• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with consle specific references

NotMSRP

Tales of Symphonia GC
Viewtiful Joe GC
MGS Twin Snakes
Snatcher

Any others?

What the hell happened to my o in the topic? Can't edit. GAF is teh sux!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Grabbed by the Goulies ($4.99 edition :p) features a giant XBOX box that you can bash open.

I believe Midtown Madness 3 also had people carrying giant XBOX boxes through the town.

belgurdo

Banned
I think there's a platformer, Shockman or some other, where you can pick up Super Famicoms for points

And don't forget Ninja Gaiden XB

Edit: Megaman Battle Network-Dex has most representations of Nintendo systems in his house

jedimike

RSC 1 had the ice car with the nice Xbox paint job... Sports games (Links, Amped, Top Spin, etc.) will have lots of Microsoft and Xbox ads all over.

ge-man

I don't know if anyone has confirmed what this is, but I remember in the first level of Rebel Strike when you are on foot, at the right of the room with the computer equipment this a giant green X. I think F5 were taking jab at the Xbox but I haven't seen anyone else mention that spot.

NotMSRP

Doesn't have to be consoles themselves but properties that belong to only one console like Nintendo characters or music. Third parties using Nintendo's IP for example, such as VJ whistling the Mario tune.

ge-man said:
I don't know if anyone has confirmed what this is, but I remember in the first level of Rebel Strike when you are on foot, at the right of the room with the computer equipment this a giant green X. I think F5 were taking jab at the Xbox but I haven't seen anyone else mention that spot.

There's the same X in the movies apparently. On some screens.

Brofist

Wasn't there an Xbox racing game that actually had PS2 logos on some of the cars (I'm assuming it was for the sake of ad accuracy)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
oh, and one of the playable ships in star parodier is a pc engine. it shoots cd's and hucards!

Solid

kpop100 said:
Wasn't there an Xbox racing game that actually had PS2 logos on some of the cars (I'm assuming it was for the sake of ad accuracy)
Yes, that's true. I believe it was TOCA2.

Breakdown = Xboxes in multiple offices throughout the game
MotorToon Grand Prix (JP only 1st game) = giant Playstation you race past in the house course

ChrisReid

In the Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seaons.. if you were playing on a then-brand-new GBA, a guy in a cave would say "Hey, it seems your life is advaced" or something like that. Millions of first party Nintendo games have Nintendo consoles littered about within.

aoi tsuki

i seem to remember there being an old-school Mega CD in the game Panic.

The Virtualoids in the original Virtual On have Saturns on their backs.

In Zelda: Four Swords, a GBA SP screen pops up when the other three characters are waiting for the forth to finish doing something on the GBA. i was playing it yesterday, and three of us had SPs and the one with the standard GBA couldn't see, so he used the on-screen SP to navigate.

In a stage in PSO: Ep. 1&2, the "crates" you destroy to reveal powerups look suspiciously like Xboxes. Wonder what they look like in the Xbox version.

Agent X

Missile Command 3D for the Atari Jaguar has three modes of play: Original, 3D, and Virtual. When playing Original mode, you could play the game full-screen, or with the screen image texture-mapped onto three different polygonal objects (which could be zoomed or rotated at will using the numeric keypad). The three objects you could choose from were an arcade cabinet, a TV, and an Atari Lynx.

Here's a picture of the Lynx within the Jaguar game:

missilecommand3d_Lynx.jpg

DOAXBV - You could buy a Prototype Xbox. Interestingly, all the girls hate or dislike that gift except for Tina the American. :)

Just thought of something...

Reading this thread and going by my own memories, it seems like there's a lot of self-promotion in GC and XBox games but I can't remember too many PS2 games that had PS2 stuff in it.

Hellraizah

The Shadow said:
Just thought of something...

Reading this thread and going by my own memories, it seems like there's a lot of self-promotion in GC and XBox games but I can't remember too many PS2 games that had PS2 stuff in it.
Well, there's a song in Tony Hawk 3 where Redman mentions Playstation 2 in the PS2 version, but he is censored in the GameCube and Xbox versions.

Hellraizah said:
Well, there's a song in Tony Hawk 3 where Redman mentions Playstation 2 in the PS2 version, but he is censored in the GameCube and Xbox versions.

I'm sure there's some examples. But look at this thread. There's not a lot of PS2 references compared to GC and Xbox. Just thought that was strange.

cvxfreak

Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow/Green - SNES in bedroom (SFC in Japanese version)
Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - N64 in bedroom
Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire - GameCube in bedroom
Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green - Famicom in bedroom (Probably will be a NES in US version)

THE NINTENDO SET IS COMPLETE

WarPig

Gran Turismo 3 has GT and PlayStation-liveried cars. Ditto GT4, which features the PlayStation-sponsored Le Mans prototype entry and probably other cars with GT logos.

DFS.

Gattsu25

Banned
The Shadow said:
I'm sure there's some examples. But look at this thread. There's not a lot of PS2 references compared to GC and Xbox. Just thought that was strange.

No need for in-game marketing? :b

Top Bottom