• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GANBARE GOEMON!!!

samusx

Banned
For those that are not in the know of this game, is it called Legend of the Mystical Ninja in North America. Ever since the first time I rented this game as a child I have been in love with it. My child hood love of Japan was fullfilled by this game. It gave me a little taste of Japan through video games. It has been one of my most loved games because of the traditional Japanese feel that the games have always given me. Be it the music, or scenery. I love this game so much. I really have been sad by the last couple games Konami has made in the series. They don't follow the formula that made the others great. I really hope we see Goemon and friends come back in true form on the next coming systemts. And just to ask, does anybody know where I can download the Goemon Soundtracks from the N64 games?

Who else here wants Goemon to return?

Say it with me, (like an idiot) GANBARE GOEMON!!!!!

Mjunter

Indeed..the snes version was a game that I played through repeatedly and never did get bored of. The N64 versions were also very fun.

samusx

Banned
I think the first N64 game was amazingly exciting for me. It tried its best to be a 3D representation of what the Goemon world might look like in 3D. It was not perfect but for one of Konami's first 3D platformer games and such an early time for N64 it was an amazing job. It gave me such great hope for the future of Ganbare Goemon. Then the 2nd Goemon game came out for n64. It was cool, it did what so many games are scared to do. It kept the cool 2D gameplay but gave all the fans a full 3D world, fantastic. The next full 3D Goemon for the PS2 was a travasty. It was borderline N64 in graphic presentation, and the art sucked monsterous ass.

I just really hope there is another fully 3D Goemon game that they really spend time to make good. Please Please Please.

belgurdo

Banned
I find it weird that during this recent push of "omg its got feudal era Japanese stuffs in it port it" publishing, we haven't seen a single Goemon game over here since the two N64 games. Is something wrong with them, are they too weird for the US market, or something else?

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wasn't WD working on porting one but they ran into some troubles getting it through SCEA's approval process?

djtiesto said:
Wasn't WD working on porting one but they ran into some troubles getting it through SCEA's approval process?

That was the PS2 game, and for once, SCEA did the right thing. That game is AWFUL.

Ecrofirt

Mystical Ninja on Nintendo 64 is one of my favorite games.

I HIGHLY recommend it you anyone who hasn't played it. It's superb.

Ask Jonnyboy. He knows I love it (Impacto!)

ballhog

The N64 games are great, I like the 2d one a little better, but mostly just because it's more like the SNES mystical ninja. I should go hook up my SNES and play it, I always get stuck at the boss with the chest on his back that you get to after climbing the waterfall, any one got any tips on kicking that guys ass? I am determined to rescue princess Yuki, or whatever the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

Boogie

+1 Goemon/Mystical Ninja love

The SNES version was great, and the first N64 game was one of the first games to really do a great job at making a huge 3D world to explore, IMO. And I loved its bizarre sense of humour.

Senretsu

The sequel was pretty fun with the two player mode. It was just like the SNES version almost, 2 1/2D. I think it was called Goemon's Great Adventure.

Anyone play that GBA goemon that came out a long time ago?

The original Famicom one was not very fun, but the series truly found itself on the SF/SNES. And I need to get my hands on the two N64 titles.

jarrod

Banned
neo2046 said:
YES! SNES version are the best :D

http://www.konamistudio.com/new/goe1_2/
and no one knows?
Konami will port SNES version's GOEMON 1 & 2 to GBA
and the game will be released in Japan in Winter
I am not sure the game will go to to US or not though
Hott!! These better come to America, it's nice to see KCES rescuing the franchise from KCET too. I wouldn't mind if the DS Ganbare Goemon is a collected port of the two N64 games either. :)

Miburou

I bought the GBA port of the very first Goemon when I was in Japan. Fun game, especially since it's almost 20 years old.

And the first N64 Goemon is one of my favorite games on that system.

Wasn't ther ea PS2 Goemon game? I'm almost positive there was. Dunno if it was any good.

But yeah, I played through MN64 and actually own Goemon's Great Adventure, both games are quite awesome.

Also, was it just me or was Ebisumaru a bit flaming? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Top Bottom