• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

games you wish would get announced

Kon Tiki

Banned
Rise of Nations DS ( only a matter of time :D)
Shadowrun Xbox 2
I would say System Shock 3, but I do not want EA involved.

Soul4ger

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2
Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter 2
Pikmin DS
A new motherfucking Castlevania
Klonoa 3

And, perhaps most of all...

Gitaroo Man 2

epmode

a TURN-BASED sequel/remake of x-com. with fully-destructible environments and online play. i would kill for this.

(and yes, i know about xenocide)

hobbitx

Joe said:
"EA announces new Road Rash game for all systems and playable on Xbox Live"

*drool*

Exactly, I want a real RR sequel that uses the exact same sleak art style from the Sega titles in 3d. Hell, I'd also love it if they set the game in the mid 90's to give it a period peice edge, but I'd be cool with a modern setting.

Exactly why is EA just sitting on that franchise? Did the last few RR titles do that bad? I thought RR64 was great.

Virtua Fighter 5 - I realise the topics about games will less certainty about being released, but if there is one game that I absolutely cannot wait for to be unveiled it's VF5, even if it'll be years before I get to play it, with announcement, then arcade version, then home port announcement then Japanese and US releases and finally PAL before I get to play it.

More wishful thinking ones.
- BG&E sequel (the whole planned trilogy would be even nicer).
- A new Strike game (I share the 'why is EA sitting on this franchise perplexion of the RR people)
- New Castlevania

Some Sega ones.
- Skies of Arcadia sequel
- Sega Rally 3
- New JSR

I would say a new Shenmue, but what I want Sega to do is save Shenmue for the next-gen and then start afresh from beginning taking into account all the feedback from players.

Startropics 3 and Kid Icarus 2. Preferably on GBA.

A new Persona game would be wonderful, but I'm happy with the SMT games as of right now.

doncale

Banned
Herzog Zwei remake or sequal
Military Madness / Nectaris remake or sequel
Panzer Dragoon Orta sequel
Daytona LIVE / Daytona 3
Phantasy Star 5 (might be part of PSU, officially, yes!)
Daytona USA 2 (both versions and Outrun2 doesnt count)
Harley Davidson & LA Riders
Ghouls N Ghosts sequel
WonderBoy sequel
Alex Kidd sequel
Pilotwings sequel
Actraiser sequel

Alex

I don't really want to form a list, but I wanna say I'd love to see a console version of Diablo 2. Sporting co-op it'd be a blast.

I believe the original Diablo was ported to PSX, did it have two player...?

Tellaerin

Zone of the Enders 3
Ridge Racer VI
Gunstar Heroes 2 (hey, they did Guardian Heroes Advance... it could happen!)
Phantasy Star V (a real sequel, no more of this dungeon hack/CCG stuff :) )

Alex said:
I believe the original Diablo was ported to PSX, did it have two player...?

Yep. :) Had a great time beating it with a friend of mine... I've still got the memory card with our characters on it around here someplace.

SKluck

Banned
Starcraft 2.
Total Annihilation 2, made by Chris Taylor with the TA license bought by microsoft.
Sequel to Conker
Skies of Arcadia 2.
Blast Corps 2.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
MegaMan 8 style remakes of MM 1-7 and MM&B
Megaman X4 style remakes of MMX1-3
A true 3D Megaman game set in the original universe. None of that Legends crap.
Megaman Network Transmission 2
PN03 2
Actraiser 3
Star Tropics 3
Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter Alpha 4 (everyone in SFA3U, plus all the remaining SF1 guys and some more Final Fight characters)
Another entry in the Soul Blazer/Terranigma/Illusion of Gaia series

Soul4ger

JC10001 said:
A true 3D Megaman game set in the original universe. None of that Legends crap.

What say you?! Argh, Mega Man Legends 2 was awesome. Two more sequels I want: Misadventures of Tron Bonne 2 and Mega Man Legends 3.

doncale said:
Herzog Zwei remake or sequal
Panzer Dragoon Orta sequel
Daytona LIVE / Daytona 3
Phantasy Star 5 (might be part of PSU, officially, yes!)
Daytona USA 2 (both versions and Outrun2 doesnt count)
Harley Davidson & LA Riders
Ghouls N Ghosts sequel
WonderBoy sequel
Alex Kidd sequel

all of these games above Plus Burning Rangers remake, and a nights Remake. a new Beyond Oasis in 3d with cell shaded graphics with fluid animation

Alex

I don't think you could get a non-puke worthy version of Pikmin running on a DS. Isn't it about on par with an N64 in terms of visuals?

I hate to sound like a graphics whore, but part of the charm to me is how absolutely stunning and lush Pikmin 1 & 2 look (espically Pikmin 2, it's insane).

I don't see why you'd want to dumb it all down simply to insert the stylus over an already great control scheme, maybe I am missing something though.

demi

UbiSoft admits wrongdoing and announces Beyond Good & Evil sequel!

EA announces Freedom Fighters sequel!

jiggle

Crystalis 2
Chrono Break
Final Fantasy VIII-2
Final Fantasy VII-2
Final Fantasy Tactics 2
Final Fantasy VII-IX remakes
Valkyrie Profile II
Dark Cloud 3
Breath of Fire VI
Naruto RPG or MMORPG
Eternal Arcadia II
Lunar III
Grandia III
Destiny of an Emperor 3

SunDog 2 :)

sundogbox.gif

Details of the SunDog Resurrection Project can be found at : http://www.bfwa.com/sundog/

Valkyrie Profile 2
Skies of Arcadia 2
Vagrant Story 2
Grandia 3
Grandia Xtreme 2
Final Fantasy IV Remake
Final Fantasy VI Remake
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Tales of Symphonia 2
Phantasy Star V
Tales of Destiny '2' for the US
The Legend of Zelda RPG
Lunar 3
Lufia 3
A new turn-based RPG from Square-Enix

Memles

Banjo-Kazooie 3 (DS)

Mario Party Anthology - All Mini-Games (They can take SOME out if they repeat or sucked) from the first five titles, boards from all five done in the style of MP5, combined into one giant game. Price it at $50, let the Microphone peripheral sell Mario Party 6 outside of the other titles to avoid people saying "I get more with this one" and you've got an ULTIMATE GameCube Party Games that could be the best thing to happen to the franchise.

Loki

Count of Concision
Blaster Master updated edition (same levels/weapons/bosses/layout except with revised graphics

A traditional Phantasy Star RPG

A Flashback (Genesis) sequel which stayed true to all its best elements (atmosphere, futuristic milieu, precise mechanics which had to be mastered etc.)

A Metal Gear game more akin to the original Metal Gear, which was more action- and task-based as opposed to story based, with a wealth of useful items and weapons; it really made you feel like you were all alone in the middle of a jungle with hostile enemies lurking about. No other MG game has featured that type of tense atmosphere imo, though they had an ambience of their own.

Another absolutely flawless Mario game (what little I played of Sunshine didn't impress me to nearly the same degree that Mario 64 did way back when). Barring that, a 2-d sequel to Yoshi's Island (SNES), which was packed the most originality (in mechanics, visuals, you name it) of any platformer ever, 'til this day.

A 2-d Castlevania game which retained that atmosphere and inventory options of C2: Simon's Quest while still maintaining the awesome mechanics of C4 and branching paths/characters/abilities of C3.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
System shock 3, using doom3's engine :eek:
Anachronox 2
Skies of arcadia 2
Longbow 3
Descent Freespace 3

None will ever happen :( Only SoA2 has any chances since the devs still have the license and are still alive, unlike the rest of that list.

Miburou

Panzer Dragoon Saga 2

Vagrant Story 2 (not necessarily featuring the same cast)

Parasite Eve 3

Shadow of Destiny 2

Dino Crisis 4 (more like DC2, less than the two others)

Top Bottom