• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Freeance Peeance"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki

Count of Concision
At the risk of sounding like a total dimwit, can somebody please explain what "freeance peeance" means when used in conjunction with George Bush? Was it one of those memorable Dubya quotables or what? If so, I must've missed that speech/interview. It just sounds hysterical, so I was curious-- yes, I realize that I'm about, well, very late to the party, so spare me the quips. ;) :p

ShadowRed

Banned
Loki said:
At the risk of sounding like a total dimwit, can somebody please explain what "freeance peeance" means when used in conjunction with George Bush? Was it one of those memorable Dubya quotables or what? If so, I must've missed that speech/interview. It just sounds hysterical, so I was curious-- yes, I realize that I'm about, well, very late to the party, so spare me the quips. ;) :p

You are correct. Bush gave a speech in which he used those words rather than the more known "free and peace."

Loki

Count of Concision
ShadowRed said:
You are correct. Bush gave a speech in which he used those words rather than the more known "free and peace."

Yeah, but how could he possibly have worked those two words as-is into a coherent sentence (not that he's ever worried much about that particular circumscription on language before ;))?

"Free and peace"? What kind of sentence would that be? "I want the Iraqis to be free and peace"? Perhaps "at peace" or something, but then it wouldn't have rolled off the tongue the way "freeance peeance" does, no? I assume that the phrase caught on because it was quick and catchy-- if there was another word in between "free" and "peace", I don't think it would be quite as catchy. So what exactly was said? Anyone?

Loki said:
Yeah, but how could he possibly have worked those two words as-is into a coherent sentence (not that he's ever worried much about that particular circumscription on language before ;))?
?

Because his mind has powers far beyond those of a normal idiot.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think he was trying to say "a free and peaceful iraq." initially i heard the soundbyte totally out of context, and i thought it was some mangled dig at france -- "freeance peeance" rather than the more conventional "france schmance." shame it wasn't. :(

Obviously he meant "Free ants, pea ants" specifying the ants that are stealing his...um..peas? It's incredible how bad someone can be at talking, let alone the president.

Pattergen

"The point I say to you is that, you know, if what you are suggesting is, is that, uhh, what I'm suggesting to you is that you can't name the foreign minister of Mexico, therefore, uhh you know, you're not capable of what you do, but the truth of the matter is, you are, whether you can your not."

What??

Loki

Count of Concision
Mercury Fred said:
Here you go: http://www.kaicurryservices.com/peacecandy/gwbush/dishonestdubya/

Let the intro run then you'll be able to select quotes to play back including the famous peeance freeance. :)

LOL!

I just listened to it-- LMAO! Are you f'ing KIDDING me!?
lol_2.gif
That CAN'T be the actual recording of what was said, could it? Holy cow...insane. I'm literally dying over here. :p

That whole link is hysterical, btw. The way his lips move as he's talking had me rolling lol.

Oh man...this is too much. :D I can't even fathom what he was thinking he was trying to say there. "Freeance peeance" indeed. Now I know why it was used and abused on the forum. :p

Loki

Count of Concision
"The Iraqi regime is a threat to any American, and to threats who are friends of America."

LOL this stuff is gold. :p

FightyF

Banned
i can't believe he's the fucking president.

After reading the quote Pattergen posted, this was the perfect comment to follow it up with, LOL.

Y'know some people just can't speak, it doesn't mean that they aren't intelligent. But I think at the very least, Bush supporters should admit that it doesn't make for a good diplomat. I mean, remember when he called the Pakistanis, "Pakis"?

Socreges

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
After reading the quote Pattergen posted, this was the perfect comment to follow it up with, LOL.

Y'know some people just can't speak, it doesn't mean that they aren't intelligent. But I think at the very least, Bush supporters should admit that it doesn't make for a good diplomat. I mean, remember when he called the Pakistanis, "Pakis"?
You are shitting me.

Fight for Freeform said:

:lol so true. I like how Bill Maher put it on the Tonight Show last night: "George W. Bush has no idea how to deal with 'feriners'."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom