• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF LA is burning, why is no one talking about this???

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I didnt find out until last night about the fires since I was at home on the east coast. I was alerted of the news in the airport. These Arsons are out of control.

Rash of arson fires continues, spreads across wider area
A rash of arson fires in the dark of night set Los Angeles on edge over New Year's Eve, and authorities deployed hundreds of extra firefighters, patrol cars, undercover officers and helicopters to stop the attacks.

On Saturday night, firefighters rushed to multiple fires, quickly extinguishing a vehicle fire in a Hollywood carport and responding to another in the massive parking structure at Hollywood Boulevard and Highland Avenue. Those blazes followed at least 38 other suspicious fires between Thursday night and Saturday morning, making it the worst wave of arson since the 1992 riots.

Jenga

Banned
the seventh seal is close to being broken

Ia! Ia! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

Are they in good/decent parts of town? If not, it might be pretty easy to ignore for the media.

Definitly. Some have been just north east of beverly hills and the rest are mostly west hollywood and hollywood. I live east of there. Hopefully I will be safe, I live in a pretty nice nieghborhood.

Holy shit GAF! one of these fires is burning a mile from my house! it's nonstop helicopters and sirens for the last hour or so. Trying to maintain with champagne and koyaanisqatsi.

Holy shit GAF! one of these fires is burning a mile from my house! it's nonstop helicopters and sirens for the last hour or so. Trying to maintain with champagne and koyaanisqatsi.

Yeah I just started hearing cop and fire truck sirens all over. Havent stopped in close to 15 min now. Forget rain, LAGAF is burning.

FStop7

Banned
Yeah, several of these fires were set 3 to 5 blocks from my former home. I hope the people responsible for this spend the rest of their lives at the bottom of a dark hole. I can't believe that the arsons are still happening even after one guy was already caught in the act and arrested. So he has friends who are helping him?

Some people are sick fucks and don't deserve to live. Lock them up and toss the key.

Oh and on the LA Times website there are already commenters trying to link the fires to OWS. So besides the fact there are dangerous arsonists on the loose the carnival of stupid is also now in full effect.

USEP60603102_640x480_01.jpg

I saw on the local news that my hometown of Glendale just had two fires a few hours ago but emergency services were called in before it got too serious. They just messed with the Armenian mafia and their BMWs. Shit is about to go down.

I guess one of the big ones was a few blocks from my apartment near the Tujunga Blvd. park. Had no idea it was so close.

I saw on the local news that my hometown of Glendale just had two fires a few hours ago but emergency services were called in before it got too serious. They just messed with the Armenian mafia and their BMWs. Shit is about to go down.

Brow Down

this has been going on for a few days, how come no one has been caught or taken responsibility for it yet?

I'm sure some copycat will send letters to a newspaper for attention soon enough

FStop7

Banned

I know this is a really serious problem but your post just made me bust out laughing. One of my good friends at work is from Glendale and is Armenian and drives a BMW. He gets so much shit and hazing from all corners but he's such a good sport about it. That said I can't imagine what he's like when he's truly angry.

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider

Bowflex

The fact that anyone supports Hillary boggles my mind... I have tested between 130-160 on IQ tests
Metaphorically speaking, LA has been burning for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom