• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday's Box Office Numbers (I Robot flops)

Status
Not open for further replies.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
I, Robot - $17,600,000
Spider-Man 2 - $7,040,000 ( $284,552,000 )
A Cinderella Story - $5,620,000
Anchorman - $4,451,000 ( $47,558,000 )
King Arthur - $2,117,000 ( $33,066,000 )
Fahrenheit 9/11 - $2,046,000 ( $88,855,000 )
The Notebook - $1,720,000 ( $49,949,000 )
Dodgeball - $1,072,000 ( $102,424,000 )
White Chicks - $996,000 ( $61,030,000 )
The Terminal - $927,000 ( $68,976,000 )
Shrek 2 $890,000 - ( $422,671,000 )
Harry Potter 3 $709,000 - ( $236,296,000 )
Sleepover $380,000 - ( $7,280,000 )

I, Robot had a slightly better opening day than Bad Boys 2, and could make around $50 million this weekend. The budget on I, Robot was $120,000,000 so it should be able to make that back (+20) during its domestic run.

A Cinderella Story was obviously helped by a great promotion on its official website, and it could make around $14,000,000 this weekend (or as much as the Olsen's movie did in its entire run).

Most movies fell over 50% from last Friday. Anchorman had a suprisingly bad drop of 57%, but maybe it will pick up on Saturday. The Honors for "big ass drop of the week" go to Sleepover which fell almost 80% from last Friday, and dropped 35% from yesterday (movies always go up on Friday's). Hopefully this will teach them to include phone messages on their website next time.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Ya, I know it's not a flop. I even said it was doing well in my recap. I just thought it would be fun if someone got really upset when they thought it flopped, and then they opened the thread and saw it had instead done really well. I changed it though.

Phoenix

Ninja Scooter said:
it would have done even better if those rumors of it having the Batman Begins trailer attached would have turned out to be true.

While I do know poeple who go to a movie (or watch a TV show) to see a trailer and then leave (like Wing Commander), that has got to be the dumbest thing EVER! Is knowing about a movie 30 minutes before a trailer makes it way to the internet worth spending money?

Memles

Milhouse31 said:
Is Fahrenheit 9/11 the most profitable movie this year ?

Jesus is offended you forgot about "Passion of the Christ". Farenheit will have to make another 200 million to even tough Jesus on this one.

Jesus 1, Michael Moore 0,

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Is Fahrenheit 9/11 the most profitable movie this year ?

Jesus is offended you forgot about "Passion of the Christ". Farenheit will have to make another 200 million to even tough Jesus on this one.

Jesus 1, Michael Moore 0,<<<

I have a hard time believing that Fahrenheit 9/11 had a production budget over $7.5 million. (which it would have had to to be less profitable than The Passion at this point.)
The Passion of the Christ cost $30 million. Some said $25 million before, but they were wrong.

Memles

TAJ said:
I have a hard time believing that Fahrenheit 9/11 had a production budget over $7.5 million. (which it would have had to to be less profitable than The Passion at this point.)
The Passion of the Christ cost $30 million. Some said $25 million before, but they were wrong.

Credit: Box Office Mojo

Passion Gross - $370 Million
Budget - $30 Million
Advertising - $25 Million

Profit - $315 Million

Fahrenheit 9/11 Gross - $88 Million
Budget - $6 Million
Advertising - $10 Million

Profit - $72 Million

I'll assume you're talking in terms of percentage profit based on cost, that Fahrenheit's profit is, in fact, a higher percentage compared to its budget, but profit alone, Passion of the Christ is still the most profitable film of the year, dollars wise.

Memles

jett said:
Don't forget worldwide box office numbers. ; )

If we go Worldwide, it's just not a fair fight.

Seriously, I'm expecting a "Jesus Bitchslaps Moore" talking point from the Bush campaign any moment now.

Solid

Memles said:
Credit: Box Office Mojo

Passion Gross - $370 Million
Budget - $30 Million
Advertising - $25 Million

Profit - $315 Million
G-R-E-A-T!!!

I love that movie! I can barely wait until I have it on DVD. Me watch it many times :)

SKluck

Banned
The Passion DVD is incredibly barebones isn't it? I'm kind of happy, because then I'm not compelled to get it. The Passion was one of those movies, while being great and moving, I just never want to see again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom