• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GBA: Your Top 3 Games

jarrod

Banned
Just remember...

Advance Wars >>> Fire Emblem

Metroid >>> Castlevania

F-Zero >>> Mario Kart

Golden Sun >>> Lufia

MegaMan >>> everything

...and you should be fine. :)

andthebeatgoeson

Advance Wars 2 (replaying it currently)
Castlevania:Aria of Sorrow
Metroid Fusion

Those are my top 3 although I loved Castlevania Harmony of Dissonance too. So get that one as well.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
originals:

Golden Sun saga <- anyone can tell me that the storyline is shit, blah blah but combine the two games and everything is great, either that or it's cause I'm a Camlot RPG fanboy :p
Fire Emblem
Tactics Ogre <- still surpasses every strat-RPG released for GBA except Fire Emblem of course ;)

ports:

Zelda: Link to the Past
Breath of Fire II <- not as great (i.e. difficult) as SNES version but still one of my favourite RPGs even if the dialogue is full of shit and giggles.
Super Mario World

eshwaaz

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. I should have plenty of info now to make some intelligent choices.

Wario Ware is a definite, but I'm still undecided on what other titles I'll buy. Metroid or Castlevania: AOS seem like pretty consistent favorites.

This thread has been done so many times. That said, here are the same 3 I've recommended 8000 times in the past!

Gurulogi Champ - one of the best games on any console, ever.
Kuru Kuru Kururin (and Kururin Paradise, which is basically an expansion pack)
Pokemon Pinball Ru/Sa - this will probably be replaced by Mario Golf, but I haven't picked that up yet. :)

I'm not just trying to be mr obscure import guy, either. I've played through almost every other game named in this thread, and loved almost all of them dearly, but Gurulogi, the Kururin games, and PokePin have that endless Tetris-esque replay appeal that makes them essential portable games to own. Most of the ones named by other people fell into the "quickly finish and never play again" category for me.

Top Bottom