• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamecube 480P question

for any video source to be progressive scan, including gamecube, you need Component Video cables. and of course a high-def monitor.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
Damn. It's only available directly from Nintendo right?

Why in gods name isn't this available at retail?

well apparently, its because not enough people are interested in buying them, so they only sell them online, so that not many people know they exist, which means less people buy them, so they put them on the online store only, so you have to know what youre looking for if you do find them becuase.... yeah get the point?

Also because 3rd party companies aren't able to make them, because GC component cables require a DAC chip to convert the digital signal... Which makes the cable expensive. I don't know if it's the cost or if Nintendo has some copyright lock on the DAC design that's preventing 3rd parties from making GC component cables.

Ristamar

Hm. I think I'll order some component cables right now, just in case they remove those from their online store in the near future.

Datawhore

on the 15th floor
I just ordered them.

I bet they will remove them from their online store soon, since the newer GCs don't ship with the digital av/out port.

Datawhore said:
I just ordered them.

I bet they will remove them from their online store soon, since the newer GCs don't ship with the digital av/out port.
not likely that theyll take them off the online store, since they have a system set up where you can mail in a new model GC and get it replaced if you want one with digital output.

Top Bottom