• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Gogakuen (Game Language Learning Academy)

Phatcorns

For those of you interested in or on the fence about experiencing Japanese games in their original text, I've created a Twitch.tv channel where you can join me as I slog through a maze of mysterious curvy lines and pictographs, looking up obscure fantastical terms like "alchemist" and "mummy" that will never do you any good in a normal Japanese conversation, and making flashcards of such words that I upload for you to study and... am I selling this yet? It only sounds like work, but once you join me, it's actually not that terrible. Studying Japanese can be a long lonely road, but it can just as easily be an exciting challenge that affords us an opportunity to help each other. I may have a head start by being a Japanese interpreter by day, but in no way do I know all the words necessary to tackle a Japanese game without a dictionary, and it will be a learning experience for both of us, as you will quickly see. I'm happy to answer your questions in the chat room during the stream, and there is no question too basic for you to ask. I might be asking questions myself, so Japanese experts, feel free to join! The more the merrier.

My goals for this channel are:

1) To get people interested in Japanese
2) To help Japanese learners by answering their questions and making flashcards for them
3) To learn from viewers who know things I don't (which is everyone)

Join my stream weekdays at 6pm EST (GMT -5), and let's do this!

twitch.tv/mantixero

Top Bottom