• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestore Employee Idiocy Thread #C-6879

Matlock

Banned
After Buddy's glowing impressions of Technic Beat, I decided to go down to GameStop to look for it.

Him: "Can I help you?"
Matlock: "Yes, I'm looking for Technic Beat."
H: "Hrrrm" *after looking at monitor for a second, and not imputting anything* "We don't have it in, maybe next week. Would you like to preorder Halo 2?"
M: "Nah, Wal-Mart broke street."
H: "But...that's not the final version!"
M: "..." *walks out slowly*

Belfast

Heh, apparently my Gamestop got Technic Beat in today. TWO WHOLE COPIES. I wasn't really expecting them to come in on a Saturday and my friend grabbed one copy. Apparently some dick employee held the only other copy for himself. :( And guess what? No re-orders!

No other store in town carries it, unless by some freak chance Best Buy gets it at some point. Looks like I'm going to have to go online for it. :\

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
My personal favorite is when they obvious have some sort of fan boy agenda and start making chiding comments about your purchase and how it is grossly inferior to <insert whatever the hell here>. Seriously, I dont go to Gap and have someone tell me how much better Cargo pants are to boot cut jeans.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Society said:
Walmart sell warez! Martha Stewart was really a piracy kingpin.

Actually they do. I bought Wild Arms 3 from Walmart and I got a DVD-R copy of the game, I shit you not.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
I'd just like to chip in that in two stores in the US (Florida) when i went over there, i got really awesome service from several different employees who were all friendly, talkative, and informed.

ChrisReid

DCharlie said:
I'd just like to chip in that in two stores in the US (Florida) when i went over there, i got really awesome service from several different employees who were all friendly, talkative, and informed.

That's good. Usually when you find a store that does things right, most of the staff will be okay. I'm sure message board jockeys make snide and condescending remarks to them all day however. What people don't get is that the rude stupid game store clerks and cynical superior customers are the same exact people with different jobs.

Ecrofirt

Wario64 said:
Actually they do. I bought Wild Arms 3 from Walmart and I got a DVD-R copy of the game, I shit you not.

A few months ago, there was a CD-R in one of the cases on sale at a local music store. The thing was there for like a month, just sitting in the case along with the rest of the music.

Top Bottom