• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsmith

remember me
Mandarake is your friend if you're looking for older out of print figures.

I think this is the drill shoulders guy. Doesn't look like the other one is in stock.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1078370.html

Do a search for グレンラガン リボルテック to see what else they have.

But mandarake only does registered sal, you can't combine shipping from different stores, they charge a 500 yen handling fee for orders under 5,000 yen, and sometimes your order will be cancelled if somebody bought it in the store.

There's a Kotobukiya Mitsuru also. What's the going rate for an Alter Mitsuru?
Looks like 7,000 yen on mandarake, more than twice that on ebay. I think the Kotobukiya one looks better than Alter's.

Ultimadrago

ibeY2cVlLYfjok.JPG

Yuuko Aioi - Banpresto figure

I've only recently become acquainted with Banpresto's figures, but man are they nice. Not only is this an alternate/casual outfit for the character (same going for the others in the line), but the base is from a manga panel relevant to when the outfit was worn.

It's larger than I thought it would be too. I'm going to be getting more of the Nichijou figures from them for sure. They are real impressive.

I pre-ordered the D-Arts classic Mega Man figure from Amazon months ago and it's still not available. However, it's available from 3rd party sellers at a higher price.

Amazon usually gets these D-Arts figures in at some point but I'm starting to get worried. What should I do?

available on amazon right now through one of the 3rd party sellers but "fulfilled by amazon" so prime eligible. $45

actually, this info is probably better PM'ed. imma do that now

Mandarake is your friend if you're looking for older out of print figures.

I think this is the drill shoulders guy. Doesn't look like the other one is in stock.
http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-1078370.html

Do a search for グレンラガン リボルテック to see what else they have.

But mandarake only does registered sal, you can't combine shipping from different stores, they charge a 500 yen handling fee for orders under 5,000 yen, and sometimes your order will be cancelled if somebody bought it in the store.

Yeah that's the one and at a good price too, although from the way you describe this would you say for certain that it's the most reliable supplier?

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah that's the one and at a good price too, although from the way you describe this would you say for certain that it's the most reliable supplier?
I've bought from them plenty of times, and I always get my stuff, no problem, once I pay. They don't sell bootlegs, and are completely reliable. But the products they sell is the stock at their retail stores, so that's why there's a small chance your order might not go through. All the PVC figures I've ordered from them have gone through, and the only things they've cancelled on me are some smaller Earthbound trading figures.

After getting a perfect condition Kotobukiya Mitsuru for only 4,000 yen I'll always be a fan.

I've bought from them plenty of times, and I always get my stuff, no problem, once I pay. They don't sell bootlegs, and are completely reliable. But the products they sell is the stock at their retail stores, so that's why there's a small chance your order might not go through. All the PVC figures I've ordered from them have gone through, and the only things they've cancelled on me are some smaller Earthbound trading figures.

After getting a perfect condition Kotobukiya Mitsuru for only 4,000 yen I'll always be a fan.

Well the box may be damaged but I think you have more or less convinced me. Any idea if they ship to Canada or accept Canadian payment for that matter?

johnsmith

remember me
Oh, and forgot to mention, you don't pay until they confirm they have the item and send you the complete price with shipping. So there's really no risk if they cancel your order.

And you might be cursing me instead of thanking me after you start to order too much, like I did after I started using it and amiami's preowned section.

I don't think I'll be ordering too much, it's mostly just this one that I'm after for now. Which shipping method would be the best choice?

Edit: maybe it would be best to continue this in PM's

LadyRiven

So after much debate and consideration and waiting, I finally snagged this beautiful thing on AmiAmi.

XRuoZAs.jpg

She's been on my wishlist since I first saw her years ago, and thought I would never own her since her price is so high. Well, screw that. She's mine now. I'm so happy.

I have loved this figure since before I began seriously collecting figures. At the time I couldn't justify spending the money on her, but I'd buy her now in a heartbeat if I could. Congratulations!

Jayhawk

Oh man, I've been keeping an eye out for the Alter Mitsuru for weeks just because I like the face better on that compared to the Kotobukiya version... but I may have to jump on that pre-owned Kotobukiya version on Amiami.

Oh man, I've been keeping an eye out for the Alter Mitsuru for weeks just because I like the face better on that compared to the Kotobukiya version... but I may have to jump on that pre-owned Kotobukiya version on Amiami.

alter one also has a problem with leaning iirc.

Jayhawk

alter one also has a problem with leaning iirc.

Based on MFC comments for both the Mitsuru figures, the Kotobukiya one has the leaning issue... I think I can wait (even if it means months) for an Alter Mitsuru. I mean, I bought Rise, Yukiko, and Lisa this past month. I can wait to buy more Persona figures.

LiK

Based on MFC comments for both the Mitsuru figures, the Kotobukiya one has the leaning issue... I think I can wait (even if it means months) for an Alter Mitsuru. I mean, I bought Rise, Yukiko, and Lisa this past month. I can wait to buy more Persona figures.

I have the Koto one, No leaning issues at all.

Mikhal

I want the Alter Mitsuru for the gun to the head pose. But I'm hoping that there's some new P3 figures when the movie comes out.

Jinaar

Got my REX yesterday and set it up. Did not comprehend how flexible it is. I will try to set it up properly and take pics soon. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with it. Wonderfully done.

LiK

Got my REX yesterday and set it up. Did not comprehend how flexible it is. I will try to set it up properly and take pics soon. Just wanted to say how impressed I am with it. Wonderfully done.

Are the joints easy to manipulate? I haven't opened mine yet. Gonna do that tonight.

SUPARSTARX

New Hot Toys 1/6 IM 3 Tony Stark. Bye bye desires for Mech Test.

Also RIP my kit bash Avengers Tony Stark plans.

543920_10151218808727344_1284430486_n.jpg

321343_10151218808877344_1615542634_n.jpg

62369_10151218808937344_1793143494_n.jpg

421745_10151218809332344_1800882456_n.jpg

529003_10151218809447344_319635799_n.jpg

601075_10151218809502344_69950689_n.jpg

397563_10151218809297344_1102649446_n.jpg

317979_10151218808632344_2128801761_n.jpg

Sculpt might still need some tweaking of course.

Iron-Man-3-Trailer-Official.jpg

252606_10151218809002344_1750282691_n.jpg

AMUSIX

Wow, the hair and the eyes REALLY need to be fixed...I mean, there's a lot off with that sculpt, but those two really stand out.

My Rex hasn't yet arrived, but my friend's has.

He has mentioned to me some stiff leg joints and some of the pivots seem to be weird?

Can anyone who's got it elaborate on this? Is this a common thing? Will it be broken if it gets into an action pose or is it just a tough joint?

NEO0MJ

yea, read about that in the RadToysReview site. good to know.

you have it in a spot to display yet? i have no idea where to display it LOL

I'll buy another cabinet and have it stand on top of both of them. No way can it fit inside one.

He has mentioned to me some stiff leg joints and some of the pivots seem to be weird?

Can anyone who's got it elaborate on this? Is this a common thing? Will it be broken if it gets into an action pose or is it just a tough joint?

The joints are pretty stiff and it can be scary sometimes to move them, yet they can't seem to support its weight sometimes and just fall flat. Also, the rail gun is too heavy for its own good and causes the arm to fall down a bit.

I'll buy another cabinet and have it stand on top of both of them. No way can it fit inside one.

The joints are pretty stiff and it can be scary sometimes to move them, yet they can't seem to support its weight sometimes and just fall flat. Also, the rail gun is too heavy for its own good and causes the arm to fall down a bit.

Is the implication of this that the pose in column 3, row 2 of this image improbable/impossible?

The other one I really liked was column 2, row 5. But from the sounds of it these aren't going to hold up?

LiK

Highly recommend this review. The guy goes into some detail about it. Very useful for what to expect when you get it.

http://radtoyreview.com/2012/11/02/review-3as-metal-gear-solid-rex/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom