• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(GameSpot) Greg Kasavin FABLE Preview video

Check this out!

Video

516688_20040827_screen004.jpg

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Kasavin sounds fairly impressed (or as much as is possible, given his monotone nature). We should be able to expect at least a 7.3 or so from gamespot ;b

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
I'm sure Kasavin is a good guy. He's smart and well versed, and (since I know he visits the board) I hope he doesn't take offense to this...

I swear he's confused criticism with vampirism. When I read a review which leaves a game laying on the ground, sucked of all marrow, I know I'll find Greg's name at the end. And it doesn't even matter how high a score he finally gives it, the tone always strikes me as melancholy and arid.

Prepare yourselves. :)

shpankey

not an idiot
I'm sticking with 8.3, but I will say it will be a weird review in that he will praise it highly the whole review. He will take off mostly for the lack of longevity and a few nitpicks, stated as such.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
God this guy is terrible at speaking. Why don't they hire an actor or give these guys extensive public speaking courses. He seems like a bright & personable guy but his voice is just awful and he has such boring mannerisms. It's funny hearing him talk about how much fun or exciting the game is in such a mundane voice.

Oh and the exact opposite or EXTREME ANNOUNCERS are far far worse. Kasavin is godly compared to those shmucks.

EDIT: Sorry this wasn't meant to be a slam on Kasavin. I just think that GameSpot needs to either hire professionals or put their writers through extensive public speaking courses in order to do a "GREAT" job on these previews. Right now the writing is decent but there is no emotion or excitement and it just comes off lifeless. Hell I've read PR e-mail that have more excitement than these videos.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
he's not NEAR the worst guy they put in front of a camera over there. He's fucking Liberace on crack compared to some of their video-reviewers and gamespotting fodder.

Goreomedy said:
I'm sure Kasavin is a good guy. He's smart and well versed, and (since I know he visits the board)

Oh That's true?

GREG, you are indeed the worst reviewer in gaming today, and you bore me whenever I get to see a video review by you. Please spare me the pain give others the fun of reviewing long-awaited games.

Che

Banned
The Bookerman said:
Oh That's true?

GREG, you are indeed the worst reviewer in gaming today, and you bore me whenever I get to see a video review by you. Please spare me the pain give others the fun of reviewing long-awaited games.

Yeah let's review the hype of the game instead of the game itself like IGN does!

Top Bottom