• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 review

Docpan

Budokai 3 + ONE point = As good as Half Life 2.

And they did it in less than one year.
Valve am crying. :(

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
ohsnap4.gif

tenchir

Defensor said:
the woman in my life :D :p

Derail mode DEACTIVATED

Derail mode REACTIVATED.

Holy shit, she looks like my cousin. She also has the facial feature of my younger brother too. This is really creepy.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
belgurdo said:
Capcom Fighting Jam="REHASH REHASH REHASH FUX U CAPCOM 6.4"

Budokai 3="HAY GUYS THANX FOR TEH MONEY 8.2"

I really want to hear a good explanation for how DBZ Budokai 3 is a better fighting game than Capcom Fighting Jam from someone at Gamespot.

MarkRyan

Sam Houser fucked my wife
Lyte Edge said:
I really want to hear a good explanation for how DBZ Budokai 3 is a better fighting game than Capcom Fighting Jam from someone at Gamespot.
Judging by the video review (which is how I judge all editorial pieces--don't get me started on the ones with no video accompaniment), Budokai 3 is a better DBZ game than Capcom Fighting Jam is a fighting game. If that makes sense.

In other words, Budokai still isn't a real fighting game. It's still for five-year-olds.

aoi tsuki

Some of the additions (teleports and beam attack power struggles) should've been there from the beginning, as a game that's recreating the experience from an anime that's been replicated in game form for decades. i have the same problem with Naruto on Gamecube. At it's core, both Naruto games are weak fighters (even by anime fighting game standards), with some additional modes and cool factor of being able to play as your favorite anime characters. Each game adds more characters, visual tweaks, and things which are greatly mostly superfluous addtions unless you're a fan of the series. As much as i love Naruto, i can't look past the gameplay, which is just... lacking.

Even with Capcom Fighting Evolution's rehashed sprites and gameplay, the core gameplay is tried-and-true, varied, and simply better as a fighter than a lot of other fighters, and i'd presume Budokai 3 would be one of them. i could see the overall package of Budokai 3 being more appealing, possibly leading to a higher score.

AssMan

Banned
GAF PWNED!!!!!111 LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Seriously. The developers said in an interview that this is the true sequel to the first game. Atari made them rush the second and weren't allowed to do the things they wanted to. You got teleporting now to string up more combos, AWESOME cell shading, A build up mode, the main storyline is a lot like the Legacy of Goku series where you fly around earth to progress the storyline, and a lot more. I'll be definately picking this one up.

I have a secret, I actually like these DragonBall Z games for what they are. They are actually some of the best Dragon Ball Z games ever created. I liked the first game because it was true to the series, and was something to pick up and play. The sequel was decent as well. I will probably be grabbing a copy of this as well. I know many elitist will complain and compare it to theit favorite fighting game (i.e. VF4, Tekken, Soul Calibur), and talk about the games weaknesses, but I enjoy this sappy series. I like the anime and I like the games.

I'm curious how the Yu Yu Hakusho game turned out as well. I love the series, but I don't know if the game is any good (i.e. I haven't heard anything, or anyone raving). So I'm expecting it to flop.

ElyrionX

Sounds good. Is this only out for the PS2? Is there an Xbox version?

I'm a huge DBZ fan and I missed out ont he first two Budokai. I may pick this one up though....

Top Bottom