• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, recommend me a light, crisp, refreshing summer beer

Billbofet

For years I have been drinking pale ales and IPAs, and lately, I'm not feeling it.
Looking for a great, refreshing summer beer where I can drink a few and not feel sleepy or weighed down.

Some lighter beers I already enjoy: New Glaurs Spotted Cow, Schlitz (my neighbor growing up worked for the brewery, so I have a soft spot), and Canoe Paddler.

Cheers in advance!

Kev Kev

For years I have been drinking pale ales and IPAs, and lately, I'm not feeling it.
Looking for a great, refreshing summer beer where I can drink a few and not feel sleepy or weighed down.

Some lighter beers I already enjoy: New Glaurs Spotted Cow, Schlitz (my neighbor growing up worked for the brewery, so I have a soft spot), and Canoe Paddler.

Cheers in advance!
i always enjoyed pilsners for ligth and crisp. not necessarily the lightest and crispiest, just my preference.

stella artois, heineken, pilsner urquell or peroni are really tasty pilsners and relatively easy to find.

ParaSeoul

Make sure you don't grab a bottle of pee by accident.
Understand Captain America GIF

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Refreshing, light summer beer?! Do you want a real drink or do you want a soft drink?

Try this. it's a real beer that'll put hairs on your seed sacks.

MgHpRUH.png

Last edited:

Ron Mexico

Since you have access to New Glarus, I'm going to assume you're in their distro area. I'm in the MSP area now and again and it's a deceptively good drinking area.

I've had decent success with Surly beyond their hop-forward stuff. Something like Hell isn't bad if you can get it fresh.

If lagers arent your think or looking more general, I'd look at something like a pils is always a solid summer choice. And there's the whole variety of sours but that's hit or miss for most.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Just get lagers. Blonde bombshell if you want a specific rec.

nvrmind thats a blonde ale lol

Last edited:

Ionian

compare ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]a black to a can of piss?

AAAAyew

removed post. couldn't type so was just waewaewawdswadsadadaw.

En Sama

I just had 4 bottles of Peroni Nastro Azzuro a delightful Italian beer from Italy. Tastes fine like a summer breeze on a cloudy overcast summer day when you just need a certain Italian beer to quench that indomitable thirst.
I am not sponsored by Peroni Nastro Azzuro beer or Italy.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day

Cheers in advance!
Not to hijack the thread but I know nothing about beer. I've had one beer I Iiked I can only describe it as 'smooth' was going to make a beer thread to learn more about beer maybe find something I like but I was afraid the thread would be inundated with suggestions of artisanal lemongrass/starfruit craft beer.

Last edited:
yeah same. also not a fan of 'blonde' beers like Leffe. somethign about the flavor gives me the same soapy vibes lol

I am curious, do you get the same taste from cilantro? I've got a few friends that can't stand anything with cilantro, they say it makes the food taste like soap.

I am curious, do you get the same taste from cilantro? I've got a few friends that can't stand anything with cilantro, they say it makes the food taste like soap.
I've heard that, my friends can deal with it when I cook them something that needs cilantro, but I have heard that.

Kev Kev

I don’t but my Mom hates cilantro for basically the same reason. Just different strokes.

TastyPastry

during hot summer i enjoy bavarian wheat beers the most so augustiner, könig ludwig, weihenstephaner would be my recommendations

Michelob Ultra is always a decent light beer choice but I usually go for craft fruit ales i the summer. Strawberry right now is so good.

I've never drank and don't have much interest to, but I absolutely love to see the different brands and people's experiences with each.

Top Bottom