• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameOnNY GAF Meet Up

Well, GameOnNY is only two weeks away, so I figured that I'd start a thread, just in case any of us want to meet up. I believe that I will be there on October 14th, just for the record.

So when will you be there?

The big question is, what games, and what companies will be there right? I'll start a list...

Exhibitors
1up
Activision
ATI
AT&T
BlackBerry
Computer Gaming World
Dell
EA GAMES
EB Games
Electronic Gaming Monthly
ESPN Videogames
GMR
Google
Intel
Jasc Software
Majesco
Microsoft Game Studios
Motorola
MSN Music
NVIDIA
Official PlayStation Magazine
PC Magazine
Sammy Studios
Take-Two Interactive
THQ Wireless
TiVo
Toshiba
UGO
Vivendi Unversal
Xbox
Xbox Nation
Ziff David Media

Playable Games Confirmed
EA Games:
• Def Jam Fight For NY
Majesco:
• Bloodrayne 2
• Guilty Gear X2 #Reload
• Ultra Bust A Move
Sammy Studios:
• Iron Phoenix
Activision:
• X-Men Legends
• Tony Hawk Underground 2
Novalogic:
• Joint Operations
ESPN Videogames:
• NFL 2K5
• NHL 2K5
• NBA 2K5
• College Hoops
• MLB Baseball
Vivendi:
• Tribes: Vengeance
• Men of Valor
• Fight Club
• Bard's Tale

Tournaments
Dance Dance Revolution
Halo: Combat Evolved
Unreal Tournament 2004

Features
- Xbox Gaming Lounge with hands on sneak peaks at the Xbox's holiday line up. Could we see the E3 2004 demo of Zanzibar from Halo 2?
- Free Gmail accounts from Google
- Thousands of dollars in cash prizes, as well as other merchandise

Guests
Michael Strahan of the NY Giants
Creators of Red vs Blue, displaying Seasons I + II of Red vs Blue
Ludacris
Shawna
N.O.R.E.
Joe Budden
Cam'ron
Les Seules

So, who's coming, and what else can we find out?

It's not just a game event. It's a general electronics show. The videogame part is called GameOnNY. I've been invited to meet with ATI, among other companies, so I'm going. For anyone outside the press, it's only $8.00 a ticket.

hanzo

Banned
U can get in for free if u have a Bestbuy Rewards Card. Just flash it at the door. U can also buy tickets for $4 online.

I'm up for playing Tribes: Vengeance, THUG2, and participating in the Halo tournament. And I'm sure that there are going to be more games there, I am just trying to find out.

The biggest additions, will likely come from Microsoft Game Studios, which I am trying my hardest to find out now.

But I ask again, anyone know any more about the games on display at the event?

Priz

ToyMachine228 said:
It's not just a game event. It's a general electronics show. The videogame part is called GameOnNY. I've been invited to meet with ATI, among other companies, so I'm going. For anyone outside the press, it's only $8.00 a ticket.

They were originally 2 seperate events, but merged recently. I know the GameOn folks were trying to merge with the UGExpo folks, but EA said they'd only do one show... since UGE is dead, looks like they went with GameOn.

aparisi2274

I'm going, but I am gonna be there on Saturday. I just need to hop on the ferry and take a train. I am going to meet my friend who is the HNIC of 1up.com

The Faceless Master said:
i almost feel like going just to try iron phoenix and a chance at halo 2...

Well seriously...Look at all the Microsoft and Halo related stuff that's going to be there...

Microsoft Game Studios
Xbox Gaming Lounge
The Xbox is the official sponsor of the event
Microsoft Windows XP
Xbox Nation
Halo Tournament
Red vs Blue Creators

Looking at that list, I really think there is a chance that Zanzibar might be playable at the Xbox Gaming Lounge if we're really lucky.

ToyMachine228 said:
Well seriously...Look at all the Microsoft and Halo related stuff that's going to be there...

Microsoft Game Studios
Xbox Gaming Lounge
The Xbox is the official sponsor of the event
Microsoft Windows XP
Xbox Nation
Halo Tournament
Red vs Blue Creators

Looking at that list, I really think there is a chance that Zanzibar might be playable at the Xbox Gaming Lounge if we're really lucky.
i still remember the last time i went to a microsoft event...
Xbox Unleashed...
WON AN XBOX W00T!

Wow I find the total lack of enthusiasm pretty disappointing. Yeah, it's sounds lame on paper, but NYC GAFers should still check it out. It might help send a message if enough people turn out that there is an audience here so something better might come along.

xsarien

daedsiluap
FortNinety said:
Wow I find the total lack of enthusiasm pretty disappointing. Yeah, it's sounds lame on paper, but NYC GAFers should still check it out. It might help send a message if enough people turn out that there is an audience here so something better might come along.

I'm sorry, but I can't get that enthused about Fight Club. :p

Agent X

FortNinety said:

Attending might also send a message that they've got a captive audience that's willing to settle for bottom-feeding crap like this. I'll pass.

I just got the latest Viewtiful Joe newsletter, and it also pointed out the GameOnNY event, and to email them if you attend...Why would they do that?

Wellington said:
I'm going Saturday. The email says Michael Strahan is going to be there, hopefully I can get an autograph. :D

Cool. It'll be nice to run into you; when I think of NYC GAFers, your name always pops up.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I sent an email asking about the u2k4 tournaments, whats the deal? Do you have to bring your own pc? where do i sign up?

xsarien said:
And you have one day to convince me to go, starting...now. :p

I have to admit, as the date approaches, my enthusiasm simply decreases. It's like two days away and no one still know what the fuck is going on. All these vague promises, unanswered emails... This may be the first and only real chance at stating something on par with an "east coast E3" as the producers love to keep saying. They had better not fuck this up.

Sorry I couldn't answer your question... or maybe I just did?

Also, four days is just too damn long. Two seems just perfect, or maybe three. But four?

Caddle

Where in New York City is this being held? I am in Brooklyn, so I wouldn't mind dropping in to see what happens.

All Hail C-Webb

Hailing from the Chill-Web
Caddle said:
Where in New York City is this being held? I am in Brooklyn, so I wouldn't mind dropping in to see what happens.

It's at the Javits center, which is right by Copacabana, so you can go for drinks/fine lady's after the show.

So I went, And yes, it sucked. Sucked big time. But I have to say, as far as I could tell, most everyone there seem quite happy with the event, which only further proves how starved the video game audience truly is in New York City. I hope to God something better comes along…

Anyway, there were some “highlights” if you can call them that. Here are mine…

- Seeing 1UP.com on a huge 50 foot wide plasma screen. So people from 100 feet away could see how slow, buggy, and ugly the thing is. I think I saw it crash like fifteen times before someone decided to finally pull the plug.

- The woman on the floor dressed like BloodRayne who looked more like a guy. He/she heard me voice my opinion, and he/she was pissed. Though the best part was seeing the semi-circle of nerds who where completely awestruck by the man-ish amazon (especially one short Asian guy who's jaw was literally hanging) that followed him/her the whole time.

- Best game of the show? Technically, it was Ferry Helim game I caught some kid playing on a high powered PC that was supposed to be demoing Windows Media Center.

- Worst game of the show? Easily Fight Club. I controlled Bob… the attention to detail was quite stunning btw; underneath the tits were sweaty. There's really no point going down the list of everything that's wrong/stupid with the game since it's a safe bet no one is going to bother this one when it goes on sale.

- Virtually everyone who participated in the DDR tournament was some young black or Asian teenager, which I guess is why the real stand out was some middle-aged, bald white guy dressed like a Blues Brother and missing a front tooth. That guy rocked the dance mat like no one else.

lexi

Banned
Virtually everyone who participated in the DDR tournament was some young black or Asian teenager, which I guess is why the real stand out was some middle-aged, bald white guy dressed like a Blue Brother and missing a front tooth. That guy rocked the dance mat like no one else.

I would have attended and paid good money to see that.

Top Bottom