• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

gamers complain to much

Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch.

gamers find anything about some damn game just bitch bitch bitch.

i mean i might joke about something like metroids HOT LOCK ON action

but honestly, im not complaining, i enjoy it. I try to find the positive aspects of games and enjoy it, cause im a gamer. I want to enjoy games instead of try to seem like teh COOL HATER.

blah

DarthWufei said:
Lemme guess, people who just don't like Halo 2?

its about any damn game, even if the game sucks like backyard baseball.

i dont even see why some people play games, take up a new hobby that you wont find as annoying since evidently gaming is dead to some of you people who complain about every little thing.

either that, or go make the perfect game and stop crying about other people who dont.

Ranger X

2broken is right. We are a bunch of irritated asses most of the time on GAF lol

A game is not quoted 10 - we complain
Someone does not like our game - we complain
There's a delay - we complain
Capcom is breaking a contract with another business entity, and even if does not change anything of us and it's totally not of our regards - we complain

I could list things we stupidly complain on during the 10 next days...
I guess we should think about that sometimes and take 2 mins to laugh at ourselves.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Drinky Crow said:
:(

Hush, you liked Rumble Roses

That game actually has something called game play to go with it. :p Under The Skin is the "run around and hit some buttons!!" game. :\

The same could be said for any game, Lyte.

Now, not to say that UTS isn't packed with flaws -- it is, and it'd probably be better as a 2D game -- but its late-90's arcade ethos mixed with the hard setting (which requires you actually set up combos and know the map intimately) is sure sight better than a shallow riff on Smackdown mixed with badly-rendered tits and janky (there's that word again!) animation. UTS is a great party game experience, too; it's like Deception or Trap Gunner Lite, with some wonderful art direction.

Then again, we've always known where your tastes in gaming run. Props to TToB; he doesn't dress up his love for TEH DIGITAL BOOBIES in the presumption of TASTE.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Gamers who complain about valid concerns & issues, within the confines of an environment where such complaints will be read by the relevant developers are fine with me.

'Gamers' who rant/hate/rain on the parades of others enjoying games on random, un-associated messageboards populated mainly by cynical gaming journalists, bitter ex-journalists and fanboys galore are irrelevant noise, and can be ignored easily

:p

Lyte Edge

Drinky Crow said:
The same could be said for any game, Lyte.

Now, not to say that UTS isn't packed with flaws -- it is, and it'd probably be better as a 2D game -- but its late-90's arcade ethos mixed with the hard setting (which requires you actually set up combos and know the map intimately) is sure sight better than a shallow riff on Smackdown mixed with badly-rendered tits and janky (there's that word again!) animation. UTS is a great party game experience, too; it's like Deception or Trap Gunner Lite, with some wonderful art direction.

Like Deception or Trap Gunner? Where are you seeing that connection? I have UTS too, Drinky; I bought the Japanese version the day it came out. What I found was a game where you run around a small stage hitting buttons to "annoy" people in an attempt to rack up coins. Yay. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong and missed something...I wanted to like it.

Drinky Crow said:
Then again, we've always known where your tastes in gaming run. Props to TToB; he doesn't dress up his love for TEH DIGITAL BOOBIES in the presumption of TASTE.

Really? And what are my "tastes" in gaming? This should be good. :)

I'm sorry if Rumble Roses actually has good game play. I know everyone wanted to bash it. :p

Freeburn, may I suggest the forums at quartertothree.com, then? It's dry as hell, but it meets your first set of qualifications.

CrimsonSkies said:
Don't judge gamers by this board or others online. You're looking at the 5% that care too much.

This is quite true. Honestly, I enjoy talking with casuals about gaming much more than posting here sometimes, but sadly casuals don't hang around on forums or start communities. :p They just seem to simply take gaming as something to do for fun and just that, nothing is taken personally and differences in opinion aren't seen as serious as they are here and many other forums. Casuals make the industry go round, and they definitely come off more like a gamer, than any forum poster seems to boast. Including myself.

Nothing can be done about that though. GAF has a decent crowd really, lately it has been way too chaotic though, moreso than I usually seem to witness anyways. Better than other forums though, *coughGameFAQscough*. So it could be worse.

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Drinky Crow said:
Freeburn, may I suggest the forums at quartertothree.com, then? It's dry as hell, but it meets your first set of qualifications.

Hey! I'm happy-go-lucky, I like to frequent both, besides not being either a cynical current journalist, or bitter ex-journalist just leaves me in that other category ;)

Lyte: If it has fan service, you'll try to find a reason to like it.

I don't know how you can just hit buttons and succeed in UTS: getitng X numbers of coins within the time limit or bringing down Nemesis/CPU opponent REQUIRES combination attacks, and that requires selecting and farming the best humans with the strongest attacks in the area.

On Easy, yeah, with the time limit at 10 FREAKIN' MINUTES, sure the game is easy as hell. Try getting 500 coins or taking down the CPU opponent in 5 or 3 minutes, though, with the meagre amount of coins you get from non-combo attacks. It's not brutal, but you can't mash it, either. It's tightly-designed dumb arcade party fun with a wonky camera and GREAT art direction.

Lyte Edge

Drinky Crow said:
Lyte: If it has fan service, you'll try to find a reason to like it.

Please name some examples of bad games with fan service that I try to like. (Sorry, DOA isn't a bad game)

I don't know how you can just hit buttons and succeed in UTS: geting X numbers of coints within the time limit or bringing down Nemesis REQUIRES combination attacks, and that requires selecting and farming the best humans with the strongest attacks in the area.

On Easy, yeah, with the time limit at 10 FREAKIN' MINUTES, sure the game is easy as hell. Try getting 500 coins or taking down the CPU opponent in 5 or 3 minutes, though, with the meagre amount of coins you get from non-combo attacks.

I played on normal. But the thing is, I found this game so damn BORING, and it seems 90% of everyone else did too from what I heard about it. :p The game play just isn't there for me.

under the skin rocks, lyteedge's taste has been declining for months. Its all over. I used to trust his SNK opinion but no anymore

Lyte Edge

MrAngryFace said:
under the skin rocks, lyteedge's taste has been declining for months. Its all over. I used to trust his SNK opinion but no anymore

I don't love you anymore. :(

Acosta

So a thread to complain about how much players complain, finish with an argument of posters complaining about games and taste of others gamers... funny.

And yes, videogames is something we should celebrate. I find that there is a fault of innocence in GAF IMO, is not like every game is fantastic and coming back to our childhood, but there is a middle point.

Dave Long

Banned
Once some more of these guys start having kids, the GAF will change a little bit. That is if they stick around to post. Your kids give you back a lot of the innocence that's lost in the twentysomethings and late teens when in general gamers are janky, jaded fucks.

Gaijin To Ronin said:
So a thread to complain about how much players complain, finish with an argument of posters complaining about games and taste of others gamers... funny.

Hey this is the same guy who, when I started a thread about the NYC subway system being a mess, said that he though it was perfectly fine, that he never had any problems, plus accused me of being an asshole as a reason why I had no problems, and then admitted to lying about never having problems in the first place.

complaining is not cool period.

i mean, sometimes you gotta complain...but constant complaining is for pussies....

its as if its cool to be a hater these days.

Socreges

Banned
Alright, you're never allowed to complain again. No questions asked. I don't care if there's something you don't like about a game or are disappointed in. You just keep your god-damn mouth shut!

Socreges said:
Alright, you're never allowed to complain again. No questions asked. I don't care if there's something you don't like about a game or are disappointed in. You just keep your god-damn mouth shut!

i take it you can't read well?

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Fixed2BeBroken said:
complaining is not cool period.

i mean, sometimes you gotta complain...but constant complaining is for pussies....

its as if its cool to be a hater these days.

The Offspring nailed it!

Offspring / Cool To Hate (lyrics)

I hate a lot of things
I hate a lot of people that are lame
I like to hate stuff
Cause then I don't havae to try and make
A change
I hate teachers
I hate school
I hate the cheerleaders
And anyone who's cool
I hate the office
I hate the Quad
Don't wanna learn nothing
I want to be a slob

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and I like that fine
(Liking something's just a waste of time)
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and like that fine
Yeah I hate everything
I even hate you too
So fuck you

I'm always thinking bad
I never have nothing good to say
I'd rather tear things down
Than build them up
It's easier that way
I hate the jocks
And I hate the geeks
I hate the trendies
But I also hate the freaks
I hate Dr. Martens
And Muscle T's
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
I don't like nothing and like that fine
Yeah I hate everything
I even hate you too
So fuck you

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate

I'll cut you down and give you lip
Being positive's so unhip
I'll cut you down cause I'm a fool
Being positive's so uncool

I hate the jocks
Annd I hate the geeks
I hate the trendies
But I also hate the freaks
I hate your band
And I hate TV
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery

It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
It's cool to hate
Yeah I hate everything
I even hate you too
So fuck you

WarPig

I've lost track of what's cool or not at this point. All I know is that whatever it is, I'm probably not it.

DFS.

Socreges

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
uh...."ROOFLECOPTERS"

the "....." part before the "yea ok im lying" should have clued you into the fact that the "yea ok im lying" was SARCASTIC

lol.

but yea...I GUESS I AM THE DUMBASS! [/sarcasm off] <---hopefully that will make it more apparent that I was being sarcastic...Again.

peace
Actually, no. Since the "/" in itself indicates the 'end' of something, and that would be "sarcasm off", this means that you weren't being sarcastic.

leavetheinternet.jpg

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
You know what's cool, Reverend Doktor? JACKAL.

And Silkworm.

I think I got a jeep thing going on.

Okay, so you're still some guy who apparently has never had a problem on a NYC subway (which I still flat out refuse to believe, btw), and, as evidenced in this thread as well, has virtually nothing of value to say, no matter what the topic or conversation.

Top Bottom