• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Counter-Strike Server / PUG Group

kodt

Banned
So there seemed to be some interest in a Counter-Strike thread about getting some sort of server or PUG group going.

So there were two main ideas thrown around:

1. GAF public CS 1.6 server. I and a few other expressed interest in having a full map rotation or at least a larger map rotation than just Office / Dust 2. The idea would be to have a quality server which plays a variety of CS maps.

As it stands if you want to play some of the less popular maps you are stuck finding 200ms servers populated with bots...

2. PUG group. This probably interests those who played competitively at some point. It might be fun just to have a night where we get a group of 5 or 10 and play some scrims against each-other or find a scrim on IRC.

Of course we could have a public server and make it private for a few hours one night and use it for matches.

I am willing to pay for the server (at least starting out) if there is enough interest. I would probably go with Velocity unless someone has a better suggestion. (http://www.velocity-servers.net/) Basically I want to gauge interest and see if this is something we can do.

Feel free to give input on what you would like to see or what you are interested in.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
thestopsign said:
I tried and failed at this last December here. Hopefully we have better luck.
Alas I do not think that enough people on GAF have the interest I'm afraid (especially as most people, myself included) are too dim to remember to check this part of the forum on a regular basis.

Anyway, I'd love to play with some GAF peoples at 1.6 or CS:S in any way possible, so I'll leave my SteamID here anyway just in case a server doesn't materialise. Just FYI:I am in the UK but on cable (VM) so I have a higher ping to the US but 90% of the time my connection is very solid across the pond.

SteamID: StopIt

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Awesome idea ! .. I would love to be a part of it, but my ping is gonna suck because I'm studying abroad for a couple of years unfortunately.

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
I'd love to play 1.6 if we could get a server going.

Igo

I'd love to get back into 1.6 once the OSX client is released. I had to quit because finding good pugs consistently in the UK is ridiculously difficult. I miss being able to jump into findpug/findscrim at 3am and get a game.

I should be able play on NYC/Virginia servers with around 80ping.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Igo

kodt

Banned
interest is slowly trickling in, I may check with a few other forums, maybe combined we can get a decent community going.

Igo

We need a steam group to get the ball rolling. I just started pubbing again and it's frustrating how bad i've become.

Top Bottom