• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GC Prog Scan - How to DEactivate?

BuddyC

I know that on supported titles, I hold down B to get the Progressive Scan option. Do I have to do that every time I boot the game, or only once? If it's a one-time thing, how do I turn Prog Scan off, that is, if I wanted to use a non PS TV? Thanks :D

spangler

I'm pretty sure it works like this:

Once you activate it the first time, it will automatically go into progressive scan mode for supported games. If you don't want progressive scan to be on, hold B while the game is loading and it will again ask you if you want to start in prog. scan. To quote Nancy Reagan, just say no and you'll be set. You'll obviously need to hold down B again the next time you want to activate prog. scan.

BuddyC

I guess that would work too. I don't have it yet, I just wanted to be informed so I don't have any problems later in the week.

w0o

Using my GC VGA cable with my computer monitor, I have to do the hold b button thing everytime I boot a game that supports progressive scan. So no deactivation procedure that i know of. Probably different if you're using a progressive scan tv.

Hero

I mean I'm pretty sure most games if you hold B ask you if you want to enable it. You can select no.

I've always wondered if all the progressive scan enabled games remembered the setting the next time you boot up. I always hold down the B button just to be safe.

epmode

Error Macro said:
I've always wondered if all the progressive scan enabled games remembered the setting the next time you boot up.
they do. the screen will come up asking if you want to switch, and if you do nothing, it'll boot into progressive.

During my brief fling with X-Blaster, I just had to do it once for a game and that was it. If I wanted to play the game on the television then, I had to deactivate it by holding the button down again. I'd just assumed the games had a save file that was determing this. (It's possible my memory's faulty, but this is the way I remembered it.)

Top Bottom