• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Memory 1019... F-Zero GX problems?

TheDiave

Banned
Long story short... I bought a Mem Card 1019 to replace my 251, and for some odd reason, the memory card manager will not let me move or copy my primary F-Zero GX file. Has anybody else run into this error? Is there a solution?

*grumble*

epmode

have you tried loading a save in f-zero, then swapping cards, then saving the game?

that worked in soul calibur 1..

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I have the same problem. Not just F-Zero GX, but also PSO Episodes I, II, III, Network Settings, and PSO Guild Data, all of which are separate files on the card. Blech.

quite a few games don't let you do that... but if you have PSO and a BBA you can use a small application called GCS to copy your saves to PC, then to another card...

TheDiave

Banned
Its not the memory card. Its Sega. You can't copy FZero GX saves.
*mutters swears*

Well that's just plain gay... And I'm not talking "Roaring 20's" gay, I'm talking Liberace in a sequin jumpsuit gay.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Yeah I did the exact same thing you did and ran into the same problem.

I basically now just have my 251 permently in my F-Zero case's mem card slot. Just like Animal Crossings 59!

hooo

boooy
The Faceless Master said:
quite a few games don't let you do that... but if you have PSO and a BBA you can use a small application called GCS to copy your saves to PC, then to another card...

Sure you can copy them off with GCS, and you can even open them up in a hex editor to change the header so that even the GC manager can copy them, but regardless, the game won't let you play them unless they're on the memory card that it created them on. It actually looks like sega did some sort of encryption on the game data based off of some identifier built into the card. Until someone with leet skills cracks it, there's not much point in copying the file anywhere.

snaildog

Yeah they won't let you copy the save, move the save, or access fucking data from memory card slot 2. Every time I play F-Zero I turn it on, oops, turn it off, swap memory cards, and then repeat for the next game I put in.

Top Bottom