• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full Motion Video Masters.

Malakhov

Banned
1719.jpg

Yep. I long thought Square were the full motion video kings but it's no longer the case.

I present to you the evidence:

http://vnfiles.ign.com/wowvault/videos/WOWIntro.avi

Just wow, just wow.

Malakhov

Banned
Claus said:
You're just now noticing this? :p
Oh I had definetly noticed but the WoW intro freaking 100% confirms it. I think Blizzard's FMV is even good enough for a full time feature film.

Claus

Banned
Malakhov said:
Oh I had definetly noticed but the WoW intro freaking 100% confirms it. I think Blizzard's FMV is even good enough for a full time feature film.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing them take a shot at doing a movie. When I saw the FMVs from WC3, I was just completely blown away at how detailed and smooth the animation was. Wouldn't be surprised if Vivendi Universal approached them already about the idea.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
It rocks but... where are the trolls!? Bah. (gnomes are missing too but that doesn't really bother me ;) )

I would kill for a full-length CG Blizzard movie.

Btw, in addition to their brilliant art and animation, their musical scores are always so beautiful.

THIS VIDEO SPREADS LIES AND DECIET::::

TAUREN USING TOTEM//DRUID MELEE IN CASTER FORM//MAGE USE FROST NOVA AND NOT FUCKING RUN//ONE ON ONE ENCOUNTERS VS GANKITY GANK GANK//NON SCALING PETS//UNDEAD WITH A STOMACH//HUNTERS PULLING//WTFFLES!@!

Oh its pretty cool. Loses points only due to having to stay within shitty wow art direction.

FightyF

Banned
I remember seeing a Blizzard FMV vs. Square FMV debate long ago on these forums. I think Square won (Square fans out-trolled the Blizzard fans).

Malakhov

Banned
Fight for Freeform said:
I remember seeing a Blizzard FMV vs. Square FMV debate long ago on these forums. I think Square won (Square fans out-trolled the Blizzard fans).
I remember someone had counted the votes and Blizzard had won by 10 votes or so.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I don't think Blizzard are better than the other top tiers in CG movie production from a technical point of view. It pretty much comes down to artistic preferences.

Fight for Freeform said:

Yes, and I had just seen this video on the 80-foot video screen at E3 and was like NO YOU ARE WRONG IT'S BLIZZARD!

Ah, sweet delayed vindication.

Malakhov

Banned
Kiriku said:
I don't think Blizzard are better than the other top tiers in CG movie production from a technical point of view. It pretty much comes down to artistic preferences.
If it was down to artistic preferences, I'd go with Square. I dont want to say Blizzard doesn't have great art, quite on the contrary, have you seen their art books? o_O

But I'll have to disagree with you on the technical point of view, I think Blizzard are much more ahead than Square and co in that department.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Malakhov said:
But I'll have to disagree with you on the technical point of view, I think Blizzard are much more ahead than Square and co in that department.
Depends if you compare Blizzard with the Square from the final fantasy games, or the Square from the FF movie. I'd say some scenes from the movie are at least as impressive as this Blizzard FMV, and they are quite a bit older.

Dragmire

Some of you will be happy to hear that Blizzard is creating a joint CGI project with Square through a new joint company, called Squizzard. Picture the cheesy character designs of Blizzard, and the puppet-like animation of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within, all in a Saturday morning cartoon!

explodet

Thing is with Blizzard, I'm too busy enjoying their games to watch their FMV. You can only watch it so many times before skipping it and playing the game.
Same with Square, now that I think about it.

Hate to be a hater, but I didn't find it all the special. Don't get me wrong, at a technical level, it's quite good. But better everyone else? I seriously think not.

Snowball

Banned
I've heard Warhammer 40K:DOW has one of the best intro out there, maybe even better than the Blizzard's World of Warcraft.

I'd like to see it, evenif i don't own the game.
Is it possible to find a like just for the intro video?

Thanks!
Snowball

jett

D-Member
Blizzard's FMVs fucking kick ass. I've loved theirs since Starcraft, which had espectacular CG for its time. Blizzard's direction(and not just artistic/technical quality) is always top-notch. It's one of the reasons I don't like Onimusha 3's intro, the way it's directed makes it very uninteresting to me.

Haven't see WoW's intro yet, thought. What's the resolution of this video? :p My PC can only take so much...

Claus

Banned
jett said:
Blizzard's FMVs fucking kick ass. I've loved theirs since Starcraft, which had espectacular CG for its time. Blizzard's direction(and not just artistic/technical quality) is always top-notch. It's one of the reasons I don't like Onimusha 3's intro, the way it's directed makes it very uninteresting to me.

Haven't see WoW's intro yet, thought. What's the resolution of this video? :p My PC can only take so much...

1024x464

Kon Tiki

Banned
Noone answered this in the other thread. I am not a big PC rpg guy, has Blizzard ever made or plans to make a cyberpunk rpg? I do not like goblins and thundercats.

Top Bottom