• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Phantasy Star Online: Episode I & II Plus delayed

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
Old ship date: 8/31
New ship date: 9/14

244783-mock.jpg

Confirmed on EB's and Gamestop's sites.

Two more weeks of waiting for you PSOers.

Kumiko Nikaido

Vindication...sweet.
ManaByte said:
What is the "Plus"?

"In this version of Sonic Team's award-winning PSO series, you get two games in one. Episode I contains all the hit content from the original PSO and PSO ver.2, while, Episode II brings a brand new full-length adventure. With real-time combat and enemies that are more powerful than ever before, you'll venture deep into lush worlds filled with mystery and intrigue."

For offline gameplay, Episode I & II Plus brings intense split-screen battles for up to four players on the same console. Additionally, you play quests and mini-games from PSO I & II that were previously only available online. Plus also includes three Episode II quests: Seat of the Heart, The East Tower, and The West Tower; five multiplayer Challenge Mode stages; and two downloadable mini-games: NiGHTS - Score Attack and Puyo Pop."

bjork

If they're going to do that for GC people, Xbox PSO players should be able to download all the quests imo.

No, Blue Burst has a new level and new enemies, Plus is just the downloadable content added to the offline game for those that couldn't get it.

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
dog$ said:
Anyone happen to know if old GC PSO1&2 saves work on this, yet?
I am interested in knowing this too. I've spent some time building up a Ramar (Lvl 52 so far) and I'd hate to lose him.

well, if i recall correctly, with the Japanese "Plus", the saves work, but once you use them in "Plus" and save, they no longer work with the old version...

Scott

Glad there was a delay, not happy that it wasn't long enough. :\

I just hope it's not sold out like the current one by the time I can afford it (October-ish), because paying 60$+ on ebay for a used copy (of the original) with a defunct serial code isn't my idea of a good deal. ;)

BuddyC

The Faceless Master said:
well, if i recall correctly, with the Japanese "Plus", the saves work, but once you use them in "Plus" and save, they no longer work with the old version...
Correct.

aoi tsuki

Are there any improved security measures to prevent hacking in the new version? That's the main thing that'd make me buy it, seeing as how i haven't played in months and was thinking of finally getting a keyboard adapter to play it.

explodet

I've still got my 100 lvl FO kicking around - once this game is out I should get my license back and start playing again.

Top Bottom