• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GA Math Series: Toadstool Tour < Hot Shots Fore

Toadstool Tour:

Has cute Mario characters. +1
Has great image quality. +1
Characters obstruct putting. -1
The lie of the green is clumsy to read. -1
Backspin is unrealistically precise and easy to control. +1
Ugly-ass shadows and water make courses rough on the eyes. -1
Pipes and chain chomps rock. +1
Physics are almost a little TOO dumbed down. -1
Customization aspects are pretty weak. -1
WARIO, MOTHERFUCKERS! +1

Toadstool Tour score: 1.
---
Hot Shots Golf Fore!

Has a retarded pun in the title. -1
American characters make Baby Sakura cry. -1
Has a golfing bulldog. +1
Has some of the best course design in a golf game EVER. +1
Crazy number of unlockables. +1
A perfect balance between ease-of-play and complexity. +1
Music drones. Yux0r3z. -1
Pro shop and golfer customization are stupid deep. +1
Jesus says "this is the best golf game ever, but buy the JP version because the characters are less HIDEOS." +1

HSG4: 3

3 > 1, Clap Hanz Wins, GO HOME ASSHOLES

I think the reason I like Toadstool Tour so much is because I hate golf. If you were to come up to me right now and suggest that we go play golf, I would punch you in the larynx. Toadstool Tour is so fucked up that I don't have to feel like I'm playing golf. And yeah, Coin is good too. I think if the actual game of golf had coins floating in midair and Chain Chomps in the bunkers, I'd go out and hit the links every Sunday.

Actually, I don't mind golfing, but here's the rub: when you start making it realistic, you also point out the fact that if that lazy-ass beer swilling chump Drinky Crow can haul his butt down to the links to take a few swings on a REAL course, the LEAST you can do is not play PRETEND real golf.

Tiger Woods Golf sucks.

shoplifter

Ramirez said:
Tiger pwnz them both so whats it matter? :D

7.jpg
1.jpg
> Tiger

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Desperate for attention?

Toadstool Tour was allright, I like Golf Advance much more myself. I'll probably check out Hot Shots Golf later in the year however.

Ranger X

The two games are freaking similar. Except that i get less frantic characters and courses in HSG4...but there's online play..... but i don't give a shit for this game so....
I choose Toadstool tour!

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I was talking about the attempt at humor. Still, please post the pics if you wish.

Don't worry I'm already well schooled on how much of a hardcore forum poster you are, I'll be nice.

EDIT: You have a point, I was conciously ignoring the humor in it. I do appreciate the honest comparison though.

I'M SORRY, GIFT FOR YOU: <3 Drinky Crow <3

Tekuno: SELF-SATIRE is funny and not a cause for anxiety. Laugh a little!

As for Tiger, I don't like playing realistic video game golf. As I suggested earlier, if I want to play a real course with real-looking characters, I'll get my ass down to Kirkland. Plus, the pro club has cheap draughts on tap.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My only complaint with Toadstool Tour is that of the 6 courses, only two really became FUN to play over the passage of time. The first two courses are stupidly inept, while the later Mario themed courses are far too forceful in their puzzle-like nature, turning the experimentation and risktaking into a punishing venture. The middle desert and island courses kick ass AND look gorgeous too.

Oh and the single player experience dies way too fast...like MK: DD weekend rental fast.

What's this I hear of 'deep customization' in HSG4 tho? Is there an Advance Tour-esque development structure? Why is Doug lambasting the US 'flava!' in favor of Japanime caricatures? Are we REALLY missing out?

john tv

Japanese Hot Shots 4 doesn't have net support, sadly. :/ Hot Shots Online does, but it's MMO only, which is a bit much.

BeOnEdge

Banned
HSG>>>>>mario golf: toadstool. hell part 3>>>>MG. i finished mario golf within a few days where i have yet to get a quarter thru HSG3 because of the difficulty. i'll be picking up FORE today after work.

Mrbob

Shit, HSG4 is out? I played the hell out of HSG3. Need to go pick this up, go online, and kick some ass.

Kobun Heat said:
I think the reason I like Toadstool Tour so much is because I hate golf. If you were to come up to me right now and suggest that we go play golf, I would punch you in the larynx. Toadstool Tour is so fucked up that I don't have to feel like I'm playing golf.

Which is why I think Mario Golf GBC is still the best golf game ever made.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Poking fun at golf is about as cool as G-phoria in this day and age.

But I happen to enjoy playing the sport, though playing it virtually is a lot cheaper.

Can anyone comment on the 'deep customization' in HSG4? Are we talking outfits or stats?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I need to go get mine today. Mario TT was rather lame and Mario Golf GBA was much better but still not what I hoped. C'mon HS!

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I like video golf.

Tiger sucks my dong though. (spin after contact? gimic analog swing?)

Furthermore:

&#8710;(MG:TT/HSG4) > &#960;(Tiger Woods series)

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
scola said:
I like video golf.

Tiger sucks my dong though. (spin after contact? gimic analog swing?)

Furthermore:

&#8710;(MG:TT/HSG4) > &#960;(Tiger Woods series)

So turn the spin off. No golf game I've played has done spin right. It makes me ill when a game lets you apply top spin to a golf shot.

What's your complaint about the analog swing?

Top Bottom