• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Maker 5.3a (free to use)

geogaddi

Banned
Have any of you guys ever used Game Maker? You can download it for free (www.gamemaker.nl).

In a 2-D Game Development class at school we are using this program and quite frankly, its the easiest program to use. I am making an adventure/RPG game (non-turned based) and its a lot of fun. What you definantly need is to find good sprites or make them (animated too). I know how to compose music in MIDI so I also add MIDI music.

You can compile the game into an .exe but you get a small splash before the actual game launches but thats all. There are many tutorials and many games available so you can do some reverse engineering if needed.

For those interested just head over to www.gamemaker.nl

MoxManiac

I thought this program was interesting, but was dissapointed by the seemingly choppy/slow framerate that plagues most games made by this.

Tabs

Thanks for the link. My friends and I are designing a Super Robot Wars-like RPG, and we were scouting around for some tools. We'll take a close look at this.

Top Bottom