• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GameScience] New Famitsu DS vs PSP survey

Meier

The latest Famitsu article in a long-running build-up for the upcoming PSP vs DS sales battle asks consumers and stores alike a set of direct questions regarding the machines. The results taken from 102 stores and 383 users (who completed the Famitsu.com survey) follow:

Code:
Are you fascinated by the machine?
	PSP	        Nintendo DS
	Stores	Users	Stores	Users
Yes	66.7%	58.6%	74.5%	73.6%
No	9.8%	21.8%	11.8%	13.1%
Und.	23.5%	19.6%	13.7%	13.3%

How do you feel about the design?
	PSP	        Nintendo DS
Good	77.5%	54.4%	28.6%	46.2%
Not Good 8.2%	20.0%	44.9%	23.6%
Und.    14.3%	25.6%	26.5%	30.2%

Are you looking forward to the games?
	PSP	        Nintendo DS
Yes	47.0%	35.9%	51.0%	63.7%
No	6.0%	35.6%	9.8%	9.9%
Und.	47.0%	28.5%	39.2%	26.4%

Which do you think will sell most?
	       Stores	Users	Famitsu
PSP	        23.5%	36.9%	33.3%
Nintendo DS	51.0%	51.9%	41.2%
Undecided	25.5%	11.2%	25.5%

Most wanted game for PSP according to stores and users (respectively): Metal Gear Acid, Metal Gear Acid
Most wanted game for DS according to stores and users (respectively): New Super Mario Bros, Gyakuten Saiban

More at link -- http://game-science.com/news/000673.html

Kon Tiki

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
WTF? Ac!d is number 1 for both consumers a retailers? Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea for them to go card based with it.
I am sure Metal Gear Anthing would of been number one.

AniHawk

Most wanted game for DS according to stores and users (respectively): New Super Mario Bros, Gyakuten Saiban

DS. Mario is on Nintendo systems. And a couple times on Coleco and Atari, but that was just one big drunken misunderstanding.

Interesting, the scores for the DS are even higher than the previous survey, Maybe the new design turned more heads than before, but eh the design question made me think otherwise. Anywho, thanks for news.

AniHawk

Meier said:
The latest Famitsu article in a long-running build-up for the upcoming PSP vs DS sales battle asks consumers and stores alike a set of direct questions regarding the machines. The results taken from 102 stores and 383 users (who completed the Famitsu.com survey) follow:

Code:
	PSP	        Nintendo DS
Yes	66.7%	58.6%	74.5%	73.6%
No	9.8%	21.8%	11.8%	13.1%
Und.	23.5%	19.6%	13.7%	13.3%

PSP	        Nintendo DS
Good	77.5%	54.4%	28.6%	46.2%
Doesn't 8.2%	20.0%	44.9%	23.6%
Und.    14.3%	25.6%	26.5%	30.2%

PSP	        Nintendo DS
Yes	47.0%	35.9%	51.0%	63.7%
No	6.0%	35.6%	9.8%	9.9%
Und.	47.0%	28.5%	39.2%	26.4%

Stores	Users	Famitsu
PSP	        23.5%	36.9%	33.3%
Nintendo DS	51.0%	51.9%	41.2%
Undecided	25.5%	11.2%	25.5%

Most wanted game for PSP according to stores and users (respectively): Metal Gear Acid, Metal Gear Acid

More at link -- http://game-science.com/news/000673.html

Who thinks which machine is more fascinating?
Stores: Nintendo DS
Users: Nintendo DS

Which machine looks better?
Stores: PSP
Users: PSP

Which system has more games you look forward to?

Which do you think will sell more?
Famitsu: Nintendo DS

And these things are always right. They're created by the smartest guys in the magazine business.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ac!d is probably my most antcipated PSP game (from what's announced) as well, just because it's an original game. And it kinda looks like a strategy turn based game with cards, and I like my strategy on handhelds :p

Wario64 said:
Ac!d is probably my most antcipated PSP game (from what's announced) as well, just because it's an original game. And it kinda looks like a strategy turn based game with cards, and I like my strategy on handhelds :p

It's probably my most anticipated just because of what it is. I'm interested in seeing how it turns out since it is Team Kojima making it, just without Kojima being in the directors chair. I also want to know what he means about it being the most stylish MG so far since he doesn't seem to consider his game stylish.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Weren't there rumblings that either Capcom or Nintendo were thinking of localizing the Gyakuten Saiban series? Obviously it seemed to decrease into a matter of waste.

P90

I will uncharacteristically come to the misbegotten PSP's defense here, as surveys are far from scientific.

jarrod

Banned
Famitsu knows nothing... here's what The Emperor thinks...

PSP~ Yes
Nintendo DS~ Yes

PSP~ Looks good
Nintendo DS~ Looks good

PSP~ Yes
Nintendo DS~ Yes

Top 5 most wanted games for PSP:
01 Ys: The Ark of Napishtam
02 DarkStalkers Chronicle
03 New Ridge Racer
04 Puyo Pop Fever
05 Mercury

Top 5 most wanted games for Nintendo DS:
01 Pac-Pix/Pac'n Roll
02 Super Mario 64x4
03 Mario Kart DS
04 Nanostray
05 Egg Monster Heroes

Expected price point:
PSP~ $299.99
Nintendo DS~ $179.99

Undecided

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
If Square-Enix is supporting it, then it will succeed in Japan. So these don't really surprise me at all.

Brofist

That's expected, especially the stores...they know Nintendo handhelds don't bomb. But the high price of the PSP makes it kind of unpredictable to the store owners.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
SE on NDS will lead to much more significant results than Square no the Wonderswan. I can't imagine that anyone would actually suggest otherwise.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The price point can be a gauge to depict on whether it will be successful or not, but shouldn't we all just shut up and wait for storm?

Whatever happened to the N-Gage hype, there were some people saying it was the death of GameBoy as we knew it since mobile/cell phone gaming was and still is popular somewhat. Same could be said to Sega's GameGear.

It's best to just wait for shit like this, especially when Nintendo's handheld industry seems to be unstoppable.

Top Bottom