• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Maddenites: PS2 or Xbox?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I probably will end up with both the PS2 and X-Box version of Madden. The only reason is it seems I probably will be getting a Collector's edition free. So I will be able to beat some ass on both consoles. We all know that I OWN FMT anyway.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I got a $15 coupon code to use at the EA store so I think I'll buy the collectors edition and trade games in for the xbox version,then I get the best of both worlds :p

ps2 version isn't a collectors bonus. there is a normal ps2 version ($49.99) and the collectors edition ($59.99). but the default game doesn't have bonus collectors edition features.

xbox is up 24-13 late!

DMczaf

PS2 chokes in the clutch!

choke.gif

Ramirez

Ya know half of these people will probably never partake in the tourneys anyways,and probably be done with the game long before the crew from last year is,heh.

hear me now and believe me later ramirez, i wont let xbox madden tournies die. if i have to go outside of GA to fill them so be it! we all have amigos at opsports and other gaming sites that aren't part of GA.

live madden xbox, live!

Ramirez

LoL,I didn't mean that it would just die off,I just meant we won't even be seeing half of these people prolly once the time comes around :p That's PS2 included!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'll be online on Xbox. In fact, I'm subscribing to Live just because Madden & NCAA will be playable now.

For anyone interested, the Xbox-Dual Shock adaptors made by Level Six are good products. My roommate (you'll pry his Dual Shock from his cold dead hands) swears by them.

DMczaf

seismologist said:
does the collectors edition come with any Sega Genesis Madden games?

Comes with 1 Genesis Madden , 1 2D PSOne Madden, and 1 3D PSOne Madden

Here's a full listing of the extra features in Collector's Edition

Key Additional Features for Collector's Edition:
-Playable classic versions of Madden, including a version from 16-bit era and 2 PlayStation versions
-Madden Trivia Challenge: Playable trivia game for 1 or 2 players with Madden and NFL trivia with over 1,000 questions
-Madden Moments: Relive the greatest moments of the past 15 seasons. Situations become more and more difficult until you reach the ultimate Madden Moment
-Historical Playoff Teams: Select from 15 years worth of playoff teams, including authentic, historical uniforms
Bonus Video Content (tentative list includes):
-The Madden Phenomenon - how the Madden franchise has become a dominant force in American culture
-Evolution of Madden art - interviews with EA artists showing game footage from Madden versions over the last 15 years
-How the Game is Made - get the inside story on how the game is built from scratch
-The Music of Madden - interviews with artists on the role that music plays in the game and how Madden has launched new bands
-Production Commentary - the producers narrate a game as its being played, pointing our key game design elements and commenting on strategy and tactics

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
I could give an ass about older versions of madden (yuck), but the madden moments sounds nice. I'm not hardcore enough to buy both versions though.

Rorschach

WasabiKing said:
Oh please, the only person that I heaven't beat is LittleTokyo. And I've used Rick Mirer and the old men WRs to kick a certain champion's behind in a defense-laden stunner. You can't tell me that all the talent is on the XBox side.

This is exactly what will happen by September 30th, and I'm padding myself a good month here:

1. Former EA/Madden haters who showered EA with love with the XBL support will quit because they can't understand why they can't throw passes 50 yards off their backfoot after a 15 step drop, or when the discover that they can't break 10 tackles... per running play.

2. Everyone will laugh at Konex/Cloudy's expense cause we will still continue to throw into 3 or 4 man coverage. Even more laughter when he doesn't understand why sending in the house doesn't stop QBs immediately.

3. PS2 users will miss FMT and DMczaf for a while, and then suddenly they all receive messages from a "FrenchMov" and "DMczaf" begging for forgiveness, much like the ESPN NFL 2004 FIASCO of 2003-04. They will pick up a copy of Madden 2005 cause they complain of lack of talent and competition. And they will get all sorts of crap from WsbiKing for months, count on it!

4. Repeat item #2
laugh.gif
Rock on. Couldn't have said it better myself.

PS: I've still yet to see the great new CK that can beat me in Madden. :rolleyes

Ramirez

Well in a late quarter move I've went to the Xbox side!! :p

My bro got DSL,so I'm just gonna use his Xbox and stuff whenever I need to play online,sweet :D

shpankey

not an idiot
whoohooo, we get another one!

::yes, my evil plan comes together::

mwhahahaha!

j/k - Welcome aboard bud. I look forward to playing you... and hopefully spanking you like the red headed step child you are. ;)

shpankey

not an idiot
Ramirez said:
Bah,I was the king of college foozball round here last year :p Pro foozball on the other hand =\ LoL

Our OU v. FSU games should be some hella showdowns. Clash of the TITANS!

Slo

Ramirez is reborn. Repent PS2 lamers! Return to the one true path and you shall become our bretheren, refuse our mercy and you will be crushed!

Top Bottom