• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fury vs Wilder 3 Date Set

Yoboman

Furys game plan has been a master class so far

Maul and take all his energy and now he is starting to box

MastAndo

Never would I have imagined this fight would go into the championship rounds. Wilder has looked like he's out on his legs most of this fight. Huge balls still punching with power while barely being able to stand. What a fight.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Excellent fight. Best fight I've seen in a long time. Not that I watch boxing to begin with except some high profile heavyweight matches. But for what I've watched, it's a fantastic fight.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Gypsy King crowned. No need for match #4.

The way Fury plows his way in close neutralizes Wilder's hard sweeping punches. He needs room to launch those missiles. He doesn't seem to resort to uppercuts or close in body shots or anything else when Fury does his bearhug thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Hosam6xavi

Banned
No one can come close to Tyson fury level.

Wilder said fuck this it's time to sleep

GhKL2yT.jpg

MaestroMike

Gold Member
should've put money on this. wilder would post himself lifting weights when he should've just focused on his cardio looked super gassed in the later rounds congrats to fury

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
should've put money on this. wilder would post himself lifting weights when he should've just focused on his cardio looked super gassed in the later rounds congrats to fury
The guy might be too ripped for his own good.

His punching power is already sky high, he could probably drop some muscle and pounds and it would make no difference to his punching power. Shift it to cardio.

Tyson Fury is a gangly looking fuck who moves around in an awkward way. He's moving around fine even doing that fun skipping motion at the end of the fight when he should be totally gassed. It's like he can go skip rope.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
Not Fury’s best performance but he still is the vastly superior boxer. Wilder has an ego that prevents him from improving beyond being a big right hand. I like both of them, would have liked to see Wilder acknowledge the champ and give him the respect as the better man that night, I’m sure a bunch of excuses are incoming.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Not Fury’s best performance but he still is the vastly superior boxer. Wilder has an ego that prevents him from improving beyond being a big right hand. I like both of them, would have liked to see Wilder acknowledge the champ and give him the respect as the better man that night, I’m sure a bunch of excuses are incoming.
Wilder looked good in the first round doing all those stomach jabs.

Then again, I have no idea how effective that tactic could be long term, but he seemed to ditch it soon after. I dont know, maybe those kinds of punches would have zero effect on Fury anyway. But he seemed good in the early rounds jabbing.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
The guy might be too ripped for his own good.

His punching power is already sky high, he could probably drop some muscle and pounds and it would make no difference to his punching power. Shift it to cardio.

when you train with weights or do high intensity workouts you're mainly just training your fast twitch muscles which use carbs for energy and burn really quick. cardio and endurance exercises help train and cultivate the slow twitch muscles and those muscles use a lot of fat and oxygen to burn energy and has probably been very useful for fury since you can store way more fat on your body than you can carbs which can be stored in your fast twitch muscles in the form of glycogen which burn quick while fat burns more slowly. if this was a three round fight wilder would've probably been fine training the way he did, but the longer the fight goes on cardio/slow-twitch muscles and fat as a source of fuel plays a more important role. for long fights i feel like some blubber on a fighter especially the big guys is a good sign haha.

Yoboman

Wilder looked good in the first round doing all those stomach jabs.

Then again, I have no idea how effective that tactic could be long term, but he seemed to ditch it soon after. I dont know, maybe those kinds of punches would have zero effect on Fury anyway. But he seemed good in the early rounds jabbing.
Going to the body is a legitimate tactic. Problem with it is that Fury seems like a guy with two sets of lungs and as hard as those body jabs looked, they were extremely telegraphed. Same punch and direction each time. Fury would take 50% out of it by tensing for each body blow

Wilder looked more winded by the tactic than Fury did

mekes

Man, just incase anybody still doubts how hard Wilder hits. In his first knockdown on Fury, the punch before the knockdown was square in the middle of face and literally sent a huge ripple from his face down his entire body. It looks insane in slow motion.

Congrats to Fury. I've never rooted so much for a fighter in a boxing match before. Wilder really didn't help himself with the crazy accusations, I really think he's done himself a lot of harm with that and the lack of respect at the end of this fight.

sircaw

Banned
fantastic fight, fury really is on another level.

Pretty disgusted with Wilder refusing the sportsmanship handshake acknowledgment bit etc at the end, but what do you expect when he made up so many accusations up and excuses the last fight.

I hope he retires after this beating, truth be told the way he acted out, firing Mark breland was just damn disgusting, i mean the guy was looking out for him.

I am sure we will hear a lot more bullshit from wilder the next few days about how the fight was stolen from him.

Fuck him, was chufted to bits when he hit the canvas, lights out.

Well done fury, watching boxers like him is really an art form.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Amazing fight. But a lot of love in the fight as they were hugging each other a lot.

Wilder was calling the shots for the first four rounds then Fury had enough.
also while wilder started to lose steam fury kept going and going.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
That fight is going to be insane. They are both such talented boxers, it's really hard to call.

I'm really glad Fury is past Wilder now, but I can't deny they definitely produced some memorable bouts in their trilogy.

I don't know much about boxing but wouldn't Usyk be a severe underdog?

Deonte Wilder...... . ...6'7" @235lbs
Tyson Fury.................6'9" @275lbs
Oleksandr Usyk.........6'3" @220lbs

He's certainly a better natural boxer than Wilder but that reach and weight disadvantage seems massive.

sircaw

Banned
I don't know much about boxing but wouldn't Usyk be a severe underdog?

Deonte Wilder...... . ...6'7" @235lbs
Tyson Fury.................6'9" @275lbs
Oleksandr Usyk.........6'3" @220lbs

He's certainly a better natural boxer than Wilder but that reach and weight disadvantage seems massive.
yep totally agree, usyk is a very talented and skillful boxer, i think he would easily do wilder just like he did aj, but coming against fury who is basically a white Mohammad Ali , (yes he is that damn good,) he is going to come up short literally.

I’m amazed Fury wasn’t fatigued and shattered at the end of the match. One would think all that flubber would be a detriment and wear him down, but it actually allowed him to absorb those heavy hits due to the extra cushioning 😂.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I’m amazed Fury wasn’t fatigued and shattered at the end of the match. One would think all that flubber would be a detriment and wear him down, but it actually allowed him to absorb those heavy hits due to the extra cushioning 😂.
Maybe he is like homer and has a natural brain helmet because holy shit to get up from those knockdowns.

Top Bottom