• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GCN Zelda vs Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

xexex

Banned
both games will be coming out at roughly the same time, say within 3 months of each other. one will be on a current gen console the other will be on PC and a nextgen console.

realzelda7.jpg

DSC00477.JPG

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041022093603087.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014924.jpg

DSC00473.JPG

oblivion04.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014705.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-20040512100820624.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014987.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041021063825657.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014472.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014831.jpg

the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-20041022095721109.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014252.jpg

the-legend-of-zelda-gcn-200405110014909.jpg

both have forests, both have horses, both are set in an earthy environment. both will have a huge world to explore. I'm so friggen stoked for both games.

now think about the leap in graphics from the new GCN Zelda, to Elder Scrolls IV. then realize that the next, next Zelda, on Revolution, will look conciderably better than ESIV in 2008 or so :D

Sriram

Ive never seen that last zelda pic before. Wheres it from, the extended trailer?

Oh, and this is a terrible idea for so many reasons.

king zell

Elder Scrolls is nothing compared to ZELDA IMO

at least art-wise

when you look at zelda you see something beautiful not just high polys

jett

D-Member
I'm not even a PC gamer, and I can see that ES4 owns Zelda, tech and art-wise. Really people, this new Zelda is extremely early and doesn't look impressive at all. TAKE OFF TEH GOGGLES!

Is this joke? right?

That castle shot from Zelda looks it's from the very first Unreal... you know, the intro where you could check your frame rate. =)

jarrod

Banned
jett said:
I'm not even a PC gamer, and I can see that ES4 owns Zelda, tech and art-wise. Really people, this new Zelda is extremely early and doesn't look impressive at all. TAKE OFF TEH GOGGLES!
But it still looks better than Fable.

*zing!*

olimario

Banned
I see Zelda looking a lot better once it's released.
I hope they can expand the draw distance a bit and add some more grass.

AssMan

Banned
Junior Members....gotta love em!!

P.M.S.-Is it me or does that Wanda pic with the giant remind you of something from The Neverending Story??

Stele

Holds a little red book
bitwise said:
i'm more interested in Oblivion. Zelda games are just a "breeze-through once" type game for me.
I'm interested in Zelda more, because they aren't boring as fuck.

Pellham

Banned
I don't think it's fair to compare the games. Sure they have similar environments, but one is an action/adventure with emphasis on simple dungeon puzzles and your standard adventure game/RPG elements. The other is an immense computer RPG w/ the standard nonlinear do your own thing scenarios. Both will be good for what they are doing. :p

ge-man

I think you guys are missing the point of this thread. The original poster isn't comparing them to see whose the best. To him, both games are an example of what he's really excited about seeing in the near future. Not everything is about the console wars.

xexex

Banned
I think you guys are missing the point of this thread. The original poster isn't comparing them to see whose the best. To him, both games are an example of what he's really excited about seeing in the near future. Not everything is about the console wars.

bless you, good sir.

Tritroid

...I can't believe someone actually made a thread about this.

Dear God,

Please make all junior members die.

Amen.

shpankey

not an idiot
those pics of Zelda to be frank look like shit... i mean some of that looks like the graphical quality of Quake II.

to compare these two games, at least on a graphical level, is completely laughable. the Zelda pics looks like utter shit and the other game is a fucking jaw dropper. of course nintendo fanboys never actually see "reality" lol

Tritroid said:
...I can't believe someone actually made a thread about this.

Dear God,

Please make all junior members die.

Amen.

IAWTP. Lock the forums; throw away the key.

I think both games look HAWT except that ESIV:O is a PC title and will be wayyy prettier on a 3200+ athlon64. But of course.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
shpankey said:
those pics of Zelda to be frank look like shit... i mean some of that looks like the graphical quality of Quake II.

to compare these two games, at least on a graphical level, is completely laughable. the Zelda pics looks like utter shit and the other game is a fucking jaw dropper. of course nintendo fanboys never actually see "reality" lol

realzelda4.jpg

full03.jpg

Uh... riiiight.

demi

both have forests, both have horses, both are set in an earthy environment. both will have a huge world to explore. I'm so friggen stoked for both games.

IAWTP THESE GAMES ALONE HAVE ALL THE REQUIREMENTS TO BE GOOD AM I RIGHT DUDE?

FORESTS HORSES EARTHY ENVIRONMENTS ITS LIKE THE AMISH FOLK GAME OF THE YEAR MEGATON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:(

Speevy

Banned
Is there some reason why we're putting down Zelda in favor of a game which will in all likelihood look 10x better than any console game this generation?

Gattsu25

Banned
Mr. Diller > all these games

and FUCK ALL with the posting wanda pics in a thread without warning those of us on the media boycott >_<

AeroGod

Its too hard for me to decide. They both LOOK good, but Morrowind left a stale and dull taste in my mouth and I hate what the Zelda series has become. If they both ended up being stupid I wouldnt be surprised, thankfully. Bethesda is terrible and Nintendo doesnt know what to do with Zelda anymore(the new style rocks though) so they just do whatever they can think of first. LETS COVER THE WORLD WITH 90% WATER JUST LIKE THE REAL WORLD! OKAY!

Anyways. Why are we comparing these again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom