• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funniest Show on Adult Swim????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceros

I say Sealab. I don't know why but everytime I watch Sealab I am in tears. I mean ATHF is funny but in a more "w t f is going on" kinda funny. I mean the whole sealab cast is funny. You've got Quinn, whose funny as fuck when he's annoyed or drunk(the hesh marries debbie episode). Then there's Stormy, or is so much of a blantant dumbass it's hilarious. Debbie....I mean she's a slut, whats NOT funny about that?? Marco's is just funny because he's being played by Eric Estrada. Then you've got Coach, Murphy, Black Debbie, Sparks, Hesh, and Dr Veerjay. What other AS show is fucking with Sealab????

Dram

Venture Brothers is, if only for Brock and the Monarch. Their two stories in the last episode, prove that.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Tough call. If you mean funniest original Williams Street show, I'll go with ATHF, followed VERY closely by Sealab (but only episodes with Captain Murphy). If you're talking any show that happens to be on AS, Family Guy wins for me quite easily, with Home Movies being the runner-up.

Phoenix

ATHF and Venture Brothers are the two that are more consistently funny.

Sealab and Harvey Birdman are also on my list to watch - but only 'when available'.

shoplifter

space2.JPG

Sai

"I AM THE ALPHA MALE! I AM THE ALPHA MALE!"

Harvey Birdman, Sealab 2021, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Venture Brothers...

For the other non-Williams Street shows: Family Guy, and Home Movies... Uhm, that's about it. Heh.

If I had to rank 'em all:

Harvey Birdman, Family Guy, Sealab 2021, Squa Teen Hunger Force, Home Movies, Venture Brothers.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Venture Brothers is a complete bag of ass. I can't stand it.
All the others are golden though.
I love Space Ghost the most followed by The Brak Show. Then the others float around in a mix, except for Venture Brothers, which again, sucks dead donkey ass.
Sadly, they don't show those two.
*sob*

ohamsie

Space Ghost is fine, but The Brak Show sucks balls, I don't know how anyone could like it. Brak was my favorite character on Space Ghost too.

ohamsie said:
Space Ghost is fine, but The Brak Show sucks balls, I don't know how anyone could like it. Brak was my favorite character on Space Ghost too.

Same here. I really want to like that show, but it's literally the same joke over and over again.

Anyway, my vote is for Sealab. White Debbie fucking cracks me up.

Celicar

Banned
i don't watch any of that crap, but i did catch an episode of venture brothers late one night when i couldn't sleep. it was pretty damn funny, so it gets my vote.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Aqua Teen Hunger Force and Sealab are my favorites. I also like Harvey Birdman, but I won't go out of my way to watch it.

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
Oh, I didn't realize that we were counting Futurama and Family Guy. My new list is Futurama > Family Guy > what was in my last post.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Pimpwerx said:
Family Guy = ATHF > Futurama >> Venture Bros >>>>>>>>>>> RevenantKioku and human's stupid-ass opinions. :p PEACE.

You made the knees cry.
I can feel their tears trickle down my leg.

Celicar

Banned
Ok. I just got my Sealab dvd from netflix and it's pretty damn funny. I've watched the entire first dvd, but I now need to see more episodes of the Venture Brothers so I can make an accurate judgment on which is better.

I like how in almost every episode the sealab blows up. TEH FUNNY!!!!11

Venture Brothers has rocked thus far. I love the obvious Johnny Quest vibe.

Otherwise, my favorite show on Adult Swim is Mission Hill. Reading the posts here makes me feel like I'm definitely in the minority.

Ceros

If I had to make it a list it would go:

Family Guy > Sealab > ATHF > Venture Bros > Birdman >>>>>>>>the rest of the shows.

Man I remember when Home Movies used to be the shit. Whatever happened?? Why did they stop making new episodes? They should take off Baby Blues, Mission Hill, and the Oblongs entirely because they can't stand up to the hilarity of the rest of the block. If any of you saw the Sealab episodes with "dodgeball time" Stormy, or the one with "Uh oh" song then you'd know that Sealab is the funniest.

ATHF -> Family Guy -> Futurama -> Sealab

Sealab used to be at the top but the show sucks now... the writing is godawful and it's turned into an unfunny ATHF wannabe- how every joke is some random unexplained event instead of being the occasional randomness in the midst of well-written jokes.

lexy

Home Movies. Every other show on Adult Swim has been funny to me at some point during their runs with exception to The Brak Show, Baby Blues and Mission Hill.

Triumph

Banned
SeaLab is a great golden God of funny. Anyone who disagrees will be baked in an oven of fury for all time, so says Marduk!

Badabing

Time ta STEP IT UP
ya know, I never watched Sea lab. Didn't seem to click with me, but i'll sit down and see what it's all about.

I like ATHF. I don't wanna pay money for the dvds though, it's soo much money for such little package.

MaddenNFL64

I saw that episode where Captain Murdock becomes communist dictator of Sealab. Craziest, and funniest shit ever.

Harvey Birdman though is the most consistent for me. Last weeks ep was just... wierd.

"I am the Alpha male!"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Badabing said:
ya know, I never watched Sea lab. Didn't seem to click with me, but i'll sit down and see what it's all about.

I like ATHF. I don't wanna pay money for the dvds though, it's soo much money for such little package.

You can get it for little more than the price of a DVD movie. 3 hours of aqua teen beats 2 hours of just about every movie released in the past two years. You can't lose, loser!

B'z-chan

Banned
Sealab = ATHF > Futurama = Venture Bros

I can just keep watching Sealab and ATHF night after night its just funny stuff.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
MetatronM said:
Sealab is second, but only episodes with Murphy. No Murphy, no Funny.
Exactly.

pimpwerx said:
Family Guy = ATHF > Futurama >> Venture Bros >>>>>>>>>>> RevenantKioku and human's stupid-ass opinions. :p PEACE.

ferrio said:
So far venture brothers has been pretty crappy in my opinion.
Our numbers are growing...

Ceros said:
Man I remember when Home Movies used to be the shit. Whatever happened?? Why did they stop making new episodes?
Poor ratings. They debuted a last batch of new episodes several months ago, and they failed to make a significant impact, so the show was done. It's a shame, because IMO, Home Movies -- especially those from later seasons -- beats most episodes of original Williams Street shows.

Also, nobody likes Baby Blues, but somehow it gets good ratings and so it is kept on.

Pimpwerx

Hehe, I forgot Sealab. I used to hate the show, but I must have been watching the non-Murphy eps, b/c everything I've seen with him lately has been hilarious. And Debbie's such a slut. :lol: PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom