• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA anime vending machine in Japan

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/06/news_6101943.html

TOKYO--Japanese peripheral manufacturer am3 announced today that it will begin testing a new vending machine that sells movies for the Game Boy Advance. Market testing of the vending machine will take place at 20 locations around Japan from August through September.

To get movies from the new machine, customers will insert a proprietary re-writeable Smart Media card and then download the movie data which can then be viewed with a separate GBA device called Advance Movie. Each movie will cost between 100 ($0.91) to 400 yen ($3.70) depending on the content. On sale since last year, all Advance Movie titles thus far have been based on anime programs.

The first four TV episodes of Pokemon will be available in August for 300 yen ($2.70) each, followed by four more episodes in September. The 32MB media card used for storing the movie data will retail for 1,980 yen ($18). am3 plans to eventually install its vending machines across all of Japan. The company hopes to place ten thousand machines in total by summer 2005.

Aside from movie data, am3 plans to make other data available as well. Announced in March, its Advance Comic peripheral allows users to view manga (comics) on the GBA. am3 is also planning to sell data from the machine for three other GBA peripherals currently in development. They are: Advance Picture, for viewing still images; Advance Music, which allows music playback; and Advance Navi, which displays maps.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Yeah, I just saw that thread. Can't blame me for making a new thread...crappy thread title :p

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
If this came to the us instead of the majesco video, I would purchase a shit load of stuff.

Link316

Banned
this is great if it means you can stores the movies onto your PC instead of having to buy more cards everytime it fills up

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Link316 said:
this is great if it means you can stores the movies onto your PC instead of having to buy more cards everytime it fills up

Get a USB -> GBA link, cough cough :p

Top Bottom