• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop/Ebgames DVD trade in question

Tortfeasor

Is there a set price for trading in DVD movies for in store credit, or does it vary disc to disc? If there is a set price, does anyone know how much it is (for each chain)?

BuddyC

Duder, let me clue you in on something. You're going to get damn near nothing. I was in an EB that was selling Angel Season 3, a $50 DVD set, for $13.99 used. Think of how much credit they must have given for it, probably $7-8. The credit you get depends on the disc.

Now, Blockbuster's doing a great deal where they gurantee you $8 per DVD, at least, as long as it rings into their system, which is damn near anything (minus Music DVDs, bands and things like Happy Tree Friends or some obscure anime). If they have a GameRush, well, you can use that credit to buy games. If not, use it to buy DVDs instead.

It varies from disc to disc, some are actually decent value. I do belive there is a coupon in the current GMR magazine for an extra $2 per DVD trade in value. (This is for EB stores)

Top Bottom