-grammer/

:messenger_neutral:

Last edited:
Top Bottom