• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that Sega should port...

jarrod

Banned
...with the hoopla over SMB DX and Sonic MC+, what other titles in Sega's catalogue would make enticing cheap ports to outsource? I'd say...

-Astro Boy (GC~ Sonic Team) This one likely should've been on GameCube in the first place, it's a perfect fit with the younger (and nostalgic) userbase... some extra time would be good to tune it up also.

-Crazy Taxi: High Roller (GC, PS2~ Hitmaker) With the huge sales of CT1 on these platforms, I'm shocked it hasn't happened already. Why bother with PC Sega?

-Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst (PS2~ Sonic Team) Naka needs to get over it and port. They'd probably get an extra 150k from Japan alone.

-Sonic Adventures 1+2 (PS2~ Sonic Team) Might be too much effort to be worth it, unlike Mega Collection. They could always release them seperately though then...

-Virtua Cop 3 (PS2~ Sega-AM2) Since an XBox port will never happen, a Gun.Con compatible PS2 release would make sense. VC still has some pull and they could always throw in the already ported VC1+2.

-Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned (Xbox~ Sega-AM2) This game was headed to XBox anyway before Sony coughed up some cash, might as well do it now and try to get some incetives from Microsoft. If MS won't bite, bring it to GC, PS2 & PSP also. Expand the brand and they might follow in SC2's footsteps.

-Virtua Striker 4 (PS2~ Smilebit) This franchise would probably do pretty well on PS2... throw in an effortless GC port too maybe.

...would all make tons of sense... what else?

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Crazy Taxi 3 (PS2, GC)
Panzer Dragoon Orta (PS2, GC)
Virtua Fighter 4: Final Tuned (GC, XB, PSP)
Outrun 2 (PS2)
JSR & JSRF (GC)
Shenmue 1 & 2 (PS2)
Virtua Cop 2/3 (PS2, XB) Heck, they should do VC1 too while they are at it. But light gun shooters generally don't sell so I'm not even sure if this should be on this list.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
In addtion to Virtua Cop 3:

Lupin III: The Shooting (PS2)
Lupin III: The Typing (PS2)
Jurassic Park (PS2)

:D

jarrod

Banned
Defensor said:
In addtion to Virtua Cop 3:

Lupin III: The Shooting (PS2)
Lupin III: The Typing (PS2)
Jurassic Park (PS2)

:D
They should just bundle both together. :)

HotD2/3 should be ported to PS2 also.

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
JC10001 said:
Virtua Cop 2/3 (PS2, XB) Heck, they should do VC1 too while they are at it.

Well, Virtua Cop 1 & 2 were ported already:

vc12ps2.jpg

We just need Virtua Cop 3 :D

jarrod said:
They should just bundle both together.

HotD2/3 should be ported to PS2 also.

Agreed. Also Sega should port Confidential Mission to the PS2 along with the rest of the Sega lightgun games. :)

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I just hope that if they release VF4 FT in the US, on whichever console, they include a port of VF2 with all of the newer characters included (just like how the VF Anniversary mode had all of the series characters besides Taka). That would be awesome.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Jet Set Radio Future (GC)

I'd love to get my hands on that one, but I'm not buying an Xbox.

Shinobi

I'd like to see the following...

Most (if not all) Model 2 games ported to PSP.

Most (if not all) System 16/32 games ported to DS.

How they'd release the games would take some thought...you could go by year, by genre, or some other method. Or you just release them individually for a low price. But if Sega did this, I'd actually have a reason to give a shit about those two machines.

bionic77

Release a compilation of Virtua Cop games on one disc.

Daytona 2.

With Sega making a gun and wheel for each.

And since we are talking about something that will never happen, I would love to see PS5 as well.

doncale

Banned
Thunder Blade (1987)

Galaxy Force II (1988)

Altered Beast (1989)

Super Monaco GP (1989)

Gain Ground (1989?)

Shadow Dancer (1989)

Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder (1993?)

Daytona USA (1994)

Sega Rally Championship (1995)

Manx TT Superbike

Virtual On Cyber Troopers

The House of the Dead (1997?)

Scud Race (1997)

Sega Rally Championship 2 (1998)

Harley Davidson & LA Riders (1998)

Daytona USA 2 (BOTE, PE 1998)

Airline Pilots

Nascar Rubbin Racing

Planet Harriers

Star Wars Arcade Trilogy

Lost World Arcade

to make this short...just about every arcade game they've ever made that didn't get exact home ports...we're talking about many, many dozens of games.

AniHawk

panzerdragonsaga_euro.jpg

Please Sega, just port it to anything... Nothing about it would need to be changed. You could charge $50 for all I care, just port the fucking game.

Solid

I want Shenmue 1 for my Xbox. Oh and a port with some updated gfx of Daytona USA 2001 (DC) would be great.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
ps2 virtua cop 3 needs to happen. or xbox virtua cop 3. or hell, gc virtua cop 3, as little sense as that would make.

Alcibiades

everything to GCN basically.

Shinobi, GunValkyrie, Jet Grind Radio + Jet Set Radio Future (combo pack or something), Seaman, Samba de Amigo, Daytona, Outrun, Panzar Dragoon Orta, Virtua Fighter, etc...

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
My Light gun list updated:

The Sega Light Gun Collection for PS2

Virtua Cop Trilogy:(Virtua Cop 1, 2, & 3)
House of the Dead Trilogy:(House of the Dead 1, 2, & 3)
Sega Quadruple Pack: Confidential Mission + Jurassic Park + Gunblade + L.A. Machine Guns: Rage of the Machines
Lupin III Double Pack:(Lupin III: The Shooting/Typing)

Xbox too I guess.

AniHawk

efralope said:

This would work SO well now. Nintendo should get Vivarium to do Seaman 2 when they finish with Odama, or at least just record new sayings for the fish. Shouldn't be that hard.

bionic77

Joe said:
heres a CRAZY idea! make your games for ALL systems!! so crazy it might just work!

That makes too much sense for Sega to ever do anything like that.

How much would these ports sell anyways? Would they be on par with Nintendo ports and remakes?

nitewulf

how come jurassic park was never ported?

JP, gunblade NY, rad mobile

plus,

upgraded VC 1/2 + VC3 (in one disk) ps2/xbox
upgraded HOTD 1/2 + 3 (in one disk) ps2/xbox
upgraded Last Bronx ps2/xbox/gc
upgraded shining force 1 and 2 ps2
upgraded shining force 3 scenarios 1-3 ps2
panzer orta ps2/gc

doncale

Banned
Oh and a port with some updated gfx of Daytona USA 2001 (DC) would be great.

I'll take 2 of the DC-exclusive tracks: Rin Rin Rink and Mirmaid Lake, but everything else has to go: the control, drone car A.I., and much of the graphics engine. I actually prefer the cruder look of arcade Model 2 Daytona better, and its control, drone car A.I. - not to mention that both versions of Daytona USA 2 needs to be part of any new Daytona release.

Grimlock said:
I don't know about you guys, but I'd love to see an updated version of Fighter's Megamix.

I like that idea. They'd probably have to include a butt load of extra characters, but it could work well. You could have Ulala, Joe Mushashi, Hotsuma, Hibana, the Skies of Arcadia gang for a start (edit: can't believe I forgot Shenmue - Ryo, Lan Di, Xiuying etc.). Maybe even use it as a test bed for online implementation for future VF home ports.

It's the sort of thing that Sega could probably use. High quality games that also remind/introduce people to Sega's franchise heritage

doncale

Banned
I want Wonderboy, Alex Kidd, Shadow Dancer, Golden Axe (done properly not that 3D Ages ver.)....ThunderBlade, Galaxy Force, Ristar, Daytona, Shinning Force (already confirmed months ago)...Phantasy Star (a real RPG...i have hope in PSU) ..Sword of Vermillion (incredibly unlikely but can always hope)....

nitewulf

KyotoMecca said:
I think some of you will be surprised at the IP SEGA will be revitalising in the next 6-12 months.
That is all.

yeah, here is an idea, why dont you PM me with all that?
anyway, it dont matter...what i really want is a 3D shinobi game that will be a true successor to shinobi 3. and of course a phantasy star game.

I guess we'll find out then or are you going to do this I know something you don't business again. MSN the names to someone else on the forum if you don't want to disclose and get in trouble.. or

STFU.

BuddyC

AniHawk said:
panzerdragonsaga_euro.jpg

Please Sega, just port it to anything... Nothing about it would need to be changed. You could charge $50 for all I care, just port the fucking game.
Can't believe it took 16 posts for someone to say.

I forgot one. Maybe somebody can convince a publisher to release Virtua Racing over here in the states,this is frustrating as hell to see it being ignored.

cvxfreak

Shenmue I + II to GC and PS2, Virtua Fighter 4 FT to Xbox, Panzer Dragoon Orta to GC and PS2, Crazy Taxi 3 to GC and PS2.

nitewulf

Die Squirrel Die said:
Probably all the people holding on to mint, sealed copies of the game.

fook that, i used to ritualistically play it once a year, till my saturn's sound card got busted. which reminds me...gotta get a saturn one of these days.

Hari

Banned
I just came into this thread to say….

Wait for it….

Here it comes….

It’s the truth….

AM2 are gods. :bow

ourumov

nitewulf said:
oh yeah, definitely. not a port though. a full blown sequel plus everything from the first game. either xbox now, or xenon/ps3.

A port using 5.1 and cleaned graphics would rock...

Fatghost

Gas Guzzler
Virtua Cop 3 needs to be ported to Xbox with Xbox Live multiplayer (LAN-able VC3 = win).

Virtua Fighter 4 Final Tuned needs to be ported to Xbox Live as well.

Sega Rally 2005 should be multi console.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
KyotoMecca said:
I think some of you will be surprised at the IP SEGA will be revitalising in the next 6-12 months.
That is all.

Just become "Platform Agnostic" (remember that, Sega?) and port equal amounts of goodness to all platforms. Sammy needs to stick that FUTA of Sega right now. Hopefully TGS will reveal more.

Personally, I hope they will do the JSR + F for GCN and some VF4:FT for all platforms or at least Xbox.

TheGreenGiant said:
I guess we'll find out then or are you going to do this I know something you don't business again. MSN the names to someone else on the forum if you don't want to disclose and get in trouble.. or

STFU.

Fine, you ungrateful retch! It ain't about knowing something you don't. It's about tellin ya there is shit to look forward to, and a lot of it. Wouldn't you rather know that? If not then FINE. FFS. (PS Like MSNing the names to someone is a way around it, jesus)

Top Bottom