• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck paper cuts. I have FOLDER cuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
I didn't need a summer job, nor did I want one, but my parents practically made me get it.

I'm working as an intern for a construction company. I work a 45-hour week (8AM - 5PM...EVERY FUCKING WEEK DAY!!). The one thing that keeps me going is the pay: $9 an hour.

I've sifted through trillions upon trillions upon trillions of papers and filed them in several file cabinets, collated papers, spent an entire day labeling folders, etc.

My fingers are fucked up. :(

And this is not a complaint...it's just a post I made from staring at my fingers a few minutes ago. :)

MIMIC

Banned
Nos_G said:
Paper cuts are nothing compared to PC Chassis cuts... OMG...

Teh hurting... :(

*shudders*

What would my $17 an hour be classified as then?

I'm only 18 and only doing this for 2 months. I don't exactly plan on building a career out of filing papers.

goodcow

naz said:
you sir need to stop asking people to Click your Google Ads

click mines

greedy New Yorker

I work 20 hours a week, still have to go to school, and my family has ditched me to move to Hawaii, and I have to pay for everything, including rent, on my own, with New York's expensive prices.

SO YOU HUSH UP.

I have to spend $10 or so a day just on food damn it.

goodcow said:
I work 20 hours a week, still have to go to school, and my family has ditched me to move to Hawaii, and I have to pay for everything, including rent, on my own, with New York's expensive prices.

SO YOU HUSH UP.

I have to spend $10 or so a day just on food damn it.

Hawaii sounds good about now

Flynn

I used to work in item handling at a bank, which translates to grabbing handfuls of checks and feeding them into MICR sorters.

The serrated edge of the checks would cut open all of my cuticles, creating painful, bleeding hangnails.

That was at the beginning of the day.

The rest of the day was spent jamming more slivers of paper into the gaping wounds on each of my ten fingers.

That's when I decided to get my masters degree.

goodcow

evil solrac v3.0 said:
what do you do goodcow and are they hiring?!?!?!
edit: i guess we wont see metal cow solid 3: beef eater?

a) I'm the college's digital videographer. I'm currently producing a four-DVD set for Commencement, one for Commencement itself, one for the Convocation awards, one for the Nursing department's candlelighting ceremony, and one disc of bonus footage. Commencement was shot with three cameras. OH YEAH!!! I even have time lapse footage of them setting everything up, numerous instances of picture in picture during the Commencement, and a host of bonus footage.

I'm also trying to squeeze in time to work on a "Making of Commencement' featurette, in the vein of 24:
http://www.goodcowfilms.com/web/24_commencement_promo.wmv

b) Metal Cow Solid 3: Steak Eater, will hopefully be made. First I have to wait for the game to come out...

man oh man. I get paid 7.11 an hour to serve rich assholes their coffee, and burn my hands off in the process. you all are lucky ducks.

MIMIC

Banned
astro_girl said:
man oh man. I get paid 7.11 an hour to serve rich assholes their coffee, and burn my hands off in the process. you all are lucky ducks.

Rich???

How much are your tips? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom