• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameOn NY official E-mail Update

hobart

Saw the info in a prior thread.. here's the official e-mail that I got today. Price is disclosed... not sure if it was before. Also a link towards purchasing tickets can be found in the e-mail as well.

Enjoy.

Dear AJ,

You knew GameOn NY was coming... A consumer show for the Video Game industry... But what you didn't know was that we have a date and location update, as well as some new sponsors...

Microsoft's XBOX & Ziff Davis' Game Group...

GameOn NY, the premier Interactive Entertainment Expo for the consumer is pleased to announce our partnership with Ziff Davis' DigitalLife consumer electronics show at the Jacob K. Javits Convention center in NYC - October 14-17, 2004 (this date and location replace the previously announced MSG date and location). In addition we are proud to welcome XBOX as the OFFICIAL Game Pavilion sponsor.

You will still have the ability to compete in great tournaments, win amazing prizes and try out the latest and hottest games before anyone else!!

Tickets are now officially on sale, only $12 for the entire weekend! Click the below link to purchase tickets:

https://secure.pnmi.com/digitallife/tickets/

Also, please be on the lookout for information in the next few days regarding GameOn’s tournament ladders!

If you have any questions, or need any additional information, please contact us at info@gameonny.com

Regards,

The GameOn NY Team

Joe

everytime there's an update it looks more and more like crap. if there's no demo out by then it will definitely be worth going just to play halo2 early though.

hobart

I'll bet you now... especially since Xbox is the sponsor...

The Halo 2 demo is the same one released on August 24 (because I'm banking on this on too)... only hooked up to a giant network where 16-32 people can play at the same time.

I wouldn't expect an entire level to be playable... do you?

I want to go but I'm sort of hesitant since there still isn't a list of exhibitors and such... New York is only an hour and change away but I still need to make plans.

xsarien

daedsiluap
n addition we are proud to welcome XBOX as the OFFICIAL Game Pavilion sponsor.

Oh boy, if there ever was a way to get a nice, balanced representation of gaming at a show, this is surely the way to go about it.

aparisi2274

I got the same e-mail, and I was considering going, since it was $12 for the weekend, but hell, I dont want to be there if its an XBOX orgy fest. I would like to see some PS2 and GC games as well. Oh well, for $12, what can I lose. I am sure I will be there.

Well as much as I don't believe in blind faith, I do feel we should support the show if we can. It may be one of the few chances to show that there are gamers in the NYC area and even if it blows, with enough attendance, something better might make it's way into town.

Top Bottom