• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futurama

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many seasons were there?

How many of those seasons are out on DVD?

How long have they stopped making the show?

Is it really coming back? If so, when and where?

I remember when the show first came out, I would watch it every week and I thought it was good but not great. I've seen a few episodes on Cartoon Network every now and then, and I thought they were all hilarious (the one where they create an alternate dimension and there are different versions of every character was genious). Did the show progressively get better every season like the Simpsons?

explodet

1) 5 seasons.

2) There are 4 volumes of DVDs - in North America 3 have been released, the first two are season 1 and 2, and the third volume contains all of season 3 and half of season 4. The last volume will contain the other half of season 4 and all of season 5. (Seasons 4 and 5 were short ones)

3) A few years.

4) Hadn't heard anything.

5) I thought it was a very consistent show, there were enough laughs in every season.

Idle Will Kill said:
How many seasons were there?

How many of those seasons are out on DVD?

How long have they stopped making the show?

Is it really coming back? If so, when and where?

I remember when the show first came out, I would watch it every week and I thought it was good but not great. I've seen a few episodes on Cartoon Network every now and then, and I thought they were all hilarious (the one where they create an alternate dimension and there are different versions of every character was genious). Did the show progressively get better every season like the Simpsons?

5 Seasons. All except the last are out on DVD in the US (it releases August 24th). The last episode aired in August of 2003, but the show was cancelled/left for dead way before that. It is not coming back.

EDIT:Ah, crap :)

Flynn

Idle Will Kill said:
Did the show progressively get better every season like the Simpsons?

In my honest, and not very popular, opinion Futurama got out of the gate running, easily destroying the now-hit-and-miss Simpsons.

Futurama did misfire once or twice, but overall, the show was golden for its entire run.

Kefkaff

Banned
Futurama was always funny. It had 1 or 2 episodes that would be considered medicore, but even those episodes are HEAPS better then some of the current abominations that are the Simpsons.

J2 Cool

Futurama was humor that I really learned to appreciate. First some reason it took me awhile to warm up to the characters though. Still, Im sad now being that I didnt support the show during its run like I should have. Fry still has me burst out laughing every few episodes at something he says even if I've seen every episode

snaildog

I think the last season's the best, although the third (DVD set) wasn't so good. But yeah the quality is very consistent throughout. It's my favourite TV show.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Futurama is great, i have all four dvd sets but it has a different, much smaller crowd than the simpsons though because its really just a really funny sci-fi spoof with bucket loads of IT and Math jokes that about 1% of the population get.

I hope it comes back but at the moment it doesnt look like it will because Fox wont sell the rights to the show, they'll only sell seasons of it to other broadcasters (its thought Cartoon Network were/are interested, similar situation to Family guy).

Alucard

Banned
I just don't understand why King of the Hill is still on television. The characters are all incredibly annoying and I stopped caring about them over 4 years ago.

The few episodes I've seen of Futurama I have really liked. I think I'm going to pick up Volume 1 since it's only $19.99 at Future Shop right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom