• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamespot RESISTANCE Tournament!!!

Maggot9

Banned
Game Type - Assault
Minimum Players - 17
Maximum Players - 24
Timer - 20 minutes (total time can be up to 60 mins if players play all 3 games)
Game rounds - 3
Initiate Round - Off
Private game - Yes
Late Join - Yes
Map Vote - No
Allow Spectators - Yes (for GameSpot Admins only)
Map Options - default
Weapon Options - default

Game Options
Number of Lives - Off
One - Hit Kills - No
Health Regeneration - Yes

Game Mode Options
Player Species - Mixed

Maps
Elimination Phase 1 map - Nottingham (32)
Elimination Phase 2 map - Somerset (32)
Elimination Phase 3 map - Grimsby (32)
Quarterfinal Round map - Nottingham (32)
Semifinal Round map - Somerset (32)
Final map - Grimsby (32)

Match Definitions
MATCH - Best of three games played. A team must win two games to win a match.
GAME - One round played on a map
WIN - The game will display the winning team. Two game wins will equal the winning team for a given match.

WE NEED TEAMS!

Firewire

Banned
theBishop said:
Gamespot is running a Resistance tournament this week.

Please join my team #63:

I'd join but seriously I don't want to hold you back, or make your team look bad. :lol

Safe Bet

Banned
Firewire said:
I'd join but seriously I don't want to hold you back, or make your team look bad. :lol
I'm up for the b team if any other mediocre players want to play in the tournament for shits and giggles.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
Just signed up on Tanod's team (122). Lets discuss this further in some resistance matches tonight. is it a clan night? I wouldn't know cause im on every day :D

M3Freak

Banned
We've got mystery men on team 93. Does anyone know 'daveman3' or 'xXhyper_sniperXx' ?

Any other GAF teams? We're missing a few really important players from our clan on 93. :( Still, should be fun.

Kittonwy

Banned
M3Freak said:
We've got mystery men on team 93. Does anyone know 'daveman3' or 'xXhyper_sniperXx' ?

Any other GAF teams? We're missing a few really important players from our clan on 93. :( Still, should be fun.

They'd better not be non-gaffers. Me no like non-gaffers.
angry.gif

tanod

when is my burrito
M3Freak said:

Maybe daveman3 is davepoobond and xXhyper_sniperXx is efertlis??? I have no idea.

Hope you guys don't mind that I (td19) signed up even though I'm not a "regular" per say any more. I'll be on this weekend though.

M3Freak

Banned
Aeon712 said:
We'll have to get in contact with these two, Last tourny had people no showing from other teams that were randonmly put togather. And wtf no Bob I demand a recount.

We're stupid. Just this morning I figured out what we should have done: told everyone last night that we were playing RFoM with to sign up on team 93, even if they weren't playing. Then, the other regulars that actually can and do want to join could have got on the wait list, or just co-ordinated with one of the "extra" guys when they dropped out, leaving a space open.

Stupid is us.

Aeon712

I love the fact that we can have alternates since my work schedule might conflict with the tourney like the 1st rd. If we win someone can have my PSP since I just bought one. I just wanna play :lol.

Just saw people that use subs and the people that are the sub don't get prizes :(.

TONX

From the FAQ. I've highlighted all the important parts for the people participating.

3. REGISTRATION

3.1 Can I use a name other than my GameSpot profile user name?
The name you register under on the Tournament page is your GameSpot user name. This is tied to your GameSpot registered username and you must have this to register for the Tournament. Once you register, you will have a chance to insert your PlayStation® Network account on the Tournament page.

3.2 I've registered for the Tournament. What do I do next?
You will receive an e-mail confirming your registration and time slot. It will also contain instructions for your next match. You must check in on the Tournament site before your time slot. Read on for more details about the check-in process.

3.3 What should I do after I have registered for a timeslot?
Keep an eye on your timeslot at all times until registration closes. If anyone withdraws from your timeslot, make sure you have waitlisted players before registration closes. Post a message in the GameSpot Tournaments forum for other players to join your timeslot. Wait-listed players are also considered substitutes and will be allowed to replace players during the Tournament, provided that a rostered player is not able to compete in a round. Please note: When a substitute replaces a player on the roster, this removes the rostered player's rights to the confirmed roster.

3.4 None of my clanmates are GameSpot registrants to the website. What can I do?
There is one GameSpot subscription per individual. Therefore, each clan mate who wishes to participate in this Tournament (or any subsequent Tournaments) must sign up for a monthly or annual Total Access subscription.

3.5 If I am put on the waiting list, how will I know if I am able to get in the Tournament?
You will receive an e-mail stating that you are able to participate. Because many Tournament players do not show up for their matches, you should always show up and sign in during roll call for the time slot requested, even if you are only on the waiting list. This will ensure you maximum visibility to GameSpot Admins who may be seeking a replacement for your time slot. NOTE: When you check in, make sure to join chat and let the GameSpot Admins know you are there. There are situations when GameSpot Admins are looking for replacements who are in Tournament chat, but they are AFK or unavailable. If you want to participate, the best thing for you to do is be available.

3.6 When do I designate a team leader?
Once you have registered for a timeslot, use the "vote for leader" option in GameSpot My Headquarters. Your designated leader will continue to set up your team structure and be the single point of contact for GameSpot to communicate with your team. Note: It is not required that all players choose a leader, but the ones who do are more likely to get a leader they desire.

I wish there was a way for you to boot out players you know aren't part of your clan. but im hoping if we can talk to a GameSpot Admin, he'll work that out.

tanod

when is my burrito
Got this email today:

Players of GameSpot's Resistance tournament,

Below you will find some important information regarding this competition. Please read this thoroughly to ensure that you are ware of the weapon restriction addition to the tournament format.

1) Minor Format change: We have added a rule that will disallow the use of the Laark. The tournament rules page will display this on Monday when staff can change this in the system. In the meantime all of you are being contacted about this and a tournament post has been made in the tournament forum. There should be no disputes that teams were NOT aware of this minor format change.

To clarify, the rules will be changed to: Weapon Options - Laark turned off

2) Adding the Admins PSN: Because there are 1280 players plus waitlisters, the rule that states you need to add the Admins is no longer required. However, please do add the GameSpot Admin's PSN 1 hr before your match. The PSN will be listed in My Headquarters. An admin may start adding players some time on Monday for the matches as well but it does speed up the process to ensure your match starts on time if you add the admin as a friend.

3) Requesting Team name change: Please reference the FAQ in 5.5, it describes in detail about how to do this.

4) Designating a Team Captain: Players can vote for their leader through My Headquarters and this must occur before registration closes on Monday.

5) Waitlisters: Some of the teams that have a full roster don't have any waitlist players. Remember, when registration closes, no one else may join this tournament. If you have any friends that you know will show for a match when needed, please contact them to sign up. Teams that have a good amount of waitlisters have a better chance of playing in the tournament. If you would like to know how waitlisters (aka substitutes) work, please read section 5.2 in the FAQ,

6) Shorthanded rosters: For those of you who don't have a full roster yet please recruit your friends. The tournament is free and they have nothing to lose. When Monday comes around and tournament registration is closed, if your team doesnt have the amount of players please reference the FAQ where we state that an admin may move you around to get you on a team that needs you.

Note: Do NOT respond to this email, it doesnýt allow responses. Please reference our signature on how to contact us.

Thank you,

GameSpot Admins
gameadmin@gamespot.com

TONX

Looks like we're the only team so far with an actual name and not a number. :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
It would seem that we actually have to play somebody on Wednesday. No first round bye for us. :(

tanod

when is my burrito
D3MO said:
Team GAF owned on phase 1?

Yeah. We played a good team. First ones in the tournament to actually have to play a round. :( I would have liked to at least make it to the 2nd round.

The tournament was also a mess. The game admin didn't know what the fuck was going on. Check the official MP thread for more details.

Top Bottom