• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fungames: Anyone seen this??

I was at my mall today and I walked by a booth in the middle of the hall that had a display called "Fungames". It was a package that had 100 classic games all in one for $44.99. It also came with a lightgun, a controller that ripped off the N64 design, and another controller that mimicked the later sega genesis model controllers. Like I said, there were 100 games listed and some of them included: Contra, Mario Bros, Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Hogans Alley, and Galaga. There were also some misleading games in there. One called "Tekken KS" or something like that. It was pretty far from Tekken. It was more like the original Kung Fu, only much worse. There was a "Pac Man" listed too, but it was nothing like Pac Man at all. And when I played Contra, the first stage was actually the 2nd stage in the original game. I played Mario and Super Mario and those seemed right on, but the Contra thing and the misleading names for the others kinda set off some red flags. Has anyone else seen this and what did you think of it? Opinions? Me buy? No? Yes? DISCUSS!!!!

belgurdo

Banned
It's one of those Chinese pirate "100 roms slapped onto one cart" deals that they've been selling since the beginning of time. I think they just put them in their own self contained "systems" to take legal heat off of themselves (sort of) and are usually sold as cheap alternatives to current systems to the gullible

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
they have that here too, its funny because they advertise "the original tekken" and shit and its just karateka. its so totally pirated, not only is it pirated the roms are hacked to make it look like they have 78,000 games when its just one level shit.

CoryCubed

I'm a bastard and I called Nintendo on this they had the original mario (With title and everything plus Duckhunt) and they took down all the info and its been about two months and the places are still up. (this is here in oklahoma city at Quail and Penn Square mall)

Tellaerin

CoryCubed said:
I'm a bastard and I called Nintendo on this they had the original mario (With title and everything plus Duckhunt) and they took down all the info and its been about two months and the places are still up. (this is here in oklahoma city at Quail and Penn Square mall)

These things do take awhile to pursue through legal channels, you know. It's not like Nintendo's going to dispatch their elite N-Force anti-piracy troopers to your local mall in a SWAT van, where they'll beat the crap out of the vendor with nightsticks and impound the contents of his kiosk. :p

Tellaerin said:
These things do take awhile to pursue through legal channels, you know. It's not like Nintendo's going to dispatch their elite N-Force anti-piracy troopers to your local mall in a SWAT van, where they'll beat the crap out of the vendor with nightsticks and impound the contents of his kiosk. :p
Well then what good are they?

Rhindle

I saw this over the weekend as well. It looked pretty dubious. The colors in the Mario game were all weird and the aspect ratio seemed off.

And the controller is this huge monster. The 6-year old I saw trying it out was having trouble getting his hands around it.

It looked pretty dubious. The colors in the Mario game were all weird and the aspect ratio seemed off.

Super Mario looked just fine to me.

And the controller is this huge monster. The 6-year old I saw trying it out was having trouble getting his hands around it.

The controller was almost exactly like the N64 controller. Did you miss that generation?

impirius

You guys in Spartanburg, SC by any chance? I saw one of those booths in Westgate Mall a couple of months back and wonder if it's still there.

Top Bottom